UN commits mass Smurficide -- in new PSA
The United Nations has plans to stamp out the Smurfs -- in the name of war awareness.

According to E!, UNICEF has released a PSA featuring the Smurfs, being bombed by an unknown force, with the familiat Smurfs either dead or disappeared. Only Baby Smurf escapes alive, wailing.

The message -- "Don't let war affect the lives of children."

The PSA will be seen on TV channels in Europe (starting in Belgium), Latin America and Australia, with the stipulation that it cannot be seen until after 7PM local time (9PM in Belgium).

Unfortunately, the PSA will not be seen in the US or Canada, and forget seeing it on the internet -- conditions also include not uploading the PSA.
--
Travel The Anime Expressway
http://www.animeexpressway.com/
I am quite speachless...
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Good, this has been a long time coming. Those dirty smurfs are finally getting what they disserve.

Seriously though, what the fuck.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
rugrats1 Wrote:and forget seeing it on the internet -- conditions also include not uploading the PSA.

Yeah right! (btw, what's a PSA?)

I don't get it though. There's no war in the places they show it so why would war affect the lives of our children? Hmm, I'll probably catch it if its shown here so I'll know then.
Public Service Announcement. Probably an anti iraq war protest thing. And we'll see it on the internet. Someone will upload it.
Ha, I just saw it on the news and some guy was complaining about it destroying the fantasy world of children. Its just an overview of the smurf town and suddenly bombs start dropping down. What a waste of money.
elcoholic Wrote:Ha, I just saw it on the news and some guy was complaining about it destroying the fantasy world of children. Its just an overview of the smurf town and suddenly bombs start dropping down. What a waste of money.

On Robot Chicken (a show on Adult swim) they take the movie seven deadly sins and use smurfs in it. It is pretty damn funny. They use the word smurf for just aobut everything. Like ?Holy smurfing Smurf!? And ?Smurf off!? And ?(insert name of a smurf) smurf, has been smurfed.?

I won't say this add will fail, because I'm not sure anyone can really tell what it is supposed to accomplish. It is a way vague PSA, that lacks purpose. It is a big waste of money.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote:I won't say this add will fail, because I'm not sure anyone can really tell what it is supposed to accomplish. It is a way vague PSA, that lacks purpose. It is a big waste of money.

Just like most commercials and most things in general...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
They should do one where South Park is bombed and the only one left is Kenny. It would make more sense that way. :p
Mot_Soldats Wrote:They should do one where South Park is bombed and the only one left is Kenny. It would make more sense that way. :p

I get the feeling it would only make people laugh that which would kill their purpose but who knows.

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:I get the feeling it would only make people laugh that which would kill their purpose but who knows.

Seeing smurfs get bombed and them being serious about it would make me laugh my ass off.
Cidien Wrote:Seeing smurfs get bombed and them being serious about it would make me laugh my ass off.

Yeah you got a point id like to see that it would be amusing because I can't stand the smurfs.

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
rugrats1 Wrote:...forget seeing it on the internet -- conditions also include not uploading the PSA.

Everything ends up on the internet. Video here. Really tho, it was pretty disapointing. Maybe if the explosions looked more real and caused some arms and legs to go flying.

I can see it maybe disturbing older people who grew up with the Smurfs, but for most of the internet generation will probely offer nothing more than a yawn or giggle. After all, somewhere on the internet there probley exists fanfiction (erotic in nature, as all fanfiction is) of the smurfs at war with the carebears, preforming the most horrible and inhuman acts. Now that, is disturbing.
[Image: kitty.gif]
darkanx Wrote:Everything ends up on the internet. Video here. Really tho, it was pretty disapointing. Maybe if the explosions looked more real and caused some arms and legs to go flying.

I can see it maybe disturbing older people who grew up with the Smurfs, but for most of the internet generation will probely offer nothing more than a yawn or giggle. After all, somewhere on the internet there probley exists fanfiction (erotic in nature, as all fanfiction is) of the smurfs at war with the carebears, preforming the most horrible and inhuman acts. Now that, is disturbing.

It was disappointing what a pity...

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
I thought it was halarious. Thanks for the vid.