Forums upgraded
Try doing a hard refresh.. Your work might have a proxy server which has cashed old js files and are not getting the updated ones.. As they all work here.. :confused: :o :eek: Sad :mad: Smile Rolleyes Cool :p Big Grin
Schultz Wrote:Try doing a hard refresh.. Your work might have a proxy server which has cashed old js files and are not getting the updated ones.. As they all work here.. :confused: :o :eek: Sad :mad: Smile Rolleyes Cool :p Big Grin
Will we ever get the evil smilely back?
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Nope i am lazy. btw are you talking about :mrgreen: or what other smiley?
Schultz Wrote:Nope i am lazy. btw are you talking about :mrgreen: or what other smiley?
no mrgreen was aka the pimp smiley.
I'm talking about :twisted:
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Ok, I've tried this a couple of times, so does anybody else have trouble with the Avatar url in their Control Panel? I guess I should say I haven't been able to change my Avatar since the board was upgraded....(because obviously I have an Avatar working...laugh) I list a url and it comes up with an invalid url message... I've tried replacing the ~ (tilde) with %7E that Netscape uses and still no luck... I was wondering if it only accepts the www. because my url doesn't have that.....and yes, I know I can upload the Avatar from my computer, but it doesn't let me do that because it is animated.... so I'd really prefer to just link to my Avatar.
Attach the image to this thread and i will do some testing on it..
Schultz Wrote:Attach the image to this thread and i will do some testing on it..

laugh.. which one do you want? I have 9 of them... let me go do one...

http://home.insightbb.com/~dragons-tamer/sig1a.gif

That was with a url link... if you need to test further, just change the number on the sig from 1-9 and don't forget the a since those are the avatars... whereas just sig1.gif is my signature files...

I would say it is because it's larger than a normal avatar, (pixal size is 75 x 75) but since I'm linking to it, the size/animation shouldn't be a problem... but then what do I know... but I do know that the forum will support them because my current avatar is working (sig9a.gif). I just can't seem to get it changed...laugh...
I have submitted this Bug report to vBulletin who make the forum software. it doesn't matter if there is a ~ or not in the url as i can't use this url http://schultz.kattare.com/kenshin2.gif
Amethyst Wrote:laugh.. which one do you want? I have 9 of them... let me go do one...

http://home.insightbb.com/~dragons-tamer/sig1a.gif

That was with a url link... if you need to test further, just change the number on the sig from 1-9 and don't forget the a since those are the avatars... whereas just sig1.gif is my signature files...

I would say it is because it's larger than a normal avatar, (pixal size is 75 x 75) but since I'm linking to it, the size/animation shouldn't be a problem... but then what do I know... but I do know that the forum will support them because my current avatar is working (sig9a.gif). I just can't seem to get it changed...laugh...
Please try and change your Avatar's now with url's. I just upgraded forums from Beta 4 to Release Canadate 2 and it works as far as i can tell.
Schultz Wrote:Please try and change your Avatar's now with url's. I just upgraded forums from Beta 4 to Release Canadate 2 and it works as far as i can tell.

laugh.. it says I may not upload animated images.... oh well... guess I'm stuck with what I got, or I need to make some that aren't animated... but I guess that is progress... cause it seems to be working...
that might be a usergroup setting i will see if i can turn it off.. as an admin i can use animated gif's..
Schultz Wrote:that might be a usergroup setting i will see if i can turn it off.. as an admin i can use animated gif's..
ok try it now.. Users should be able to use animated gif's in there cp.. though i might change this to using a promotion system so users can do that after they have posted so much etc. etc.
Schultz Wrote:ok try it now.. Users should be able to use animated gif's in there cp.. though i might change this to using a promotion system so users can do that after they have posted so much etc. etc.

Alright!! It worked! Thanks so much!! I can change my avatars and sigs now!! Woo Hoo!!
Schultz Wrote:Please try and change your Avatar's now with url's. I just upgraded forums from Beta 4 to Release Canadate 2 and it works as far as i can tell.

I also can use the smillie shortcuts again at work. I didn't do anything so it must be the upgrade.
elcoholic Wrote:I also can use the smillie shortcuts again at work. I didn't do anything so it must be the upgrade.
well glad to hear that fixed your problem also..