x-men 3 DOA
First of all rush hour was hollywood, supercop and who am I where made through golden harvest=China, His american movies pale to his movies made in China mainly because he did most of the stuff like stunt coordination screenplay and so on when he made the movies in china, and so what if they are cheesy that is Jackies style you dont need tons of violence and blood just great fights. I havent given up but I am just very skeptical of how rathead will deal with the most important saga in the xmen world besides logans mutant x origins.
And please I have seen a lot of his old hong kong flicks like the snake and crane arts of shaolin and dragon fist and those are from the late 70's and I love watching them now over ever watching rush hour, project a, project a 2, operation condor 1 and 2, twin dragons these are all Chinese made Jackie movies that totally cruch slow hour, Cheesy comedy but awesome stunts and fights are his style and that dissapeared when he came to hollywood.
kanedaestes Wrote:look u cant say what a direct may or may not due, honestly when they said sam saimi for spiderman where u like oh this guy can do it, no u were like oh the evil dead guy? i dont know and he did it perfectly. i dont honestly think that fox and marvel is going to let xmen go the way of the batman franchise, (go see batman begins it awesome) i do have hope, esecially since they have casted kelsey grammer as beast, and vinnie jones as juggernaut which is perfect casting, so only time will tell on this one, but i think the they will do a good job, especially now that dc has finally stepped up and is giving marvel a run for its money in the movie market, marvel can no longer just make a movie for making a movie sake, theres competition in the air
Sam Raimi; & I was confident he could do it, actually I thought the movie was going to suck like most other hollywood reprocessed trash does, till I found out he was the director. He can't do more than just horror & comedy. As for spiderman, the movies are well done, but I'm no fan of Spiderman.

And the extra cool thing about Sam doing Spiderman was getting to see Bruce in it Big Grin

edit: Er, but Sam is a biased case, do you know how many movies that man's done?? He's had some practice.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
geo85 Wrote:His american movies pale to his movies made in China mainly because he did most of the stuff like stunt coordination screenplay and so on when he made the movies in china.

Hmmm Jackie Chan WAS stunt coordinator on Rush Hour as he is in most of his films... If you watch the extras you even see he uses his same team he uses on most of his other HK films(HK not China)...
Yeah but in a lot of his HK movies he did the screenplay and some directing and had a say in everthing else as well, I think he should just so stunt coordinating and stop acting unless it is a HK movie.

As for sam raimi I like his evil dead movies and his style but I had major doubts about spiderman till I saw it, oh and I almost fainted with joy when I saw spiderman 2 in the theaters and the evil deadish operating room scene came on, classic Raimi, I am happy they let that in, and of course his brother is always in his films.

Look if any of you could select the director for xmen 3 are you telling me you would select Brett ratner, seriously would and of you pick him, why not kurt wimmer once he is done with ultra violet, or Paul anderson
geo85 Wrote:Yeah but in a lot of his HK movies he did the screenplay and some directing and had a say in everthing else as well, I think he should just so stunt coordinating and stop acting unless it is a HK movie.

This certainly isn't the first time i'm glad things relating to the cinema are not up to you.
Despite all the stuff going around about directors..NEVER...EVER!!! mention Paul Anderson, he has to be the worst director in Hollywood, especially when working from someone elses material eg: games, comics, books etc...

He destroys everything he touches, this guy has the anti-midas touch, everything he touches turns to shit. Seriously, the guy says "I'm going to make a Resident Evil film...but I have only ever played Nemesis...and I never even finished it, then I just took a 5 min spin on Resident Evil 1 and then I wrote my own script totally ignoring ALL story from the source material and I made up my own characters too, man I am so great, that I can improve on these things so much by ignoring everything that they are about!"

He is a total dumbass and it will be a great day for the movie industry when he dies and stops pissing all over great IPs. He is the bane of all good movies and the sooner he never gets another script the better for us all. Have you SEEN AvP??? or Resident Evil????

His only halfway decent film was Event Horizon, and thats only because it was not based on something else that he could fuck up.

Sorry, thats the end of my Paul Anderson rant and why he should never be allowed to direct ANY films ever again.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
There was nothing wrong with mortal kombat at all, and honestly if the resident evil movie was exactly like the game what would be the point in making it, eveyone would know exactly what is going to happen, he took what was most important in the resident evil world and expanded. Anyway does any one else have a suggestion on who the director could or should be?
Elaborate on how he missed evrything resident evil was about
umbrella-check
bio weapons-check
zombies-check
lickers-check
secret underground facility-check
Mortal kombat followed everthing the game was about exactly and the casting could not have been better, and come on have you seen the first two predator movies they are completly bland, while avp might not be superb I like it better than predator 1, 2 and alien 3 and 4.
Lets not forget that good directors can mess stuff up. Look at The Ring Two (usa version). That was directed by Hideo Nakata the guy who did the first Japanese one which is good. The second US version is AWFUL. Sometimes going back to the same things don't always work out, Gore Verbinski did a better job than Nakata although people would probably of chose him over Gore Verbinski to do a better job...
There isn't really a preset that a director will always make great movies just because he made a few good ones, I just don't like Ratners style, I don't think his style will compliment a comic book movie, this being the third if he doesn't get the movie to work as well as Singer did it will totally kill the franchise, before he signed on to this he was about to make rush hour four but that fell through no I am not lying would any of you want to see a fourth rush hour, its like he take whatever he can get and works halfa**ed on eveything. I just think they should wait and try to sign a better director. I still think Singer should do it.
I'd like to see a Rush Hour 3 before they make a 4. But that's just me.

And yes I would like to see a third. I love the Rush hour movies. Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker go very well together. Note before you say "would anyone blah blah blah" next time you should check previous comments to see if 1) anyone agreed with you last time and 2) if anyone or most people disagreed with you.
Cidien Wrote:And yes I would like to see a third. I love the Rush hour movies. Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker go very well together. Note before you say "would anyone blah blah blah" next time you should check previous comments to see if 1) anyone agreed with you last time and 2) if anyone or most people disagreed with you.
Another Rush Hour movie would be like another Die Hard movie; Same Sh!t, Different Day. Which I can't say I disagree with your opinion, because as you said you like the way the actors work together. I personally scold my sister when she watches a moive because she thinks the actor is cute, but I will admit, there's been one or two movies that I'll sit through any day of the week just because I like the actor (such as anything with Bruce Campbell in it Smile).
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Ciden everyone has their own opinion but you are the only one who seems to try to turn this thread into an argument. Not everyone here agrees with me but you are the only one whining like brett ratners your father or something and god decreed that rush hour is the best, unless you have something to add to this post like a suggestion on another director stop posting. And ratner was trying to shoot rush hour three and four back to back, rush hour three is considered in production right now.
Oooh Rush Hour 3 and four. Cool I can't wait.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
All I have to say to the people that doubt Ratner because he did the Rush Hour movies is;
I remember Peter Jackson doing a little movie called Meet The Feebles, and look what he did with The Lord of the Rings!
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
you can totally tell how a movie is going to be 90 percent of the time if they director sucks or the actors suck. Lets take a look at steve martin. if he is in a movie almost always it will be a comedy the movie will have a lot of the same kind of humor and he plays a certain character this is the same for adam sandler in the fact that his character is a lot alike in most all his movies save for spanglish and punch drunk love. Most of the time a director will stay true to his previous ability it is pretty rare to see someone who makes a really crappy zombie movie all of a sudden make a serious romance or something and make it amazing. I hope it turns out good but im holding my breath

Just remember if you go to see xmen 3 in theaters and it does suck horribly bad then go buy a few comics and read those. The nice thing is that there are other sources for xmen. So it could be worst.

Also i heard there will be no phoenix saga and all that and in fact it will be taken off of a completey different place and he will not continue the phoenix saga i saw that in an interview but i dont know if it was set in stone but yeah.....

i just dont understand one thing

Geo how can you like avp and mortal combat but not like rush hour???

OMG those movies are horrible. OK avp had good action but the story had so many flaws was incredibly bland and i kid you not me and my friend were considering never spending money on a theater again we woulda been cool with it if there was just action cus everything but the raw action was awful.

but then again AVP looks like citizen Kane when it comes to mortal combat oh God how can you like that i cant understand.

Although let me ask you when was the last time you watch it cus i watched it like a month ago and was like i used to like this wtf seriously it was so bad it was like tremors 3 bad. if not worst. except while tremors 3 is meant to be cheesy and bad mortal combat isnt. Mortal combat looks like it was put togeter by a couple of 6th graders who played the game to much it was ridicolous.

im not putting you down or anything cus i think you made some really good points i just cant see how you like those movies. I honestly cant think of anything good about mortal combat 1 i mean even the music was pretty awful....
Cyrus