Stupid stores buying bootlegs
I've seen bootlegs for stores before too. But only in random booths in Chinatown (in Toronto). They're insanely overpriced though. Just like when you'd see people with booths like that at anime conventions here. Trying to sell a 5 disc set for $150 is INSANE.

But the whole fact that it's illegal, and that they KNOW it's illegal (by you telling them that) confuses me about the post. Are they just waiting for someone to rat them out?
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
lol ya... if you ever go to pacific mall in toronto, your gonna have one hell of a time trying to find anything that is actually legitimate. But the good thing is that you can get HKs extremely cheap. All you have to do is let them know that you know what they are selling is illegal and they give u crazy discounts Big Grin
and because it is a chinese mall it does help to look even slightly asian. all the tiny little stores in that place usually have a set price for white people, asian people, and everyone else.

I went to one of the stores with two of my friends. all of us walked in seperately and tried to buy the exact same set of dvds (i believe it was FX .hack//sign set). I walked in and the guy offered it to me for 12 bucks. my white friend walks in and the guy tries to sell it to him for $40, then (and this is the best part) my brown friend walks in and the guy tries to sell it to him for $70!!!
That was probably one of the funniest damn things i had ever seen :p
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
A buddy of mine told me about seeing the 6 disc Trigun set sub only that MI did at some store in the mall. I was like 'no fu*king way it's HK.' He said he picked it up, looked it over & it was exactly the same as mine.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
as far as im concerned im glad people are picking up sets i mean it's crazy how expensive r1 sets are so if they can sell a set for 40 instead of 150 thats cool with me. Now if they are selling them near r1 prices thats messed up.
Cyrus
please try and steer clear of starting another HK vs R1 debate... the last one didn't turn out too well as i can recall.... *thinks back to the pizza V.S. chinese food debate Big Grin *
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
When I was in Florida I went to a few of those perma flea markets. I noticed a LOT of bootleg crap in those. I bought a couple of fake kenshin wallscrolls for like $10 for the two of em. You can find some crazy stuff in those places. I found 2 copies of legit R1 sealed Mallrats dvds and bought them for $15 for the two of them and sold 'em on ebay for $35 each. Big Grin You can find those crystals with the bubbles inside that make pictures all over for really cheap there too. I bought like 3 of 'em for $10 from one of the shops. Up here in Fargo the cheapest I can find them is $15-20 for one lol.
Ive seen HK stuff in the used pile at blockbuster ( old trade ins ) When i mentioned to them they were HK , they though that they now had something special they should get more money for - go figure ( goofy employee ) the only other place ive seen HK's sold locally was at our Neighboring county Fair , they were selling for around 15-20 bucks a dvd ,and they were pretending that they were licensed US releases-( subtitled only ) which obviously was a lie , and i latter found out the folks selling them were from China and thats where they bought them-Trying to dup us dumb Americans- another Daah ! When I mentioned I can buy these for 7 bucks a disc from Import anime- hey acted like I was lying to them to get a better deal - I was trying to get a better deal , but I wasnt lying.
To say the least I walked away from that so called deal ! Rolleyes
Cidien Wrote:I bought a couple of fake kenshin wallscrolls.

Aren't all wallscrolls fake? I don't think I have ever seen a legit one (or one that looked like it had some kind of quality to it or something)...
If you see them again and they do that tell 'em to sell them to you for $4 a disc or you'll go get a cop. =P
Cidien Wrote:If you see them again and they do that tell 'em to sell them to you for $4 a disc or you'll go get a cop. =P
Not all wallscrolls are fake. There is currently I think, only 1 company that have rights to the stuff that they sell. and that company is Great Eastern, a taiwanese company.
[Image: top_1.jpg]
~Romance in the Scent of Summer~
If they were legit they woulda cost more than $5 lol.
i undersand why we dont want to get into that r1 vs HK argument , but it is possible that the US companies are getting the message that 25 bucks for 3 episodes is crazy , recently Ive seen some good anime r1's ( older titles ) going at what I figure to be reasonable prices ( or inexspensive ) sets for 20-40 bucks is great ( ADVfilms.com) as well as at Bestbuy and other discount wholesalers -I would like nothing more than just to buy r1's if there at a more honest price-10 to 15 bucks a disc , and Ive also seen alot of stuff like Dragon ball Z go for around 5 bucks in bins at Walmart ( not personnally crazy about dragon ball z ) , some of those older animes are super . After all when most American movies come out they sell threw at around 15 bucks and I did pick up Ghost in the shell 1 ,as well as 2 for about that ,which I think is good business- they might make more in the long run if they go for selling more at less prices - after all isnt what these companies are after is making the most money ?

P.S - recently ive seen Ghost in the shell 2 and Millenium priness set selling from 15 -18 bucks ( Kmart + Walmart )