x-men 3 DOA
So, has the ear melting, soul crushing news reached everyone yet. What ever do you

mean say you, oh just the end of the x-men franchise say I. Brent Ratner(Gee how you

totally killed rush hour) as the director and the screenwriter from Elektra(why even

bother) and xxxstate of the union(dont waste my time) all on board for xmen 3 or as I

have dubed it X-men 3 They all catch aids!!! Come on, if Brian Singer and David Hayter

are too busy with superman and what not then wait until they are free. I would rather

have to wait another couple of years for another awesome xmen movie then get a really

S***Y one next year. Havent any of these guys learnt their lesson considering they were

all mostly responsible for horrible horrible s**t fests!!!

What does everyone else think??
And if ant one would like to see the crew and what they have done just go to imdb.com and look up x-men 3. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
So what if x-men 3 will stick to the comic books and involve the phoienx saga and lots o new characters, none of that matters when the people making the movie destroy it.
I'm n real big fan of X-Men movies, I mean they're good-decent films, but I beleive that hollywood needs to come up with something new rather than try to up-date everything with a newer film adaptation.

And that's the way it goes isn't, the sh!tty directors always get stabs at a good movie even though they have no skill.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Well then I guess Bishop not being in X-Men 3 is a good thing then. Although I would love to see an X-men movie with him in it I definitely would not want his character ruined. Anyway Thats all I have to say for now.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
geo85 Wrote:Brent Ratner(Gee how you totally killed rush hour)

How exactly did he do that? Rush Hour was great...

p.s. It's Brett not Brent
Who cares what his name is Rush hour was the reason I stopped watching Jackie Chan, just what was good about it, lets see slow boring fights check, bland overused story check, bland comedy check, Jackie(stop already Chan) check mediocre all the way. Just explain how Mr after the sunset is qualified for xmen 3.
In my opinion Brian singer is really the only director who can make an x men movie.
geo85 Wrote:bland overused story check.

What like super heros fighting villains?

Anyway directors do get better with each film... Give it a chance you never know.
Some directors do get better with practice if you want to call it that, people like James Cameron, Roland Emerick who got better and better with each film. But Brent seems more bent on making what he thinks is good and hasent payed much attention to what fans and critics have liked and disliked. Thats OK if you make sundance films because people want artistic things that the director or writer likes. Hollywood though has to be more mass appeal type stuff.
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Mantis421 Wrote:Some directors do get better with practice if you want to call it that, people like James Cameron, Roland Emerick who got better and better with each film. But Brent seems more bent on making what he thinks is good and hasent payed much attention to what fans and critics have liked and disliked. Thats OK if you make sundance films because people want artistic things that the director or writer likes. Hollywood though has to be more mass appeal type stuff.
I whole hearted second that.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

geo85 Wrote:Who cares what his name is Rush hour was the reason I stopped watching Jackie Chan, just what was good about it, lets see slow boring fights check, bland overused story check, bland comedy check, Jackie(stop already Chan) check mediocre all the way. Just explain how Mr after the sunset is qualified for xmen 3.
In my opinion Brian singer is really the only director who can make an x men movie.

1) America disagrees with you about Rush Hour. It did very well and rightly so. That movie rocks. Brett - 1 Geo - 0 (He wins cuz he made millions and a great movie and you seem to be alone with the whole Rush Hour sucks thing)
2) Only Brian Singer can direct an xmen movie huh? My, what an extremely narrow minded person we are.
First of all the phoienx saga is not bland, second of all star wars episode 1 and 2 made tons but you all seem to hate them. Brian singer was staying faithful to the characters and story and making movies that would please the comic fans and audiences. Cameron was great from the start he just had no rep or budget, but that quickly changed after he made terminator and Alien, Ratner is simply not qualified.
Cidien Wrote:1) America disagrees with you about Rush Hour. It did very well and rightly so. That movie rocks. Brett - 1 Geo - 0 (He wins cuz he made millions and a great movie and you seem to be alone with the whole Rush Hour sucks thing)
2) Only Brian Singer can direct an xmen movie huh? My, what an extremely narrow minded person we are.
Ok, you're wrong there. I love Jackie, but I've tried to watch Rush Hour atleast 3 times, & to be quite frank it sucks.

geo85 Wrote:star wars episode 1 and 2 made tons but you all seem to hate them
That's true, people always rave on about Star WArs & then tell you to ignore the first & second movies & say they were mainly filler, well what kind of audience puts up so much money to see a bunch of filler bs, most of them after having seen them in the theatre ran out & bought the dvd the first day it was out. Hell half the fans said Lukas got lucky on the first wars & all, & completely sucked as a director, but they spend 30+ dollars everytime a remastered set of the dvds come out..?WTF?

It's kinda like with Van Helsing, that movie sucked balls, & I really didn't like the way they tried to make money off of the character Van Helsing (less they meant the second Helsing, cause the one from Dracula was a bumbling Dr.); they totally re-did his character & tried to market him.

Batz Kage Wrote:Ok, you're wrong there. I love Jackie, but I've tried to watch Rush Hour atleast 3 times, & to be quite frank it sucks.

Compared to what? First Strike? Mr. Nice Guy? Who Am I?(ha ha)!!! Rush Hour is obviously one of his best films set in the west(the Shanghai films are close and Rumble in the Bronx is cool but cheesy).

p.s. I do actually like the above films but can acept that they are pretty cheesy.
look u cant say what a direct may or may not due, honestly when they said sam saimi for spiderman where u like oh this guy can do it, no u were like oh the evil dead guy? i dont know and he did it perfectly. i dont honestly think that fox and marvel is going to let xmen go the way of the batman franchise, (go see batman begins it awesome) i do have hope, esecially since they have casted kelsey grammer as beast, and vinnie jones as juggernaut which is perfect casting, so only time will tell on this one, but i think the they will do a good job, especially now that dc has finally stepped up and is giving marvel a run for its money in the movie market, marvel can no longer just make a movie for making a movie sake, theres competition in the air
I liked the Rush Hour films, I thought they were good, and this is comming from someone who has pretty much seen every Jackie Chan movie there is, as well as hundreds of other kung fu stuff. Much better than his other western stuff, Shanghai Noon was good too, but Knights was utter crap.

Anyway, from what I hear there are some good things comming from the new X-men film so I say give it a chance before making up your mind, I mean its not like its the terrible Silent Hill movie where you can already tell that its crap before seeing it. So I'm going to give it a chance.

As for David Hayter, last I checked he was writing, or has already written the script for Iron Man, which was slightly reworked then. So I'm not sure what he is doing.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan