news
I had posted about dirge of cerebrus when I made that e3 thread a while ago but now more news has been released.

The game is a ff7 side story shooter staring my fav vincent, it also has an online mode which is totally different from the storymode. Beta testing is starting August 1st.

And now what I think is righteous news and something that worried me terribly, nintendo has announced that the gamecube accessories will be compatible with the revolution....meaning what? Well that the $60 I spent on that righteous re4 chainsaw controller will work just fine with the revolution so no need to keep the cube once revolution is released. yeah.

Also the you will be able to use your gamecube memorycards when you play cube games, the system will be online out of the box, you will be able to connect up to a monitor as well as a tv, and what is very interesting to me that both the rev discs and the cube discs load into the system by slide insert drive like when you insert an atm card, most people rag on nintendo but I am starting to think that the revolution is going to be my focus next gen wise.
i will agree i think the Revolution will be my focus system too.. Since i have well more Gamecube games then any of the other systems and i just wanna play the old games on it too.. Though i did load up Super Mario Bros 1 & 3 the other day and beat them in like few hours.. but it is always enjoyable to do that.. can never get tired of dropping bowser through the brinks in SMB3.
Nintendo also announced that it is trying to keep the revolution cost under $200.
geo85 Wrote:Nintendo also announced that it is trying to keep the revolution cost under $200.
Yeah, this is the key reason I'm considering supporting the Revolution, becuase I can't have Nintendo dying off on me, they keep the prices down. Plus I can put up with Sony Fan Boys, & Nintendo fanboys only slightly bother me with dribblnig lines about Mario, but Xbox fanbois just annoy me, I'm in hopes that Nintendo will move up to second place of console lists.
I had to put up with hearing the new guy at our local game store telling some kid not to buy the next pos sony console, because 360 is going to be the best111!!1!!!!!!11111111oneoneoneone..
The b!tch was so biased & stupid sounding I was about to give him a piece of my mind; I kept saying I wanted to break his f***ing legs/face loud enough for him to hear, but he kept ignoring me -_-
I mean I could understand if he had chosen to mention Mistwalker working with the 360, but no all he could say was the graphics this the graphics that & Halo 3!!!11!1111! oh my god I'm gonna crap my pants...-_- Then he decided to bash the PSP..
Funny thing is my friend was in there the other day & this same guy was talking about not being able to wait till the next Kingdom Hearts game comes out..-_-

Anyways, back on topic somewhat..
Aren't there universal connectors to connect a PS2 controller into a gamecube? And if so will there be the same hardware for the PS2 to Revolution, or will the new controllers pose a problem to this?
I like very few games on the GC, but I refuse to use the controller on that thing, I mean atleast MS was smart enough to copy Sony's controller build.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
I have never heard of a converter like that and really doubt it exists. If it doen than I imagine it will work on the Rev. too but I strongly doubt it. There are converters to hookup your controller to a pc tho, maybe you mean those.

And I agree that the GC controller is the least attractive to play with out of the three but you get used to it very fast so its not that bad aslong as you don't play something that needs the c-stick for aiming.
Guess just since i play it more i perfer the GameCube controller to the PS2 and the Xbox because it fits my hand perfectly.. I mean the PS2 is too damn small and my hands feel like they are cramping up while trying to use em. and then the original xbox's were just godly too large and then the S controller fits about right i just hate were they placed those damn white and black buttons. Makes them impossible to use in a real game.
Thats what has me soo anxious to hear any new announcements from nintendo. They say that the thing that will make the revolution soo revolutionary is the controller, I think the ps2 is too small, the xbox s controller white and black buttons should be somewhere else and the triggers are annoying and the gamecube triggers are crap and the cstick is just strange, so I cant wait to hear what nintendo is doing with the rev controller.
All we know now is that it will be wireless.
There is a tech conference sometime this month in Japan so hopefully nintendo will make some more announcements.

On a side note, I enjoy games on all systems I really dont see why people take sides and say oh that sucks this is the best, ps2 has the rpg's, xbox has modding and a somewhat more powerful system, and the cube has the (just want to have fun) gamer games like zelda and mario and super smash bros and metroid.
There are converters called the joybox converters that allow you to hook up ps2 controllers to either your xbox or gamecube though they are hard to find in the us you can pick one up from the uk and have it shipped for about around $15 US. Just check gameessentials.co.uk for the converters.
The part I hate worst about the Gamecube controller is the Z button; I mean WTF is that? The C stick isn?t a big deal. It actual makes playing FPS on the Cube a lot easier than on the PS2 cause they sit on different planes when the Dual shock controller doesn?t. And the arrangement is a lot the X-Box controller, and people don?t complain about that. But Z is annoying cause if you ever have to use it you almost have to look at the damn controller to hit it right.

And that site has some cool shit Geo.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
I liked the fact that the c-stick had each angle covered which made it easy to use and somewhat helpful but I think they should have used something other than a little nub for the stick, something like a smaller analog stick. Also I hate the triggers on the cube controller, the spring click feeling made the controller feel like it was slapped together by a blind sweatshop worker in chinatown, it gave it a very cheap broken feeling.

Well I honestly think that the revolution controller is giong to have completly user designed button placement like you get to arrange it or something like that.
My friend uses his ps2 controller to play halo 2 sometimes. It's actually pretty cool cuz you can shoot with R1 and throw grenades with R2. It's actually pretty nice. I'd just be happy if I could remap melee to the left trigger on the xbox controller. I'd get so many more kills if I could melee while still being able to use the right analog to aim...
While on the topic of controllers, anyone with a cube that has $40 to spend a chainsaw

controller would be a good idea, it looks f***n righteous, each one has a unique blood

splatter design, also the d-pad is level with the surface not like the cube controller where

its sunk and hard to use, also once you get used to the layout (which would probaly only

take a day or so) the L, R, and Z buttons are all press buttons like the a and b buttons so

they have a better feel, the conroller is just easier to use and has a better feel. That is of

course if you don't mind the price tag, but aside from its great use it looks f***n awesome

has a cool stand to display it and the cord comes off and goes in the bottom of the base.

Attached Files
.jpg   gc-re4-chainsaw.jpg (Size: 30.36 KB / Downloads: 7)
That looks hard as hell to use...
At first it is awkward and takes getting used to but I cant go back to the normal cube controller because the z, button and the triggers are soo much better on the chainsaw. Some people said its too awkward but I prefer it, and it looks f***n awesome.

Note that the rock looking peice on the bottom is just the stand and is not part of the controller.
geo85 Wrote:At first it is awkward and takes getting used to but I cant go back to the normal cube controller because the z, button and the triggers are soo much better on the chainsaw. Some people said its too awkward but I prefer it, and it looks f***n awesome.

I'll belive you if you say so, but I can't even figure out how to hold it from the picture lol.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  News ver 1.5 geo85 17 9,772 08-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Batz Kage
  Good news for SNK Samurai fans! Prophet Hero 1 2,594 12-06-2003, 02:55 AM
Last Post: kakoi_sugoi_yama