Shadow of the colossus
Anyone heard or excited about this up in comming ps2 title?
babyeater0 Wrote:Anyone heard or excited about this up in comming ps2 title?
Heard about it yes..am excited..no, not really.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
He there. Whats up BE. Long time no ..eh read.

Ofcourse I've been following this game. Can't wait to download it since we europeans will have to wait a couple of months more than the US, or atleast that's what sony wants.

The movies look great and if anyone played ICO you know that this game will be full of beauty. End of october is the realese right?
babyeater0 Wrote:Anyone heard or excited about this up in comming ps2 title?

I have and I am. ^_^
Yeah I've been following it for some time, looks fantastic, really looking forward to it.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
So is it a game like Myst or what? I here a lot of excited chatter surrounding it from fans of Ico, but I never understood what that game was about. I never had any motivation to find out, because it looked so vague.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
I cant wait for this game, but it requires me having money in order to get it. Also, if you havent played ICO, go out and buy it right now, you can get it for 10 bucks.
Blight Wrote:So is it a game like Myst or what? I here a lot of excited chatter surrounding it from fans of Ico, but I never understood what that game was about. I never had any motivation to find out, because it looked so vague.

Nothing like myst. Its a 3rd person adventure a little like prince of persiaConfusedot but more beautiful and with less fighting. Basicaly you guide this girl through a huge castle while solving puzzles to open the next door and sometimes fighting of some shadow enemies (not really fighting since you have 1 move with a stick). But the architecture and graphics is pure art (they have some weird filter over the graphics making the background look very real). Its made in I think 2001 and with that in mind it looks awesome. If you can still find it then get it. Your jaw will drop a few times I guarantee.
For awhile, my EB had brand new sealed ICOs for $10 (canadian). But i prety much bought them all out, as gifts for friends (i did the same when they had the dirt cheap Ikaruga's for gamecube)

Anyway, this game comes out THIS WEEK!!! And futureshop and best buy seem to have it set at $39.99 for the first weekend of sales. The game rocks, and i've only played the demo (which i've heard is the crappy E3 demo, and the game has been tweaked like mad since then).
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
i have the demo. it looks fantastic. you have to take down this huge colossus. you need to blind him with your sword by reflecting light, this can only be done in a well let area and then you have to climb on him and stab him with your sword and ride on him to regain energy. and you can ride a horse!!! is the character really a girl? lol i thought it was a guy i'll have to look at it again.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
The character is a guy, if only cause the point of the game is saving that girl. They wouldn't have a girl saving a girl. The above post (above mine) is talking about ICO, where you have to guide the girl around by holding her hand.

Second, that's the whole point of the game. Every level is just to tackle the colossus. Each being a puzzle within itself. You eventually get some different weapons (mainly just a bow & arrow), so it opens up new ways to weaken them. There's a flying one, some swimming one, fast moving ones, etc.
Comes Out Tommorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't Wait To Pick Up My Copy!!!!!
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/658/658991p1.html

Check this out. Freaking 9,7. I got goosebumps reading itBig Grin
I know, it's been getting some REALLY nice reviews. Though most usually say "you'll either love it, or hate it. there's no in between"
So, anyone got it yet? I've played for 2 hours yesterday and beat the first 3 Colossi. Now I'm just going to explore a bit. The world is huge and there are climable structures and walls all over. So much to discover in this world which is actually empty but then again so full of beauty. And then there's the Colossi which are just so awesome and at times hard to beat. You definetly need to examine them before going in to have a clue of what to do. Its definetly not a straigt forward battle.

This game is truely an experience. I think the ign review explained it perfectly and it fully deserves the high rating. Though this game isn't for everyone. You have to like exploring area's without any action going on. It can take quite some time to find the location of the Colossi. But ridding your horse is alot of fun and looks beautiful. The movement of this game's horse is spot on.

I'm really excited to find out what the game is about since it all starts out so vague. I want to know what happened to that land, what the Colossi are, who the main charrecter and the dead girl are. So many questions and you have a lot of time to think about the story since your ridding arround so much just enjoying the scenery and wondering what's up there and stuff. Any gamer with a little patience and apreciation for original concepts need to take a look at this game. Also any ps2 bashing graphics whores need to look at this game and then shut up for the remainder of this generation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Endings: shadow of the colossus SPOILERS! babyeater0 13 6,781 11-10-2005, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Elcoholic