Poll: Which one would you choose?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Company XYZ 3.0Ghz
66.67%
4 66.67%
Company ABC 2.2Ghz
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which one would you pick.. take 2..
Well closed the poll since no further needs since if people read the thread they would figure it out.. company a is a P4 3.0Ghz process while company b is an AMD Althon XP 3200+ so actually the 2.2ghz althon can do more or out perform the Intel even with its lower clock speeds.. this is because they designed it to be able to process more with lower speeds.. totally different design. Just my point outta all three of the console on the market Not even one of them are based on the same architecture.. Xbox is x86, Ps2 is fully custom and GameCube is PowerPC based. (which is ironic that the next xbox will also be PowerPC based)
odin0425 Wrote:wow, you suprised me, I thought you where going to turn this into a hudge AMD vs Intel debate, little did i know that you where proveing one of my petpeaves, about people beeing missled by numbers....the higher the GHZ the better the PC...props to you schultz
and yea i hate flat out blah blah such and such rules.. when in reality nothing can plain rule the other.. because things are designed differently and each do things better then the other so they don't blately do it.. Like right now i am running a P4 because "I" let me repeat I, let me bold it now I have had better luck with Intel chipsets over AMD. But i am looking at the new 64 bit processers and right now AMD's 64bit extensions work better and are a bit faster and also ATM little bit more supported since they have been out longer unless Intel's made theres fully compatable.. Which last i heard they left out a few instructions that AMD had. But they could of included them now. Haven't checked lately..

And the fact i have only seen SLI chipsets for AMD.
ya, im gonna upgrade to the 64-bit when longhorn comes out, right now the 64 bit amd's are competeing with the new intels, with the 1 meg L2 cach, but when the 64 bit is fully utalized by longhorn, intel will have to do somthing to stay in the market, and from what ive been hearing, while there experemental 64 bit chip is suposed to blow every thing away, that it had so many problems that they are thinking of starting from stratch--puting them atleast 4 years behind the market
Actually the Intel 6xx chips have 64bit extensions in them.. like the AMD Athlon 64. Also right now you can download WindowsXP 64 its in like beta 2 or beta 3
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/default.mspx

And if i remember right Intel is scraping there pure 64bit server processor which hasn't done well at all..
wow, i just checked the specs of the socket T series 64 bit intel, im impresesed -- looks like my info was a bit out dated
aye it happens.. ;o) But still if i remember there not as fast doing 64bit processes as AMD's..
After reading the outcome of this post, that was actually interesting how you listed it up.

Anyway, what is with AMD listing itself as a different GHZ, even though it runs at faster speeds? I've never understood why it does that. So if you have an Athlon 3000+ and its listed at 1.8ghz, why does it do that? Why doesn't it just list itself based on the first number?
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
ITs because the AMD processes stuff compared to an Intel 3.0 ghz.. and Amd knows people will buy soloy on numbers and not what it can actually do.. So hence why they never list there processors with there Ghz..
Its because Ghz is a unit of mesurement, the Gigahertz of a coumputer measures the number of cycles the processor exacutes per second, each command requires a certan amount of clock cylces, but it just so happens that the way amd is desinged, alows it to do the same amount of commands as intel, but with less clock cycles--more for less doesnt but isnt that kind of unaversal with amd? considering price and all
odin0425 Wrote:Its because Ghz is a unit of mesurement, the Gigahertz of a coumputer measures the number of cycles the processor exacutes per second, each command requires a certan amount of clock cylces, but it just so happens that the way amd is desinged, alows it to do the same amount of commands as intel, but with less clock cycles--more for less doesnt but isnt that kind of unaversal with amd? considering price and all
Thats the technical way to put it.. but bluntly AMD knew people will buy based on numbers so they had to name the AMD's different so they woudl still sell against intel's higher Ghz chips.
Schultz Wrote:Thats the technical way to put it.. but bluntly AMD knew people will buy based on numbers so they had to name the AMD's different so they woudl still sell against intel's higher Ghz chips.
--sad-- i thought i dumbed it down preatty well Smile
YAY for my mobile AMD64 3400+ wo0t!!! (i bought a laptop recently)
i know its not as good as a non mobile AMD64 but hey its sooo fast at proceessing and encoding stuff wo0t i just want more ram

one word of warning the processor fan though quite can hit abit of a high pitch/freq sound buts apart from that very quite Big Grin well the mobile one anyway

anyone know any good cheap Laptop Video cards??? that they recommend from expereince?
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
From my experiance you can't upgrade video cards in Laptops.. unless a few companys..
Thanks for the info guys! I had never understood that until now.
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]