Its Back Baby, ADV SALE!!!
I was going to buy the Sakura Wars DVDs but once more ADV won't send to Europe or other country except USA and Canada :mad:
I also ordered the Nadesico set for under 10 bucks , saw the special listed in my emails that morning and figured if i dont order it asap they will runout etc, didnt realize they made a mistake on the price - just hoping they honor this deal 15 bucks with shipping is a once in a life time deal . who cares if they marker out the scan bars or drill a small hole in the outer case - lets hope the deal is real ! This is a set Ive always wanted - especially on R1-- keep your fingers crossed ! If you hear of any other r1 deals pass them on ! Smile
If anyone cares, my ADV order showed up today... so it was about 3 weeks, including a short (yeah right) lay-over in customs (bastards). That's not too shabby to Canada.

My dirt-cheap Milk-Chans all showed up in flawless new/sealed condition, and all the discs are great. Plus, my Menchi is looking perfectly edible. They even threw in Hello Kitty Paradise 2 Essential Collection for free... god knows why the fuck they'd think anyone who would watch the filth that is Milk-Chan, would want to watch Hello Kitty.. but it's the thought that counts.

I *heart* ADV.

Just thought I'd give 'em some positive word of mouth, as there have been complaints from others about ordering from them. So far, so good here.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
they must be making up for what they did before so....
Cyrus
Well- my first purchase came from them about a week and a half ago - bought Nadescio for under ten bucks - Its now one of my favorites- and at the more recent sale I ordered Gad-guard , Emeraldas and Rahephon movie - I know Gad-guard ,its an ok show- 20 bucks aint bad -Its also showing up on some of the DVD seller sites for around that price , happy to get R1's at a great price- know its an older series, but i love older stuff, it has real personnality, and is an art all in itself-- by the way, if you have ordered from adv they dont send you confirmation when your stuff is sent, ( at least I havent gotten it for the last two times I bought stuff ) But it does come UPS with tracking numbers- so you will get it , their a good company ! good fishing Smile
r00ster Wrote:If anyone cares, my ADV order showed up today... so it was about 3 weeks, including a short (yeah right) lay-over in customs (bastards). That's not too shabby to Canada.

My dirt-cheap Milk-Chans all showed up in flawless new/sealed condition, and all the discs are great. Plus, my Menchi is looking perfectly edible. They even threw in Hello Kitty Paradise 2 Essential Collection for free... god knows why the fuck they'd think anyone who would watch the filth that is Milk-Chan, would want to watch Hello Kitty.. but it's the thought that counts.

I *heart* ADV.

Just thought I'd give 'em some positive word of mouth, as there have been complaints from others about ordering from them. So far, so good here.

Was there any drilling of the UPCs and if so... how bad was it? :confused:
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
puzzleguy Wrote:and at the more recent sale I ordered Gad-guard ,

I think you meant Dai-Guard. Gad Guard is a show that Geneon just put out a few months back.
I stand corrected- it is dai-guard , there also was a question about the hole thats drilled in the case-( on the Nadesico set ) its by the upc symbol, which wrecks the upc code from being able to be read, but in no way near or on the discs- me thinks its to keep the discs from being sold threw a store ( etc )- but they are perfect in every way. I bought some pokemon stuff along time ago for my daughter and it came like that- at that time the older discs were being dumped threw kmart in 2 box sets for 5 bucks ( not a bad deal at the time ) I also am aware that some of the ADV stuff is being sold on the net for about the same price, without the little holes in the upc code- why there doing this beats the *&%^ out of me. Big Grin
The holes are actually so wholesalers cant purchase the sets and re-sell them at mass market (like wal mart etc..), even tho that's what usually happens.

Aside from ADV being slow, i recieved a ton of stuff i ordered with no issues, and they threw in freebee's too.

B
vegeta76 Wrote:Was there any drilling of the UPCs and if so... how bad was it? :confused:

They did do the drilling to the UPC... but it was so mild that I didn't even notice it 'til I looked. It didn't even go deep enough to penetrate the magnetic sticky thing inside the case that was -right- behind the UPC on all the discs. It was also -very- far away from the DVDs themselves, so even if they had penetrated the magnet sticker inside, it wouldn't have come near the discs.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

I was especially pleased with the shipping speed to Canada.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
April 23rd 2005

ADV is selling Princess Nine (6 dvds 650 minutes) for $15 a baseball comedy / romance suppose to be one of the great older shows, it's still in my backlog tho so don't know. Might wanna check it out.
Anime Want To Buy / Sell / Trade List: http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=5548
vegeta76 Wrote:Was there any drilling of the UPCs and if so... how bad was it? :confused:

The last sale that ADV had, I got all 3 seasons of Beast Master for $36, and on all 3 of the 6 disk brick type holders, the UPC code and outside plastic slip cover were sliced in an X shape... no drilling whatsoever... so all I did was replace the disk holders and voile' everything looks almost perfect... after a little tape on the UPC code.. laugh.. oh, my sets were still sealed, other than the plastic over the UPC being sliced. So would I buy from ADV again? Probably, I have plenty of replacement disk holders... laugh... now if I just had the money to do so... Rolleyes
After hearing the disatrous results of the last ADV sale, there's no way I'm buying from them. I don't care if they're really cheap I want my DVD's in good condtion.
of the major companys ADV seams to do some really good box sets. And they seam to sell at good prices. About 6 months ago I got the entire series of Steel Angel Kurumi for 15 bucks in a nice yet bulky box set. I also grabed Sorcer Hunters and Generator GAwl for under $20 bucks. I am very happy with them all. Now I just need to finish all of them.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
where in the world did you find deals like that???

everywhere i can go those would be at least 50 if not more
Cyrus