Final Fantasy Unlimited and Patlabor WXIII
This thread did go over the deep end. But that's not the point.

Sheesh Don't tell anyone. *Gives Desfunk hush money* :mrgreen:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
That doesn't matter...

morgorath aims at kakoi_sugoi_yama.... Sonic Boom
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Kame.........hame.............. wait Hadoken! Shin Shoryuken! 8O 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
*Gives the rest hush money too* :mrgreen:

Don't tell about Mr. Jackson, he loves the children. Wait scratch that last part. :mrgreen:

Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

This thread did go over the deep end. But that's not the point.

Sheesh Don't tell anyone. *Gives Desfunk hush money* :mrgreen:

*throws money onto the ground.... then goes and picks it up* LOL

but i think it's your mission to get EVERY post thrown into your dark realm that is known as 'general babble'
kakoi_sugoi_yama grab Desfunk combo team attack...

Ryouga jumps down with Ranma Shisho Kaden Translation "Lion's Roar Blast" and to finsh it off steven comes in for the devestaing.....

Pastry to the face attack....say what.. 8O
This will make Duragon happy , a review for Patlabor WXIII. It was originally from the AN forum (thank you kingsnake).

Hello -

No blab or flab, straight to the review:

Video: 5 / 5
+ Perfect! This is the cleanest R2 rip I've EVER watched! I did a zoom and the picture was still as tight as a legit copy. No artifacts or breakdowns on any of the scenes. Plus it's letterboxed -- 16:9 LB Ratio. So freakin' beautiful!

Audio: 5 / 5
+ Also Perfect!!! Comes in 3 flavors for you: Japanese /Dolby Digital /5.1ch, Japanese /Dolby Surround, and Japanese /Dolby Digital /Stereo. I slapped on the 5.1 and cranked it up! I haven't heard an HK release that had sound quality like this. The soundtrack is another masterpiece from Kenji Kawai -- a must own!

Subs: 5 / 5
+ Can anyone say "Perfect translation"? Believe it or not, Production I.G. subbed their own movie and these are the rips from the R2 DVD! They even subbed the signs that are relevent to the plot.

Contents: This was probably the best out of the 3 Patlabor movies. Madhouse produced the animation, so you know that it looks good. The Director this time around wasn't Mamoru Oshii but Fumihiko Takayama (Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket) and a screenplay by Tori-Miki. One thing that Production I.G. has been doing with their movies lately have been more character development rather than all out flashy action. Patlabor WXIII ("Wrecked 13") continues that trend by following the 2 detectives introduced in the first movie -- Hata and Kursai. There are mysterious attacks happening around Tokyo Bay and the Bablyon project that was destroyed in the first movie. The pieces begin to come together to reveal one of the coolest plots in the Patlabor 'universe'. Cameo appearances by the Special Unit 2 gang and even some Ingram action -- but not much.

One thing that really struck me about this movie were the contemplative scenes. Many of the shots related to the investigation without any dialog. This allows the viewer to get into the heads of the detectives -- and the criminals without having the whole thing explaned to you.

Once again, Production I.G. / Madhouse have produced a film that is more cinematic than what you would consider to be 'anime'. The end scene alone is worth the price of admission!

Note: This review was for the single disc DVD and not the double set that came out 4 days after I purchased the disc from Flora (grr...). The 2 disc set is actually the "Mini-Pata" DVD release. Think high-quality South Park inspired Patlabor!

Otaku Unite!

King Snake

Gravity is my only enemy.
Thanks Matthewmalay!

I didn't mind about the thread going off on a tangent, I was just REALLY desperate to see what people thought of Patlabor WXIII because i'm a massive labor fan and I wanted to see how this one turned out.

Thanks again!
Don't thank me, I didn't write the review. I just did a little copy and paste.

You should thank Kingsnake (whoever he is)
This thread did go way out, but that is why this place is so fun. 8O 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
I AM SOOOOOO BUYING THAT MOVIE!!!!!! *goes off to look for it*
I still haven't seen anything patlabor. Is it good? There have been plenty of times that I almost picked it up, but found something else. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
I own the entire series on VHS. :mrgreen: Though I haven't watched any of it. Cry

Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

I own the entire series on VHS. :mrgreen: Though I haven't watched any of it. Cry

LOL!!!! i could say the same about Gundam Wing.... HELL! i still have some tapes wrapped in their plastic :p .... i've watched tape 1......

but since my VHS isn't hooked up, i can't watch anymore (actually it's thrown under my bed :p )
Man how times have changed I used to wait weeks for the next shipment of vhs tapes from acrtic anime..., and now I just get on line download / buy imports and fansubs. The instant gradification is nice but I do miss the days of waiting for stuff in the mail... then the download is complete and I forget all about the mail