Exotism
Nina182B Wrote:Hmmm.. I think exotic women have a really fierce look on their eyes... like that Victoria Secrets model that looks like she has cats eyes. I don't really think Asians are exotic, probably because I'm Asian and to me that look is normal. Oh yeah, I just saw the posters for the movie Memoirs of a Geisha and the girl's image is really beautiful.. the combination of blue eyes, red lipstick, pale skin, and black hair just looks really striking to me. I wouldn't call it exotic but it left an impression.

I believe you're talking about Adriana Lima, right? In my opinion she's exotism in person what with her blue greenish eyes, her tanned skin, dark hair and feline look. Then again she's a blend of French, Portuguese, Native-American, Japanese and Caribbean heritage so you can't get a more exotic mixture than that.
I too like it when a woman has feline eyes but, at least in my opinion, that doesn't necessarily mean she'll look exotic.
Your reply really proves my point. You don't think Asians are exotic because you are Asian whereas I think Asians are very exotic. I read an article about Euroasians where a girl said that while she envied her asian school friends' straight, shiny black hair and impecable look they envied her brown, more rebel kind of hair, wide eyes and western look. I find that funny, apparently there's a good number of Asians that find wide eyes, like the ones westerners have, very attractive but I personaly like it much more when an Asian (man or woman) has narrow eyes because that gives them that feline look I like so much.

I don't know if you're aware of it but the girl from Memoirs of a Geisha is Ziyi Zhang. The girl in the poster looks nothing like her but it is her.
Have you watched the trailer? The movie looks so beautiful! Those settings are gorgeous! You're lucky 'cause will be able to watch it next month, I'll probably have to wait till January or February. :mad:

Attached Files
.jpg   adriana072.jpg (Size: 104.54 KB / Downloads: 6)
.jpg   memoirs-of-a-geisha-hd-trailer-045.jpg (Size: 39.62 KB / Downloads: 4)
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Yes, the model is Adriana Lima. After taking a look at the pic you have posted of her, I don't think she looks exotic... I guess she just looks exotic in the commercials. Wow, I knew the actress from the movie was Ziyi Zhang but I really thought they used someone else for the posters. I would have never guessed. The trailer looked amazing. I loved the book & this movie doesn't look disappointing at all. When I saw the trailer, I was watching it from my computer and I couldn't get the volume to work. It seems like the movie is in English. I hope that turns out well because I didn't know Ziyi Zhang could speak fluent English. And it would be too weird if she's speaking English and it's not sounding natural.
Nina182B Wrote:Yes, the model is Adriana Lima. After taking a look at the pic you have posted of her, I don't think she looks exotic... I guess she just looks exotic in the commercials. Wow, I knew the actress from the movie was Ziyi Zhang but I really thought they used someone else for the posters. I would have never guessed. The trailer looked amazing. I loved the book & this movie doesn't look disappointing at all. When I saw the trailer, I was watching it from my computer and I couldn't get the volume to work. It seems like the movie is in English. I hope that turns out well because I didn't know Ziyi Zhang could speak fluent English. And it would be too weird if she's speaking English and it's not sounding natural.

Unfortunately it doesn't sound very natural because she speaks with a really strong accent.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]