7 Samurai
not to be agruementative but seven samurai(jap version) was made first 1954 , The Magnificent Seven(us version) was filmed in 1960. someone told me once that seven samurai "Shichinin no samurai" means Magnificent Seven in english
Zagatto Wrote:Star Wars is based on Hidden Fortress.
It's funny seeing this thread after having watched Rashomon last night. I've seen a number of Kurosawa's classics and have enjoyed all of them a lot.
Something that's fun to do for a long evening is to watch Seven Samurai followed by The Magnificen Seven followed by Battle at the End of the Universe followed by Bug's Life. All four movies use essentially the same story line with The Magnificent Seven being the original.

If you enjoy Kurosawa's movies I also recommend checking out some of the Zatoichi movies that were made. They aren't as good as the Kurosawa flicks but still enjoyable.
I'd been told that about Star Wars, but my friend who told me that couldn't remember the name of the movie & another of our friends said that was BS; that some guy was jealous of George Lukas' greatness & made up that rumor..

As for Zatoichi, did they release a color remake or sequal in like 98?
I've seen 1 & 1/2 or two & 1/2 of them. My only complaint is that the fights are always;
three people rush in....they die.
three people rush in....they die.
repeat till al enemies are dead.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
the last two zatoichi films were 89 and 03.

i own all but three of the zatoichi films, i love them but i do agree that the fights scene are really predictable
Just to clear this up if you read my earlier posts you will see I stated that the magnificent seven is a copy of seven samurai and A fist full of dollars is a copy of yojimbo, these are well known facts.
Did anyone see the original battlestar galactica I used to watch reruns when I was little, the xwing ships in star wars look an awful lot like the fighters in battlestar galactica. And just for the record I think the newer remake of battlestar is a disgrace.
cyberloach Wrote:not to be agruementative but seven samurai(jap version) was made first 1954 , The Magnificent Seven(us version) was filmed in 1960. someone told me once that seven samurai "Shichinin no samurai" means Magnificent Seven in english

I doubt very much that translates to magnificent seven. Dunno how you can get samurai to mean anything close to magnificent or seven lol.
geo85 Wrote:Did anyone see the original battlestar galactica I used to watch reruns when I was little, the xwing ships in star wars look an awful lot like the fighters in battlestar galactica. And just for the record I think the newer remake of battlestar is a disgrace.
That's what my dad said. He watched it when he was younger & he said the re-make is retarded. Just from watching the commercials he was bitching.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

I was born nearly a decade after the original aired yet I still loved them even with its cheesy ways. The new one is pointless, they destroyed all that was great about the original. STOP remaking stuff!!!!!!! Oh and that whole Cylons look just like humans thing defeats the whole point of the cylons hating humans, we are inferior they are superior hence whipe out the inferior ones, so a cylon would not stoop to a disgusting inferior level of impersinating a human.
geo85 Wrote:STOP remaking stuff!!!!!!!
hehe, I just said something to that effect of your X-Men Thread :p

Well there is a difference there I dont mind another xmen movie if its good, however I dont want to see a buck rogers remake, xmen is a continuation not really a remake.