Manga suggestions?
Lone Wolf and Cub is good on the crapper. A serious win for manga. You can use it in the bathroom. Though now that I have a lap top I can watch DVDs in there. :mrgreen:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Don't fry your boys those Laptops can get pretty hot. Big Grin 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
I collect manga, lol, and I have ALOT IT, so here are some suggestions :

Love hina
Gestalt
kenshin
ANYTHING by Clamp (except that drug one.. that sucks.)
Pretear
CyberTeam in Akihabara
Miyu (the new series)
Inu Yasha
Tokyo mew mew
Full moon wo sagashite
Marmalade boy
Angel Dust
evangelion
Slayers, slayers special, and slayers preimum
Tenchi Muyo and pretty sammy
Ah! My Goddess
Sakura Taisen ( YES THERE IS A MANGA!!! serialized in Magazine Z monthly! wooo huuu!!!! I can't wait till it comes out in tankuban form)

That's about what I can think of off the top of my head.. I'd have to go looking thru my collection ...... lol but, yea, I know most of these are shojo and stuff, but that's because I perfer it.. I'm a girl. ^.^
Hey I think I have found my resident source
for shojo Manga, thanks for the great advice

What do you think of slayer preimum

Good, great, or other and who is the major cast
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Nothing like some Shoujo early in the moning. Ahhhhh *breathes deep* :mrgreen:

Is the Sakura Taisen manga done by "Kosuke Fujishima". If it is I want it and want it now. 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
What does that translate out to?

Hey!! That Eva manga is like Cowboy Bebop...it's based off the ANIME!! That's right, They were both Anime BEFORE they were manga. And I know for a fact a LOT of important stuff was switched around and placed in spots it shouldn't be in the Eva Manga that happened differently than in the Anime. So if you want the real deal on Eva and Bebop, watch the show first!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
You guys (and gals) have been great help . Gonna start getting Ranma, Akira and One Piece (bookstore will order the earlier volumes but it might take a month to get it Cry ) Looking for but can't seem to find Golden Boy and Maison Ikkoku. Already collecting Kenshin, Gunnm and Love Hina . I was thinking of picking up NGE, but now that I found out if was made after the series I see no point of getting it. Problably gonna get Cowboy Bebop since its only 3 volumes long.

BTW, I was looking at the prices on manga at AnimeNation and you guys are getting ripped off by the publishers with the exception of TokyoPOP (around 10$US per volume - my hat goes off to them, I will only support them in the future). 16$US per volume is ridicilous for DOMESTIC books. I am buying manga IMPORTED from france for 7-8$US per volume and there is more selection and they release volumes faster. I am currently buying a hard cover, fully illustrated, printed on glossy paper version of Akira for less than 15$US for each volume and the english black and white version retails for 25$US, albeit the french version is 14 volumes long while the english only 6 but the same 6 volume set of Akira in french sells for 12$US. If french companies can buy the rights to these titles and translate them and sell them for decent prices there is no reason why North American companies can't do the same. Once again the North American companies are seriously screwing us up the ass.
Great you are able to get One Piece from the start. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin When you get it you'll have to tell me if you like it. America sucks. I get my manga for about 6 bucks from japan. I am currently tracking down Dr. Slump in japanese. It is going to take a long time for them to get it because of how old it is but it is worth the wait. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
I cannot belief buying imported manga (not bootlegs too, unlike HKDVDs)cost half the price of buying domestic manga. That is just plain wrong.

The cheaper the stuff, the more money I spend on anime/manga.
America knows it can make a killing off american fans. They won't make any money from me anymore. I mean manga for $16.95? Damn. 8O 8O 8O
Their just taking advantage of our great passion for anime/manga. Luckily for the both of us we have alternatives - import books and HKDVDs. I feel sorry for the people who have to pay those ridiculious prices to get their anime/manga fix.
I try to spread the word and help all those interested in anime. Because it is ridiculous that I was spending so much. It makes me sick. Very sick. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
I'm only gonna spend my money on fair deals like TokyoPOP manga (10$US a volume) and some R1's (just bought Macross Plus the movie and princess mononoke for 15$US each).

Living in Canada is worst, our dollar is weak compared to the US dollar. Most DVDs are about 45-50$ CDN and there is a 15% sales tax. That a full day's work for me and I aint spending it on 3 episodes when I can get a whole series for the same price.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manga Suggestions Batz Kage 15 5,378 06-07-2003, 11:38 AM
Last Post: matthewmalay