ouch this has to hurt sony.
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/BUSINESS/03/...suit.reut/

Though least they won't have to stop the sales like it suggests since htey will be paying Compulsonary damages before the appeal.
NO!!!!!!! *cries for sony* I love you guys, you can't die on me!!!!
Ok, more of you have to bounce back!!!
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
that sucks.

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
f*ck thats gotta hurt
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
I just hope the ps3 is released without any major problems like the cell chip production halting because its built on stolen technologies!!
nope actually Sony has filed for patents on the Cell processor.. but i doubt it since 3 company's where involved.. and contributed..
This is kinda stupid. So is this the company that designed the rumble pack for the N64 then? If not then why aren't they sueing Nintendo? Also, what do games that simply support the feature infringe upon? That's like being sued by a car company because you're selling gas for their cars.
Cidien Wrote:That's like being sued by a car company because you're selling gas for their cars.

No its not. It would be like if a company designed a new kind of car engine and another car company said ?that's a good idea? and just started using it in their cars with out paying the creators anything.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Why go after Nintendo? They haven't been having the best of sales. Plus sony is a multi-million dollar company so why not target them at the height of their sales?

Oh well it seems sony will have to do something big for PS3 to pay off the debt of the law-suit plus the court costs.
I don't think its the same as the rumble pack. I think their technology is that the pad vibrates in rythem with the game. Like in racing games when your left weels go of the track the left part of the pad vibrates.

Sony will buy themselfs out of this just like m$ did. Only they will have to pay more.

I don't understand why this case happens now. I think the same technology was used in the firsty dualshock and that was like 10 years ago or something?
I'd have to see the court case in detail as to how they proved that Sony infringed. The idea for a force feedback option is really old so I guess they saw that their code was simular to Sony's code. Plus they would have a really good case if they tried to sale their technology to Sony.

If there is one thing you should never do is show a good idea to a company unless you have some kind of patent/copyright to the idea or better yet sell you stuff which draws a company to buy your idea.
The whole thing is this is the problem with America's Patent system with technology.. Company's are patenting "Idea's" of how things are doing.. not actual implementation. Shit Amazon patented there "1 click buy" method and so if any online store does they will have to pay Amazon royalties for it.

Also with patent infringment its harder because if company A sues company B.. then Company A don't have to do anything while company B just has to prove that they are innocent.. So really in patent lawsuits you are guilty until proven innocent... which is really stupid..
This whole law suit seems to be pretty retarded over all
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
why because it deals with something you use all the time? Shit there are many more that are way worse then this.. Way worse in the technology department especially with stuff.. hell i belive this site is in someways violating a patent because it "stores information in a database for eCommerce" yes someone has been awarded for a patent based on that.. not methods or anything just "ideas".. Also FYI you should look into your government system vegeta76 as they are trying to rewrite the copywrite laws and i belive take fair use out..
http://www.digital-copyright.ca/petition/
Schultz Wrote:hell i belive this site is in someways violating a patent because it "stores information in a database for eCommerce"

ya. your probably right in thinking that. It would be stupid for whoever owns the patent for that "idea" to come and sue this site because they would also have to sue every other site that uses their "idea".

EDIT: about that petition, I dont understand everything that is said in there, but from my understanding it says something like: copyrite laws are taking away from people's rights? :confused:
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]