News ver 1.5
As I nearly exactly predicted the 360 is 400 clams boys and girls, well there is the $300
version but who in their right mind except parents who know nada about games would buy

that version. So you get the basics: console, cables, wireless controller, faceplate, then

you get the 20g removeable HDD, an ethernet cable, HD av cables, wirless headset, and a

media center remote. Decent value, not too high considering what your getting. I am

probably going to wait for the ps3 release becasue M$ will probably lower the 360 cost to

around 300. But M$ did say that there will be several versions as if to say that models 2

and 3 will be significantly better than model 1, there they are on thin ice becasue that just

smells " hey guys we ripped out some funtionality to push it out by the holiday and you

need to wait to model 3 to get a good console.

Also nintendo pushed twilight princess back to April 2006 and even then thats not a

definite date, geez that sucks. Nintendo also is dropping the DS pricetag to $120 around

the release of nintendogs.
I'd guess version 1 is without a hd?

1) Not everyone uses a hard drive and
2) You can buy it and buy a better hard drive released or set up your own to use with it, in which case they'd be smarter than you. My friend has his own hd on his xbox and it's like 160 gigs. He has so much crap on it...
Just read more on this. You really don't get a whole lot for that $100. A 20gb hd sucks. I'd want at least a 60 gig... so that would be a waste of money for me right there.

You get a wireless controller instead of a wired. While nice it's also a pain because of batteries. Probably one of two things in the whole package I care about at all.

A headset. Whoopie. Already have one as does nearly everybody else that is gonna want one. The one in the picture doesn't even look as nice as the standard live one either...

Xbox live silver membership. Nearly useless. I havn't seen anything so i'd assume I can still use my regular xbox live membership for 360 games.

A HD-AV cable. I personally have no use for this.

A remote. This is about the only thing that's gonna make me wanna consider getting the expensive version.

Anyways, sounds like a waste of $100 to me.

What I really wanna know that I havn't seen an answer to is will I be able to use my xbox controllers with the 360. I'd assume so, but who knows. That's one thing that sucks about new consoles sometimes is having to get a ton of controllers.
Well they can easily use the old ones if they offer a Coverter cord as they just use USB to communcate with the Xbox.. you can cut the cables and with a driver made use them on your computers..

Also 20g harddrive for storing music and save games is large enough. they won't allow you to copy games to the HD. unlike your friend that has his modded to allow it. Also you probably won't be able to put any harddrive you want with it as they will have something to prevent it.
The hard drive is removeable and I am sure M$ is doing all it can to prevent people from using a different hdd, you also are going to need a hard drive to play any original xbox games on the 360. I meant a decent value as compared to the cost M$ wil charge for those items seperatly. I also said I will wait for model 3 or at least till the ps3 release.

I honestly dont find much reason to pick one up till then.
M$ always has things so you can't do certain things with their stuff. People ALWAYS find ways around it. Wink
Cidien Wrote:M$ always has things so you can't do certain things with their stuff. People ALWAYS find ways around it. Wink
Yes, like when they updated their msn update to catch people with pirated copies of Xp Pro & 15 minutes later there was a new patch or whatever out that stop the pirated copies from being detected. -_- They'll never learn.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Really? I thought that was a voluntary check.
Cidien Wrote:Really? I thought that was a voluntary check.
it is, when you chose to run the auto up-date on their site, or atleast the best I can remember.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

Ive never understood this whole pricing thing.A little OT but why must these companies stick to a price over 10 years old.Hasnt anyone heard of inflation.If people only want to pay 300 at launch every 5 years expect to get less each time.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
it used to be. but they are forceing the check if you are to use Windows Update to update your system. (though auto update still works for critical) and i wouldn't call it a patch all you had to do was go to the page put this in the url bar (note not exact but you get the idea)
javascript:genuen_check=0;
basically there was a javascript variable that you could manually set via the url bar and it would disable it.
geo85 Wrote:Also nintendo pushed twilight princess back to April 2006 and even then thats not a definite date, geez that sucks.

AH F***!:mad: Those SOB's. I really wanted to play that over Christmas break too. It is the only game that I have even had strong interest on the home console front lately, except for SqEn's projects (FFXII, Kingdom Hearts 2). Man that sucks ballsSad

On a side note, anyone else here exited about Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (for the DS)? It is the main selling point of the system for me. It’s cool that the system has dropped 20 bucks too, now that I plan on buying it. The Castlevania games for the GBA have all been in my top 10 for the past 2 years of how much pure fun I had while playing them, and this one sounds even cooler with the multiplayer, enhanced graphics and animations and touch screen usage for puzzles and such.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
I second that, castlevainia and nintendogs and phoinex wright ace lawyer are some of the games that have me wanting a ds, when nintendogs comes out I will pick one up.

And the reason they are pushing LOZ back is to add more levels and tweak graphics and gameplay, isnt that they have been doing this whole time anyway? I am sure a whole mess of people are furious over this but wait we must.

Also I watched a game makers show on g4 the other day and americas army is looking mighty nice, the xbox version anyway. Has anyone played any of the americas army games, they seem like they are really good. The whole rising through the ranks and gun recoil and evreything else looks like a refreshing new approach to military shooters that we desperatly needed, especially with ea mucking up ww2 over and over, and rainbow six getting played out.
Blight Wrote:On a side note, anyone else here exited about Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (for the DS)? It is the main selling point of the system for me. It?s cool that the system has dropped 20 bucks too, now that I plan on buying it. The Castlevania games for the GBA have all been in my top 10 for the past 2 years of how much pure fun I had while playing them, and this one sounds even cooler with the multiplayer, enhanced graphics and animations and touch screen usage for puzzles and such.
I'm not into handhelds, but I have the next PS2 Castlevania reserved if that fits the subject. I love 2-D games, but eh without a handheld the likely hood of playing another one is slim to none.

Batz Kage Wrote:I'm not into handhelds, but I have the next PS2 Castlevania reserved if that fits the subject. I love 2-D games, but eh without a handheld the likely hood of playing another one is slim to none.

If you don't have the GBA games emulated, I suggest that to you. They are all like SOTN for PS1. Some of the best games in the last five years seriously.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe