Where can I find a SNES?
Heh... turns out there ARE flash cards for the SNES. Just run a simple google search for it. I still can't believe that i've never heard of those before.
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
Now I've found a site, but in all honesty, I have no idea what to buy XD.

Nvm, what I figured woiuld happen did. She changed her mind; decided that since she's over here every day she'd just stick to playing the games through emulation.

And I have a gamepad (Nyko Air/Flo which I don't really suggest to anyone becasue the D-pad is quite loose & sometimes when you're pressing forward it'll read diagonal).
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Thanks for bringing up this thread though... I have quite the library of SNES games that I still play from time to time but without this thread I'm not sure when I would have ever found out about the flash cartridges. Now I just have to pick a decent supplier.

I still prefer sitting in front of the TV to play games as opposed to sitting in front of my computer.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Same here, though if you DO like playing at the PC. You can probably hunt down controllers and/or convertors that work in your pc. My favorite is the PS2-to-PC USB thing I have, so I can use my ps2 gamepad on the pc.
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
yeah... I've got one of those so I can play MAME on my laptop while I'm travelling.

Of course, thanks to this thread I just found out about the GBA Movie Player Advance which allows me to play movies on my little GBA SP and ordered one. Seeing that I already have a GBA and a few CF cards kicking around, the idea of spending less than $40 Cn (shipping included) to be able to watch movies (and anime) on the go has appeal to me.

Sure it isn't a PSP but for the price it's hard to beat.

curse you guys... I don't have the money to be spending on this stuff right now. Stop telling me about cool stuff that's out there.
desfunk Wrote:My favorite is the PS2-to-PC USB thing I have, so I can use my ps2 gamepad on the pc.
Where can I get one of those.

I got the controller I have now because I wanted one like a PS2 controller. Crappy thing is they didn't have themarranged & I ended up with a controller ofor Windows XP users. I still run 98 so I can't use the drivers, but it doesn't seem to matter when using it.

Originally I wanted the SNES modeled controller, because I planned to use it just for SNES GBA & Arcade Roms, but then I realised a better controller would help me out in Quake 3 (I was wrong there, the joysticks on this thing suck).

Also I'dlike to add; the Air Flo line claims it keeps your hands cooled. Well what they mean by thisis it makes the sweat on your hands cold as **** & makes an annoying sound..

I'd been meaning to ask, anyone out there know much about on-line multi-play in respects to emulation. I looked into Project64K, but Idon't know much about N64 emulation. I don't even think Battle.net is still around for the ZSNES users. But, I do have the program that's built into Kawaks to play Arcade games on-line.
If anyone else does & if you're willing to put up with my crappy connection speed & cheap tactics (on fighting games >.> <.< Hudoken over kill anyone?) if you'd like to play me.

Lately I've been playing ToP & Front Mission Gun Hazzard though. I just started d/ling a lot of other games I'd over looked in the past due to incomplete tranlation patches.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

Check out http://www.lik-sang.com/ and go to the SmartJoy section of their web page for adapters to use just about any controller on just about any platform. Lik Sang has a decent reputation and some pretty cool stuff for gamers looking for something a bit different. That's the place I just ordered my GBA Movie Player from and I did a bit of research on them before handing over any money. Most of what I was able to find out about them was positive so I feel ok recommending them.

I'm just not too sure what luck you're going to have with using Win 98 these days. Drivers are getting harder and harder to come by for that platform.
Those adaptors that connect two PS2 controllers into the USB are really tempting. That's what I originally wanted but couldn't find. And I know my joysticks on my PS2 controolers work.

I read into the description on those a bit more and it seems that the driver for them is designed to work will all versions of Windows since 98. That's pretty darn cool... I could play MAME games two players then...

I should wait till I have a job again before I go spending money on stuff like that.
Zagatto Wrote:I read into the description on those a bit more and it seems that the driver for them is designed to work will all versions of Windows since 98. That's pretty darn cool... I could play MAME games two players then...

I should wait till I have a job again before I go spending money on stuff like that.
I had a 100 dollar anime order planned out for christmas, but appearently all 13 discs won't be instock at the same time ever. So, I said, forget anime, & now I have a hundred bucks for on-line spending for whatever I please.

It's just I don't like buy 20 dollars here, 20 there, so I'm looking for some more cool stuff on that site.
I'll probably just get the ps2-pc thing, & then a ps2 memory card. That's one reason I had to stop buying games. All three memory cards I have are filled with data.

You must play a lot of games on the ps2. I have one ps2 memory card and it has all my data on it. It's fine as long as I delete all old non rpg data for games I won't ever play again. Of course if I didn't have an xbox i'd probably need 2 of them.
Cidien Wrote:You must play a lot of games on the ps2. I have one ps2 memory card and it has all my data on it. It's fine as long as I delete all old non rpg data for games I won't ever play again. Of course if I didn't have an xbox i'd probably need 2 of them.
I own a little over 50 games, & all three of my memory cards are filled.
I have to keep all my data 'cause God only knows when I'll be moved to play a game. Like The Suffering, I started the a year ago, if not for the fact that it's such a short game I would have picked back up, but because it was short, last month I just started a new game. Ok, that didn't help my point..

As it is right now I've got a 2 meg Nascar save file I'm not deleting till FF12 is released, else case I know I'll just replace it with something else before hand & then when FF12 comes out I'll have to spend 70-80 dollars rather than just 55 or so.

Batz Kage Wrote:I still run 98.

Any reason? Can't you just dl XP or something?

morgorath Wrote:Game Crazy can order one for you. Or you can wait for the SNEX to come out...

Edit: Also im curious, what's the SNEX?