Does anyone Have a MAC?
To add to Schultz comment, they don't even have an OS that completely takes advantage of the Graphics card on my G5 yet. I believe it comes out this fall.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Ka-Talliya Wrote:I've been tossing around the idea of getting a MAC. I really only use my PC for Photoshop and Word any way. I've had to reconsider though, due to the fact that there is no Everquest2 for MAC.Sad

Exactly. That's the main reason macs suck. They have hardly any software support, especially when it comes to games. Now, unless you need a MAC for work or something they suck.

Also, they have better graphics power? Who cares when you don't have any games or anything to play around with? That's the graphic power that matters the most to most people here. (I would assume)
So they suck because they don't do what you want? No offense who cares what YOU want.. Mac's are awesome for what THEY are made for and USED for. So don't get one since you wouldn't use it.. But don't say they suck because you can't use them for what you would want to do.

Btw OT 5% to 48 in Eq2. ;op

Also Mac OS X is BSD based and i belive can compile / run most Linux apps for it.. So really you got alot more options for software.. Just they don't follow Apple's GUI rules and guidelines if you wish to call them for things..
Alright, if you even like games then having only a MAC sucks. Otherwise MACs are great specialty computers. Better?
Yes.. Sorry i just hate blanket all statements or ones with no true fundamental to them. Hence why you always see me argueing for the things getting bashed on...

Btw FYI you can get EverQuest for MAC's .. would post the url for it but at work and sony's station site is blocked.. so it's only time for EQ2 to come out on it..
Everquest didn't come out on mac for a LONG time. They were at least 2-3 expansions into it before it came out on mac if I remember correctly, then the expansions always released pretty late after. So even though it can play it, having a mac still sucked.
hey i didn't quote when it came out.. and i didn't say how slow they where.. i was just saying its "there".. ;o)