WOOT MI at it again! New EDubbed Product...!!!
I got my MI Wolf's Rain. I know a lot of you are interested in it, so I thought I would give a quick word on how good it is so far. I will get a real review posted in a day or two.

---Video Quality is not perfect, unfortunately. There are 7 eps on the first disk encoded in vbr, and you start the show you will quickly notice the problems. That is not to say the video quality is awful. In the first sceene there is an unusually high amount of motion on the screen. There is a snow storm and a lot of auction going on. It is here you will get your first glimpses at the macroblocking and pixilation. One of the big problems is it seems the deinterlacing was not quite successful. There are some ghost frames and interlaced frames that occassionaly show up, and it is usually these that cause the most distortion (see image 2).

Luckly after that, the pixilation has been very minor and macroblocking rare. Most of the show so far has not been as visually complex as the opening sceen, so it has been a lot less noticable. Usually the picture is quite clean and beautiful. I have only watched the first few eps so far, so we shall have to wait and see if this is a continual problem throughout the set.

DVD 1 is not quite filled to the maximum, weighing in at 7.9 out of the possible 8.5 gigs. Come on guys, why didn't you take advantage of that extra 500 megs!?

Still, not as bad as Saiyuki or Project Arms if you are looking for something to compare it to.

---Sound is in English 2, English 5.1, Japanese 2 (I would have prefered the sacrifice of 5.0 if it ment a better video quality, as it does not downgrade well with my 4.1 system, but oh well)

---Subtitles appear to be perfect. No dubtitles included (who cares). And once again, they are grey. Apparently MI hates the color yellow.

---Box is awesomely designed. However we are once again, as allways, cursed by mother#@$@&^% M-Locks. I think it is time to try out these replacements.

Real review coming in a few days. If you got any questions till then, feel free to ask.

Attached Files
.jpg   wolf1.jpg (Size: 90.85 KB / Downloads: 19)
.jpg   wolf2.jpg (Size: 85.13 KB / Downloads: 18)
.jpg   wolf3.jpg (Size: 102.99 KB / Downloads: 9)
[Image: kitty.gif]
kcpacman Wrote:Just got my MI copies of WOLF'S RAIN / TEXHNOLYZE / & ZETA GUNDAM and it looks like all of the extras are included in WOLF'S RAIN & TEXHNOLYZE but none in Z GUNDAM. I got about 10 shows I'm watching right now so it''ll take me a while to watch em

I have the R1's. There are no Z Gundam extras. At all.
bmvtoys Wrote:the gungrave perfect wasnt complete ... guess they assumed genon (however its spelled) wasnt gonna finish it.. b

looks like we are still waiting on this Gungrave set,

all the sets i can find online currently say 1-20, but it has 26 episodes. Sad
Thats because they still have to release disk 4. They were too busy releasing 12 kingdoms, Z gundam, etc..believe me, its being released. B
12 kingdoms is difficult to find...almost noone has it for sale :confused:
I had 40 of them in my store and now sold out. Gonna do a reorder next week if anyone needs it. B