Favorite comedy of all time.
Gemini Wrote:who's line is it anyways.... love it..... that was a good clip, very funny.
That was a good episode, I really also loved the one where Robin Williams was on there, the other guys couldn't keep up! Oh and of course the one where Wayne Brady lifted up that girls skirt was hilarious as well.... Big Grin
[Image: tsukiko1.jpg]
Tsukiko Wrote:Love watching Whose Line....can't wait to see HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy and absolutely love Monty Python and the Holy Grail....My brother got me into it and what can I say I had to buy him the t-shirt, the bunny with nasty sharp pointy teeth and the dismemberable "Invincible" Black Knight....gotta love the interesting stuff...."Now go away or I shall taunt to you a second time!"......I still love the witch scene....she should weigh as much as a duck....hmmm....interesting theory :p

Well shoot, you already said all the Who's Line is It Anyway stuff I was gonna say!! Oh, and if I recall, I bought him the shirt... or was it the Knight? Anyway... I bought him some of that stuff!! laugh...

Ok.. funny... on topic... hmmmm.... I have to say the first episode of Haunted Junction had me laughing the entire time!! And I really didn't think it was going to be a comedy!!

As for Monty Python... I agree with you Zagatto, although I didn't find it all that funny to begin with... but then I'm not into the stuff like the comedy spoofs... (Airplane, Police Academy, Scary Movie etc.) I watch them, but they just don't seem to be all that funny, some parts are cute though... and I really didn't like Kung Pow at all! It just seemed silly instead of funny... I'd like to see that Kung Fu Hustle, but I'm afraid it will end up being like Kung Pow... ugh.. And I'm not into the slapstick kind of humor like the 3 Stooges, although Abbot & Costello's Who's on First is rather cute.. as I'm wracking my brain trying to think of a comedy movie I've actually enjoyed... Young Frankenstein was fun... oh, and I did enjoy Vampire in Brooklyn... oh heavens, I need to move into the present... ok... I know... Jackie Chan's stuff... Rush Hour and especially Shanghai Noon and Knights (I can't get the scene of her (Lin) on the bridge throwing that guy off of it... laugh!! Serves him right!! laugh...)

Ok, I've rambled on enough... laugh..
Fortunately Kung Fu Hustle is worlds better than Kung Pow. The only thing that made Kung Pow funny is if you actually knew the original movie that was used for footage. Kung Pow was a one joke movie.

Kung Fu Hustle is like a combination of kung fu jokes all lined up together with a common theme. As a whole movie it's so-so but every individual bit is so well done that it's enjoyable. Kind of like Blazing Saddles that way.

I have to include one of my all time favourite comedies here; The Producers. I can't think of anything that I go back to as often as that movie that always makes me feel good after I watch it. I would love to get out and see the stage production of it with Matthew Broderick (I know... he's not doing it any more... my loss).
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
I've found another Firefly fan.

That's all I really had to say.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Yeah... I can barely wait until the end of September when the Firefly movie comes out in the theatres. Joss Whedon is an amazing writer.
Zagatto Wrote:Kung Fu Hustle is like a combination of kung fu jokes all lined up together with a common theme. As a whole movie it's so-so but every individual bit is so well done that it's enjoyable. Kind of like Blazing Saddles that way.

I hadn't seen blazing saddles until last year. Except for the ending that movie was funny as hell. The part where they are trying to say "that one word" and stupid noises keep happening was hilarious.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Black Adder!! OMG! The first season was stupid, but the second season was decent. Holy Grail has indeed gotten old. I need to sit down and watch The Life of Brian and The Meaning of Life. Blazing Saddles was good..."it's twue, it's twue!!"
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
My taste in humor varies, I like anything from There's Something About Mary to Harold LLoyd films. I usually don't like Spoofs but damn I loves me some Naked Gun and Airplane. I agree that I enjoyed Monty Python alot more 10 years ago, even though Flying Circus was one of the best damn comedy shows of all time. Mr. Bean and Black Adder are excellent. I remember I almost dropped a nut from laughing so hard when young Forrest Gump got hit in the head by a rock.

Ps:I can't wait for Serenity in September either....cancelling Firefly is another reason I hate Fox.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy has become my new favorite comedy sam rockwell always
makes my laugh and for once he isn't naked in one of his movies.
i always wondered what was up with dolphins!!!
I have kinda a dark and warped sense of humor to much Benny Hill and Monty Python growing up, but as far as films I really like that are dark comedies "Ed and His Dead Mother" "Delacatesen" and any of the Guy Ritchie films I like the best
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
I wouldn't call Delicatessen or any of Guy Ritchie's movies (except for the short film he did called Star for BMW... that was hysterical) comedies. Sure they all have funny bits in them but for the most part those are more action based with comedic content than comedies.

I'll have to check out Ed and His Dead Mother because I enjoyed the other movies you listed (and the title is funny on its own).

I don't know how this was left of the list but Shaun of the Dead is one of the few recent movies that made me laugh out loud. If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend checking it out. I know people as clueless as Shaun is in real life.
mantis, i like the avatar.
i use to watch it all the time, its so funny.
[Image: ffc.jpg]
wrxh8r Wrote:just a flesh wound.
We are now the Knights who say..."Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.
Follow. But. Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

I noticed the other day they dont make fairy tale epic adventures anymore.Like the princess bride.Thats a classic has quite a few funny moments.

I know what you mean. I wish they'd make more kid friendly fantasy movies like this. Shrek and other animated adventures are good and all, but nothing beats the princess bride. That movie may well get my vote for greatest movie of all time rather than simply greatest comedy.

Also, surprised nobody has said Ferris Bueller or Breakfast Club. Classics.
Gemini Wrote:mantis, i like the avatar.
i use to watch it all the time, its so funny.

Thanks Gemini It is a rather funny change of pace from the regular stuff on TV

I agree with you Zagatto to a point Some people would not call guy Ritchie films comedy. I have always found Britt humor much more dry then american humor. Stuff like Faulty Towers and Black Ader some people didn't find funny at all even Red Dwarf had bits that american audiences didn't follow well.
Ritchies films had alot of implied humor not so much the slap stick humor (Adam Sandler) stuff we have been watching here stateside for some time good example is In Snatch when Brit top is talking about the pig farm and what pigs can do, its funny but in a really dark way, and the comic bookish way each character is blown out of proprtion also
Delacatesen is a art house type film dark dark comedy you catch yourself laughing at stuff you question later should I have been laughing at that?
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga