favorit anime/manga person
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Getting them to read manga is very good because that way they'll develop a love for reading from a young age.
What's Hikaru No Go about? I've been hearing about it for ages but I have no idea what it's like.
yeah Rav pretty much summed it up. It is about a kid who finds a spirit of an ancient master player of the game GO. And he learns GO and plays it and it is basically that.
Sounds pretty basic, but there is something quite compelling and fascinating about the manga and the storyline. I really like the way it is presented and the characters. Also it has gotten me quite interested in the game of GO and I have been playing it quite a lot even though I am not that good at it.
Here is a famous GO website if you are curious about the game:
http://www.usgo.org

Yeah, it is one of only 3 mangas I read regularly in addition to Battle Royale and yes Rav, I do love Prince of Tennis. I think it is quite good, but I find I have more interest in sports themed mangas and I have always love watching tennis so it is really easy for me to get into.
Thanks for the explanation guys! It does seem very cool. I think I'll buy it eventually but not right away because I've been buying a little bit too much manga lately (I'm collecting about 60 different titles at the moment) and I need to control myself. Manga and anime are drugs no matter how bad that sounds! :p
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Thanks for the explanation guys! It does seem very cool. I think I'll buy it eventually but not right away because I've been buying a little bit too much manga lately (I'm collecting about 60 different titles at the moment) and I need to control myself. Manga and anime are drugs no matter how bad that sounds! :p
You said it....I have to print out a list of all the new volumes I need to collect, it takes up 2 pages....of course buying 10-20 at a time tends to help but there are so many new ones that come out that I just can't pass up!....of course that's also why I have to have a database of my manga....can't keep track of all the volumes I have Cool ....up to 596 volumes :p Big Grin
[Image: tsukiko1.jpg]
Tsukiko Wrote:up to 596 volumes :p Big Grin

i saw your pictures before, but didn't relize you had about 600 volumes, w0w :eek:
[Image: ffc.jpg]
I finally reached the beautiful number of 600 last week. I'm now the proud owner of 604 volumes of manga. Big Grin
Tsukiko Wrote:You said it....I have to print out a list of all the new volumes I need to collect, it takes up 2 pages....of course buying 10-20 at a time tends to help but there are so many new ones that come out that I just can't pass up!....of course that's also why I have to have a database of my manga....can't keep track of all the volumes I have Cool ....up to 596 volumes :p Big Grin

Two Words...HOLY SHIT!
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I finally reached the beautiful number of 600 last week. I'm now the proud owner of 604 volumes of manga. Big Grin
I'm right behind ya Big Grin I'll be there in another few days...unless Amethyst shoots me first Rolleyes
[Image: tsukiko1.jpg]
WOWSERS ... i wish i had half that (cough approx 300) unlike my massive count of 28 Sad but i mainly get scanlations....coz im a cheap bar steward who would more likely spend that saved money on Travelling,Gig Tickets and Beer...D'oh
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Gemini Wrote:honda from fruit basket,
she has no super power, strength, or even brains. her character is strong, always holding a smile no matter what circumstance it is and also soo friendly. i know i know it's just a character.

I met her american VA at Hilarycon, and I must say, Laura Bailey is hot.
Wow Andromeda, retail price of manga in US is $10 each, so you've spent approx. $6,040!! Smile Sounds like how much I spend on candy and snacks though!

Onizuka's my fave - I'd so date him!
Well, most of the manga I own is in French and the average price per volume is $8.5 so I haven't spent that much money yet. :p By the way, they're 608 now and tomorrow they'll be 611. Big Grin
Vicious Wrote:I met her american VA at Hilarycon, and I must say, Laura Bailey is hot.

you must get to meet alot of VA. sounds fun. so how does that happen?
[Image: ffc.jpg]
if you hardly ever read books is it worth it to get manga too or is that just more of a readers thing?

I mean they are books so.....
Cyrus
Cyrus Wrote:if you hardly ever read books is it worth it to get manga too or is that just more of a readers thing?

A lot of the time, the manga will carry the storyline farther than the anime does... for example, Basara rather sort of just ended.. but the manga is way farther than the anime ever got... RG Veda is the same (or so I'm hoping.. laugh) Vampire Hunter D... etc... and sometimes the manga explains more than the anime does as well... Spiral comes to mind (or at least I'm hoping that is the case about the Blade Children!!)

Ok, so I'm not completely off topic... I have to say my favorite of all times is Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust... I'm hoping the manga is just as good!! But anything with more of D in it has to be... Oh and a close 2nd is Count D from Pet Shop of Horrors.. and I wish there had been more manga... laugh...

Not that I don't have a ton of other favorites... Shido from Nightwalker... Marron from Sorcerer Hunters... the list goes on and on... oh yeah... and quite a few from Kyo Kara Mauo... laugh ... ok that might not apply since I don't think they have a manga out of it....but then it might not have to be one that is in both Anime and Manga...

And just so you don't think I'm fixated on just guys... (laugh just look at my sig!!) I really like Maya from Tenjou Tenge.... either form, but I prefer her adult one....that should be an interesting manga as well....

See? It's so hard to pick just one!! laugh
Cyrus Wrote:if you hardly ever read books is it worth it to get manga too or is that just more of a readers thing?

Like Amethyst said reading manga is definitely worth it. Just ask anyone here who's watched Berserk and is now reading the manga if it isn't. It isn't necessarily better than the anime but it's usually more detailed.