360 costs
LOL... i guess that i have an issue with shelling out over 50 bucks for a game that I am unsure if it will suck. I always rent first and buy second.... Unless of course it is under 20 bucks..
ZeroInterrupt Wrote:LOL... i guess that i have an issue with shelling out over 50 bucks for a game that I am unsure if it will suck. I always rent first and buy second.... Unless of course it is under 20 bucks..

Well 50 will be a blessing to me. New games are supposed to rise to 60 bucks a pop for most tiles this coming console generation. That really pisses me off.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
50$ a game havent changed for new games for the longest time for new games. I still remember new games for the NES going for 50-56 dollars when they first came out years ago when NES was the thing. I don't like the starting price of the 360 but that is still less then what 3DO was at first and what Neo Geo went for also. My sticker shock comes from I guess because this is the first time since the original Sega Genesis that I am buying a system with the inital release. I normally always wait till the price drops before I buy. But in the 360's case I am being the little kid I cant wait. I hope to be playing DOA 4 online the first night it is out
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
NZ comes under the euro catagory so im gunna have to wait and see what it will set me back.It annoys the crap out of me that we get shafted so bad.Only unlike every other pal country australia and newzealand are always a few months behind in release.We dont expect to see it till next year.Easier to wait for ps3 and a probable price drop.
I wonder why they didnt throw the hdd in standard.People are going to be paying more for memory anyway.Surely they could have thrown that amount on the budget price and incl hdd.What are the mem cards anyway?
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
Yea it's like every other console that has come out... They seem to raise the price when ever the new consoles hit the shelves and about 6 months later start to taper down a little. I'll stick to gamefly at first and weed out all the crap you know is comming, and get the stuff that I like to dedicate time to playing. Cant wait for outlaw golf 3 tho....

OT..

Has anyone read if the platinum edition is going to be a media center PC or not?
OK... just checked my prices and for the few games I have listed they charge us 51 bucks/ 58 retail. But, I work for a technology provider not a game store, so game stores may get better prices than me. On a side note I should be able to get my 360 a day or two before anyone else...
Other then DOA 4 and maybe the FF online RPG coming out Halo 3 which is due later on and any of the outlaw series 360 will carry are the only titles that really will make me want to get them when they first come out right now. Once the older games drop in price the onces that will play on the 360 will interest me also
Excel saga
Why would the FF rpg change your mind? It's the same crap thats been out on ps2 and the pc for years. Releasing it on the 360 isn't gonna change the fact that it's a craptastic game.
Well if you havent noticed X-Box really hasent released much on the traditional RPG that people like so much, so I have a take it were you can get it to RPGs that will come out for the 360. If you havent been keeping up Sony and Sega were the two systems that always had the best RPGs with nintendo 3rd and Microsoft a distant 4th in the mix. Good graphics can only do so much if the game is not that good
Excel saga
one man's crap is another man's favorite... simmer down dude. Personally I hate any FPS on consoles, Halo especially (sp) but ask my brother or some of my friends and they think i'm nuts.. FF would very much interest me as long as it is not a MMORPG, but again I would rent it first to see how it plays (I'm not getting duped into buying for a name again i.e Resident Evil on the PS2 blew dead goats).
well hate to say it but i doubt the propietary format really cost more to manufactor for the discs.. But it sure as hell helped reduce pirating. which is smart by them.
I agree i personally hate FPS and includes Halo. what 1 person hates another likes..
Mantis421 Wrote:Well if you havent noticed X-Box really hasent released much on the traditional RPG that people like so much, so I have a take it were you can get it to RPGs that will come out for the 360. If you havent been keeping up Sony and Sega were the two systems that always had the best RPGs with nintendo 3rd and Microsoft a distant 4th in the mix. Good graphics can only do so much if the game is not that good

Do you realize that the online FF game is absolutely nothing like other FF games? Have you ever played online rpgs? Obviously not or you wouldn't be talking about sony and sega and their regular rpgs and such.

And FF XI is a crappy game. Sure some people find enjoyment from it, but it's mostly people who havn't ever played a decent online game like eq, eqii or wow... even lineage ii is better and I really don't like that game.
Schultz Wrote:I agree i personally hate FPS and includes Halo. what 1 person hates another likes..

That's different too. I should really only be getting a response like that if I said all mmorpgs suck.

Also, even if you don't like halo 2 you gotta admit it's a good game. FFXI isn't the same way, not many people really play it because it's a crappy game.
Schultz Wrote:well hate to say it but i doubt the propietary format really cost more to manufactor for the discs.. But it sure as hell helped reduce pirating. which is smart by them.

I knew what their intention was and it was very successful at that, but the discs are on 1.5 gigs, small as hell by today’s standards. And not even being able to play regular DVDs hurt it's image (I say image cause everyone now has a DVD player other than their gaming machine). So I suppose it isn’t the fact that the disc where proprietary, but that they had limited data handling capabilities over competition.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe