Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Where can I find a SNES?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know a few questions like this has been asked before, but I can't for the ife of me find it using the search fuction.

I know I could check e-bay for a SNES, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a better place.

Also, does anyone know of a good place to find a SNES Flash Card?
Pawn shops. About 1 in 2 around here have them.
Cidien Wrote:Pawn shops. About 1 in 2 around here have them.
Thanks..

err, well as of about 30 minutes ago, I don't have the problem of needing to know a place. More of, how much should one cost & where I could get a flash card for one (if they even make them). I vaguely remember seeing a lik-sang ad, but I checked their site, so I assume it wasn't them.
No idea about flash cards but you can get an snes for $25-30.
Well honestly your best best is not to mess with anything like e-bay or pawn shops and just go the emulation route. But I'll assume you've already been that route and for some reason want to have a real SNES in your hands. So yeah e-bay or old pawn shops, good luck.
Do the SNES mod when you get it. It's awesome you can play games from all over the world... My SNES has like 4 different mods on it, I can't stop playing around with it!
What? All you need to do to "mod" an snes is take out the two metal pieces in it so other cartridges can fit. Bam, an all region snes.
Like everyone else said, just search Pawn shops. Garage Sales and Flea Markets are other good choices. There used to be some decent stores around here that still had used ones, but they're no longer around.

The problem comes with FINDING the actual games. Most of the big name titles will run you a sweet chunk of cash. As for flash cards, did they EVER exist for the snes? I know stuff like the gameboy advance has them, but i never knew about anything else
Cidien Wrote:What? All you need to do to "mod" an snes is take out the two metal pieces in it so other cartridges can fit. Bam, an all region snes.

Lock out chip needs disabling too or that might be just be the PAL SNES.
Game Crazy can order one for you. Or you can wait for the SNEX to come out...
I think I know of a place to get one, as I said before. We're going tomarrow. And by we, I mean me & my girl. She's the one that wants the console. She misses the Super Mario Brothers trilogy, so she looking to get a SNES & Super Mario All Stars.

I have a crap load of SNES Roms, which is one of the reasons I was wondering about a flash card; so I could store what ever game she wants to play that week on it for her.

It kinda sucks in a not so bad way. She can only play Halo & old school games -_-.

Err, well I'll asume that since no one on here really has any leads to a flash card, & they're not on lik-sang (although I swear I saw ads for them on Cherry Roms) sooo they likely don't exsist. The closest I could find was a thing to play them on the N64.

Thanks guys.
gubi-gubi Wrote:Lock out chip needs disabling too or that might be just be the PAL SNES.

Maybe. I just know I needed to pull out the pieces of metal and I could play carts from japan.

And you could always mod your xbox and play them on there. You'd still have a nice controller that way too. That's why I don't like roms, I like having the controller. Never found a computer controller that works very well, although I kinda wanna buy a core 360 so I can have a wired controller and use it on the computer. Plus the disc tray looks better on the core. =/ I'm so picky with small crap like that lol.
ebgames.com you can get a nes and 15 games for 50 bucks
There used to be a thing that you put on the snes that could read games from floppy discs. A friend of mine had one but it was like 4 times the price of a snes back then and a whole lot of hasle to get a game working. I doubt you could find one today but they did excist.

http://phonymike.com/ebay/gallery.jpg

This is it I think.
Cidien Wrote:I like having the controller.

I know what you mean but the xbox controller just can't beet the snes controller. I do use my xbox for roms as not to wear out the my classic consoles but it's just not the same. I did see some NES and SNES modded controllers on ebay once that worked with the xbox. They were awesome! I wonder if when the Revolution comes out it will have official NES/SNES/N64 controllers for the roms thing.
Pages: 1 2