Sun Devil DVD Question
I"m sort of a re-new here. I joined a while back but then haven't been here for a long time and forgot my registration info so I re-registered again. I'm browsing on the forum and to post a question when I saw this thread.

I buy R1's and 'imports' and while most of my import buys have went well (mostly from ebay sellers) both with seller and quality of dvds. I hesitated time and again buying from sundevil because for example...they are selling Twelve Kingdoms 6dvd set...I purchased this from another seller I have used before (though right now I"m waiting to settle a little matter with them but if it' is settled I'd say this seller has done good biz with me 97% of the time before this mishap, and no I won't mention names of course)....

anyway...I purchased it for free shipping (I was charged some shipping because it came with some other things but that one itself is free) and it was 32.99...what I found on ebay is the import 12 kingdoms run about that to about 34.99 with various shipping fees but most no higher then 7-8.00 if that...

then sundevil has it for the 34.00 (give or take, can't remember the exact cost) and then they charge 20.00 for shipping! yes folks it's listed right there....20.00!

I emailed them asking them why they are charging that when this is clearly an 'import' 6 dvd set and not the r1 us releases (if it was just say box 1 of the r1 us releases then you can find that now and then on ebay for about 60-70.00 before shipping and right stuf has them for 89.98)....

they emailed me back avoiding my question by saying 'they are real dvds' ...yeah we know they are real dvds.....that just means they are not something else doi.....:eek:
they tried to avoid saying these are imports let along unauthorized or bootleg or whatever you want to call them...

and while we buy the imports I think it's really shady to pretend you are selling region 1 releases.....or something other then they are.....

and then charging nearly 60 or more for that set when they go for under 40.00 before shipping..clearly charging 20.00 for shipping is shadey, ..I think there is something not right about them so I stay clear.

also saying something is r1 playable is not truthful...it's confusing to some people..maybe not those of us who know what r0 dvds are, what imports are....but you would be surprised at how some people don't know about these ....and then they are under the impression they are the original r1 releases....:mad:

well that's my rant on sundevil.....sometimes I just really want to find that anime and I will take a chance with a seller who may have a lot of negatives but have way more positives overall and read the feedback to try to see what the problems were on average but sundevil if you look at their auctions seem to have no consistant shipping and there is something misleading about lots of their descriptions.
yanagi_nyc Wrote:they tried to avoid saying these are imports let along unauthorized or bootleg or whatever you want to call them...

and while we buy the imports I think it's really shady to pretend you are selling region 1 releases.....or something other then they are.....

Where exactly does sundevil claim they're selling r1 releases instead of imports? Afaik, the last one who did that was sphiatt.com... or am I missing something?

Okay, they avoid using the term "bootleg". But that's just in order to protect their business. Anything else would be stupid. Remember: they are based in the US and therefore more vulnerable than some dealer in Asia. They propably get many emails of this kind from people who actually work for r1 companies. Guess it was nothing more than an automated response you got.

Happy New Year, everyone!
Idol Wrote:Where exactly does sundevil claim they're selling r1 releases instead of imports? Afaik, the last one who did that was sphiatt.com... or am I missing something?

Okay, they avoid using the term "bootleg". But that's just in order to protect their business. Anything else would be stupid. Remember: they are based in the US and therefore more vulnerable than some dealer in Asia. They propably get many emails of this kind from people who actually work for r1 companies. Guess it was nothing more than an automated response you got.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Yeah, but charging $20 for shiping in the US is ridiculous. Kinda like the people on ebay who try to get arround the ebay fees by having a low price but high shipping, only
SDD doesn't have a low price.

I do believe they explain what these dvd's are in their forum FAQ.

Anyway, I've heard enough about them here and at arctic to avoid them for the time being.

And welcome to the forums yanagi_nyc.
yeah i remember finding a listing on ebay for r1 dvd's and i was like hey thats a pretty good price then it said sun devil dvd and i was like um i thought those were hk's then i checked the site and was like wtf

I was pretty mad.

Thats all i have to say.

PS they are definately not r1 but they say they are.

I might as well sell a burned cd copy on ebay and call it a cd i got from hastings its no different.
Cyrus