Next Gundam Series To be Released?
I took this from AN

More Gundam Seed Licensed
Mecha & Anime HQ has published an exclusive interview with Bandai Entertainment Marketing Manager Jerry Chu in which, among other things, Chu confirms the forthcoming release of the Gundam Seed Special Edition compilation specials (to be released in America as "Gundam Seed movies"), the Gundam Seed epilogue OAV, and the follow-up television series Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny.

Mr. Chu also confirms reports of decreasing profits in the anime industry, and suggests that the American anime industry may see fewer titles released in the future, and more titles "tailored for release in this [American] market" as the small American consumer market (less than 2% of American home video sales) becomes more saturated.

Chu also confirms that Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is now the best selling anime TV series ever released on American DVD, according to Nielsen Videoscan ratings
Just so you know I am not plugging gundam if you can read it says UC 0079 meaning the original, I am a fan of the original timeline and nothing else. Just because it says gundam in the title does not mean I will automatically like it. Although I do watch all Gundam shows in the hopes they will live up to the original.
Are you kidding stand alone was the best selling, geez I totally liked the first movie but the series and the second movie were pointless and just an attempt to pull in revenue. Actaully most movie markets not just anime are see drops in profit due to loss in dvd sales because of illegal downloading. Just so everyone knows if downloading continues as is, then youll never see a good movie made again because theres no money in studios anymore.
geo85 Wrote:Are you kidding stand alone was the best selling, geez I totally liked the first movie but the series and the second movie were pointless and just an attempt to pull in revenue. Actaully most movie markets not just anime are see drops in profit due to loss in dvd sales because of illegal downloading. Just so everyone knows if downloading continues as is, then youll never see a good movie made again because theres no money in studios anymore.
Irresponsible, yes, but what do I care?

And just a side note, 60 Minutes conducted a survey and reported that downloading media only hurts industries less than 1%. They concluded that if people couldn't download the stuff, they probably wouldn't have bought it anyway.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
onizuka17711 Wrote:Irresponsible, yes, but what do I care?

And just a side note, 60 Minutes conducted a survey and reported that downloading media only hurts industries less than 1%. They concluded that if people couldn't download the stuff, they probably wouldn't have bought it anyway.

Again, that's not true at all. If I couldn't download or buy HK's the R1 companies would see a lot more money from me. And 60 minutes says a lotta things. Just cuz it's on the news doesn't mean it's true. Just look at Dan Rather. What a jackass.
How about... "Gundam: Milked" Wink
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Like it or Hate it the Gundam chain makes money. That is what will keep the series of releases, toys ect going. You have to give the makers of it credit though. They have been able to generally use the same story line for the last X amount of years now and it still proves to be popular. Not everyone is going to like it, but as I said it sells
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
i think thats true for the most part about the 60 minutes thing

i'll only buy r1 anime if i can get it for a good deal

like i got the arc the lad series used for 33

i would pay 60 for cowboy bebop new (limited edition)

but as far as paying 100 dollars for any r1 anime it better be new come with all the soundtracks and have an art book and figurins or something.

i didn't buy anime for years i would just rent it or borrow then when i found HK i bought over 300 dollars worth so far.

thats just how it is for me. It's the same for the Star Trek Series first season of next Gen goes for 100 or so so am i supposed to pay 1000 dollars for the 10 seasons or whatever screw that.

i'll borrow or watch it on tv or whatever but i won't pay that.

When anime drops to 50 for new 24 episode series and 60 with the movie i will start doing r1's more
Cyrus
What do you mean special edition cowbow bebop new? I hope you don't mean with the box. You'd be lucky to get a used R1 set without the box for $60. The box (even used) usually goes for over $200...
i would pay around 60 for the normal set r1 new i don't know how much i would pay for the special box set i mean since it is so limited and all but yeah im just gonna go HK untill there are reasonable prices
Cyrus