360 costs
Well after they released the prices on the 360 system the other day boy do I have sticker shock. I had been paying the reserve thing at Gamestop and had put alittle over 300$ down now after seeing the version with the 20Gig hard drive and the other stuff is 399 with the extra controler and the one game I have reserved for the release I still need to pony up another 200$ at least. I have high hopes but at over 500$ just to get off the ground and running the 360 better blow everything else out of the water
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
They're already taking a hit giving you the 360 for the price you're going to get it. So I really don't think you have anything to complain about.
Say whatever you will about them taking a hit 500$ for a system with two controlers and one game is still alot reminds me alot of the Neo Geo system when it was out. For me this won't be to big of a deal because I have a decent job and fit into the late 20s age group that can start to afford the toys would like to get But for your basic 13-21 year old who can really make up a big portion of video game sales that is alot of money to eather ask for or have to work to make, unless you are one of them kids with the silver spoon in the mouth thing. I guess we will see when Nintendo and Sony release their next generation systems if they match microsoft with price or try to mark theirs down some
Excel saga
Do people who complain about the price have a short memory or something? Its still cheaper than every past console release except the nintendo stuff (psx, ps2, xbox, dreamcast etc.), atleast over in europe it is. And just look at the hardware in there. They will probably sell its gpu next year for $500 on its own for use in pc's. Only stupid thing is that bare bones system for $300 and the price of the extra stuff (HD for $99).

I was expecting $500 for a bare bones system. I think the $400 is an excelent deal (assuming it deliveres on expectations of the system performance).

I am a little worried about the wireless controllers though. I just bought a joytech wireless for my ps2 that works on the same technology and it sucks. Half the button presses don't reach the console which sucks especially with racing games. I think I'd rather have an wired one.
Don't worry by the time it makes it's way too Europe, they will have jacked the price way the fuck up and you'll be able to complain then. But yeah, being in college right now there is no way in hell I could afford that.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Cost is not high at all, I am going to wait for model 2 or 3, M$ stated itself that the second and third models are going to be better than model one, plus by the release of the ps3 the price will drop. Besides is there really any game thats going to make you want a 360 now, I doubt it.
geo85 Wrote:Cost is not high at all, I am going to wait for model 2 or 3, M$ stated itself that the second and third models are going to be better than model one, plus by the release of the ps3 the price will drop. Besides is there really any game thats going to make you want a 360 now, I doubt it.

Considering the backwards compatibility issue, I doubt I will buy one at all. I thought they had this generation in the bag until that stupid move. I guess they asked Nintendo to see if they could get some advice about shooting them selves in the foot with a new console. (I am mainly referring to no disc for the 64 and proprietary discs for the Cube)
Mantis421 Wrote:Say whatever you will about them taking a hit 500$ for a system with two controlers and one game is still alot reminds me alot of the Neo Geo system when it was out. For me this won't be to big of a deal because I have a decent job and fit into the late 20s age group that can start to afford the toys would like to get But for your basic 13-21 year old who can really make up a big portion of video game sales that is alot of money to eather ask for or have to work to make, unless you are one of them kids with the silver spoon in the mouth thing. I guess we will see when Nintendo and Sony release their next generation systems if they match microsoft with price or try to mark theirs down some

Of course it's a lot of money. Gaming is a lot of money. But I still don't understand your complaint when they are already taking a price hit to give it to you for the price they are. They could charge you the cost of the system+ some and sell it for like $600. As stated before, the processor alone when they put it out for the pc will probably sell for more than the system is.

And by the way I guarantee you there will not be a price drop when the ps3 comes out. I'd bet half a grand on that. That's what Halo 2 is for.
From looking at the price difference and what comes with it though I do agree the higher priced bundle for the 360 is the better value. My bigger concern is why they are still going to make controlers for the 360 that are conected by wire, when they are talking about the wireless controlers so much. I have to wonder will the controler need direct sight to the 360 at all times or what will happen say someone walks in front of you while you are playing will the contoler not work for a sec
Excel saga
Cidien Wrote:And by the way I guarantee you there will not be a price drop when the ps3 comes out. I'd bet half a grand on that. That's what Halo 2 is for.

Halo 3 Wink

I won't take that bet but it is possible that they lower the price if enough people wait for the ps3 and 360 to both be out and then make their decission. What if next month they announce the ps3 for $400 and its out by march. That kind of announcement will make alot of people wait. If they don't make their sales goal and the difference is big enough I'm pretty sure they'll lower the price to be under the ps3's. They take a big risk bringing it out so soon and they really can not afford to lose this round. Well, they can but I don't think they will put as much effort in future systems if they don't start making profit with this system.

Quote:I have to wonder will the controler need direct sight to the 360 at all times or what will happen say someone walks in front of you while you are playing will the contoler not work for a sec

No, it works on radio frequenties and those go right through the wall. What you describe only happens with infra red. But I have one that works with radio frequenties for the ps2 and it frequently does not respond so that makes me wonder if it will work perfectly on the 360. Ps3 uses bluetooth and I'm pretty confident about those even though that technology hasn't been used with controllers before.
Mantis421 Wrote:From looking at the price difference and what comes with it though I do agree the higher priced bundle for the 360 is the better value. My bigger concern is why they are still going to make controlers for the 360 that are conected by wire, when they are talking about the wireless controlers so much. I have to wonder will the controler need direct sight to the 360 at all times or what will happen say someone walks in front of you while you are playing will the contoler not work for a sec

Because wireless controllers cost a lot more to make and they are trying to save costs. If you wanna see how well a wireless controller works get a nintendo wireless controller for the gamecube. We tested it out by telling my friend which way to go in a racing game by yelling at him while he stood in another room. It couldn't work better.

And yes, Halo 3. Thanks.
where are you getting 500 for the premium model? I just saw a price sheet and the two versions are 299 and 399 respectively..
ZeroInterrupt Wrote:where are you getting 500 for the premium model? I just saw a price sheet and the two versions are 299 and 399 respectively..

I get the 500$ from the 399 For the core system with the extras and a second controler and Dead and Alive 4 which all together comes to the 500$ tag I mentioned
Excel saga
Sure I can see getting all the perpherials at once, but sign up to gamefly and rent the game. If 500 dollars is a lot for you skip the game and the second controller until you can afford it..
ZeroInterrupt Wrote:Sure I can see getting all the perpherials at once, but sign up to gamefly and rent the game. If 500 dollars is a lot for you skip the game and the second controller until you can afford it..

Buy a brand new console and no games? WTF are you thinking?