Big news
Toei just announced that Dragonball Z will be comming to DVD. On March 19 2003. The first box will contain episodes 1-147 all digitaly remastered. You know what that means for us. HK DVDs ! The next set which will contain episodes 148-291 will be released on my birthday September 18 2003. This is good news. Very good news for me anyway. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O Can you tell I am excited? 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Damn. Those are R2's. That means the subs will probably suck ass. Though I do enjoy some nice DBZ on DVD. Hopefully they just won't call Goku, Kwok Nam or Majin Buu, Ming Ying Yi. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

WORD DIZZLE!!!! :mrgreen:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
i'm just curious as to WHO would buy it? that's like 10000000 discs.... and probably $100000000
Rich Otaku? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I thought he originally meant Funimation was going to. That would have been better. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

the 2 sets will retail at 100,000 yen each... thats like 900 dollars each...

so for all episodes R2 u will need to spend 1800+tax+shipping+duty

no clue if R2s will have english subs

only thing to hope for is that HK companies rip em
I'm sure HK companies will rip them, it is the most popular anime in the world. It just might take a while. Lets hope for proper subs though.
Agreed. I might stick with the VCDs. Though I don't know if their fansubbed or subtitled from Japanese community TV.

Damn.. and i have most of the Majin buu saga on R1 funimation dvd's and now these might be coming out.. damn.. but at least i got stupid funimation subs where they Box art calls him Buu but the subs put him as Boo .. pretty fucked up when they can't even get that right isn't it?
100,000 yen is a pretty high price, but it is going to be digital quality. So that should be great. I guess it is coming with heaps of extra stuff as well. If I had a couple thousand dollars I would be all over it. You know we will get some hk's pretty quickly so we won't have to spend eight billion dollars. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
lol even if they're ripped they'll STILL be expensive :p
Beware of Boo. Actually I'd be aware of a pissed of Schultz who had to deal with Boo. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I hate funimation. I just thought that needed to be said. Buu is one of my favorite characters. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
I hate funimation .. and boo (as funimation puts it) is the most annoying char in the Dragonball Z series i think.. My god it just never ends with him... Blow him up.. comes back someone strong enough to fight him .. oo wow kicking his ass.. whoops he absorbed someone.. ok now they getting there ass kicked.. o whoops someone put earings on now they super strong.. Boo ass whipping time.. o wait they got absorbed.. aghhhh enough.. I think the Cell saga was my favorite saga out of them.. go Gohan!!!
I think my favorite part would have to be the time Gokuu fought with Ma junior. They nearly killed each other, and when Goku had his chance to finish him off he didn't. Even though Kami begged him to kill piccolo, Goku didn't. Just in case you don't know when that took place it was in the final episodes of Dragonball. I follow the manga more closely so to me it is all Dragonball and there is no Z. I like Mr. Buu because he is friendly. SPOILER I also like the end of Dragonball because Satan turns out to be a hero after all because without his help they all would have died. It is just sad funimation got the rights to this show so many people are going to see the show funimations way. It's just too bad. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Kakoi, have you ever heard of a comma? O.o Yes, I have a new Avatar as well ^_^
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]