ouch this has to hurt sony.
It is kinda off subject, but the other day I saw on Sixty Minuets that Smuckers was trying to get a patent on Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches. How stupid is that?
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Reminds me of the time P-A made a joke about being the only Web Comic & suing all the others XD
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Blight Wrote:It is kinda off subject, but the other day I saw on Sixty Minuets that Smuckers was trying to get a patent on Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches. How stupid is that?

That's not just stupid Blight it's pretty sad...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:That's not just stupid Blight it's pretty sad...

Well they didn?t get it, but they were trying to argue that it was the way they were making it, which amounted to little less than those cheap snack cake pies but instead of cheery or apple filling it would their PB & J. Fucking morons.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
I say screw patents personally. They do have their purposes, but for the most part all they do is prevent certain ideas or technologies from being advanced. Yes, a patent can be a good thing to protect a big company from stealing a small companies/persons idea. However, it's even worse when that patent gives that small company/person a monopoly on the product. Good for the company, bad for the consumer.
But the problem is it works with "actual items" you patent this item.. Which means a person can't make that same exact item.. but then can make something different that does the same thing.. the problem with the internet is that people patent methods or ideas.. Not implementations. So even if i do it a different way then its still infringing a patent. which is stupid. we still have Copywrite laws which prevent me from using your exact code to do the method since that is copying which without patents still is in effect.. thats why i hope Europe does not pass its Software patents.. for all those european people please see http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net there front page tells alot about it and get in contact with your representatives..

Also on teh canadian stuff..
right now fair use laws gives you right do do what you want with it.. If you have the CD and you wanna rip it to mp3 to listen to on a portable mp3 player or make a backup cd of it you can.. Also right now even if the cd has copy protection on it you can bypass it using fair use.. But what they are trying to change is that its illegal to bypass or to make a copy of it even to fair use.. basically they are restricting you on what you can do with your own property..
I guess the company that has the rumble packs or whatever can sue if they want to but getting 90 mill is a little over the edge. Not to mention that it woulda been cool if they coulda worked it out of the courts. I mean the courts need to be more for violent crimes and important moral issues then issues about money. they could of at least acted grown up about it and came to a compromise out of court. But thats the world we live in

oh and about the whole music thing

yeah thats freaking stupid

in fact that is such a invasion of your rights in so many ways.......

i think it's crazy the way people are endorsing copyrights now.... to be honest if the cd's were cheaper many more people would buy them and even if they don't buy them people are still at the very least getting their fair share.

It's like baseball someone gets fined 5 thousand dollars well whoopty do like that person cares when they make over 100 thousand a season easy.

It's the same way with music anyone out there who cares enough about losing a little bit of money shouldn't be in the music business either.

I would almost say that the music buisness needs to be regulated such as give them like 20 an hour or something and make music a lot cheaper. If it is an amazing band and they make decent money thats cool but why should someone as rich as puff daddy complain when he can only buy a 3 400 thousand cars that year instead of 4 or something. I know the figures aren't correct but yeah it's freaking crazy.

btw i know this has nothing to do with sony really so uh...... don't reply lol i don't want this thread to turn into a music thread
Cyrus