Global warming is upon us! ahhhhhh! help us !!!
elcoholic Wrote:protected by dykes (I really hope i spelled this right :o )

babyeater0 Wrote:HAHAH THATS GOING IN THE SIGNATURE

Just to clear this whole 'dyke' thing up, both the word 'dike' and the word 'dyke' mean "An embankment of earth and rock built to prevent floods." they're also "Offensive Slang
Used as a disparaging term for a lesbian.". So basicaly you did spell it right even it has a double meaning.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=dykes

JunkieJoe Wrote:Please, please people, read that website and educate yourself

If you think the truth is on that website then you're as close minded as you accuse us of being. Websites like that, stating the exact opposite, exist by the hundreds. I'm not saying what's written there isn't true, it may or may not be, but what's certain is that one can't be sure of either. The same way there are scientists claiming global warming is bull there are scientists claiming it isn't, for now that is the only truth.

JunkieJoe Wrote:geo85, dude, we are talking about KYOTO, carbon dioxide, not cutting trees indiscriminatly

read the thread before treehugging, k, thanks, bye.

And just what the hell is wrong with treehugging?! I don't go around hugging trees but it seems pretty logical to me that if we don't try to protect them they're going bye-bye and we with them. It's not just a matter of protecting trees it's also a matter of protecting mankind and I'm not saying we should stop cutting them down altogether, I'm just saying we need to take it easy and organize things properly.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
well first to reply to your "that website is like 100 others on the internet of opposing view" I am sending people there not saying that Holier than thou things are written there, i am sending people that way to read the things they dont tell you when they scare you into end of the world bullshit... that website which is run by the academics has the info thats strangely always neglected by the Kyoto supporters..

now as for treehugging, where did i say that treehugging was bad? I said, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT KYOTO, not about destoying the rainforest, for crap sake, the same comment applies to you, dont accuse me of being anti-tree... I was making a point that the coversation is about KYOTO, not destruction of trees....

*sigh* I guess you are the "better safe than sorry" category Andromeda... cause you want to protect the trees, u want to support KYOTO.... its reasoning like this which is leading this world to hell in a hand basket.
JunkieJoe Wrote:well first to reply to your "that website is like 100 others on the internet of opposing view" I am sending people there not saying that Holier than thou things are written there, i am sending people that way to read the things they dont tell you when they scare you into end of the world bullshit... that website which is run by the academics has the info thats strangely always neglected by the Kyoto supporters..

now as for treehugging, where did i say that treehugging was bad? I said, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT KYOTO, not about destoying the rainforest, for crap sake, the same comment applies to you, dont accuse me of being anti-tree... I was making a point that the coversation is about KYOTO, not destruction of trees....

*sigh* I guess you are the "better safe than sorry" category Andromeda... cause you want to protect the trees, u want to support KYOTO.... its reasoning like this which is leading this world to hell in a hand basket.

I'm definitely in the "better safe than sorry" category but you can be sure I don't agree with removing water vapour from our atmosphere if that's what the supporters of Kyoto are really thinking of doing. In fact, what I truly defend isn't cleaning the Earth of whatever (well, it wouldn't hurt us to clean a few polluted rivers), it's polluting it a whole lot less.

I wasn't saying you think treehugging's bad but the truth is that everytime someone here says something about treehugging it's always in a cynical way.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
just a little tidbit i wanted to add

It has really started to seem to me that if i choose the opposite of what Bush says in almost every circumstance then i will be doing really really good lol kinda like asking a friend if he thinks final fantasy 7 is a good rpg when he has really crappy taste in rpg's and when he freaks out and says hell no you will know its really good
Cyrus
evilomar Wrote:I still want to know what asshole said that Ninjas weren't real? That's the real fucking debate here!!!

I also say they aren't proved real as they only appeared in print in the 20th century. They are an exagerated fairy tale apparently.