Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Next Gundam Series To be Released?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone know whats on deck for Bandai with the Gundam franchise?
I've been waiting for V-Gundam for quite sometime (NOT SATISFIED WITH THE MI SUBS) , but I'm not sure if it will ever get its rightful release :confused: . Also anyone know how well Zeta was recieved overall by the fans and how it did sales wise? I think that UC timeline show's may be in the balance of a good responce to Zeta. I know some were dissapointed in the opening & closing music being cut but i think besides the EXTREMELY ANNOYING delay's Bandai did a decent job!
Does it really matter anymore Gundam is nearly dead, yes I did just say dead. Aside from the original and 8th ms team everything else was subpar although I have yet to see zeta. wing was totally predictable and seed is utter junk I am waiting to see a good zeta release and will then forget about any other gundam. I think its time people just move on to something else.
That's your opinion. However, most anime fans at least like gundam shows and many of us love them. Gundam is not dead. People love shows with giant robots in them.
i wanted to get all the gundam series in the universal century set

is it worth getting them or are most of them no where near as good as Gundam wing or are they better or what
As far as money is concerned, the Gundam franchise is far from dead.
I thought Gundam Seed and Destiny is pretty good IMO> good story, nice robot battles.
It seems that people either polarize to one side or the other on A lot of Gundam shows. I liked seed and most of the Gundams ?cept for SD and G. A lot of people don?t like seed and I think it is one of the best. Just seems strange to me.
The only Gundams ive been able to watch are Wing and G. But I havent really watched Seed yet...
Seed is totally boring and doesn't add anything to the world of Gundam except renaming things. The original gundam story was good but now they are just beating a dead horse. G-gundam had a good concept but bad excecution, 0080 was crap 0083 was okay. Now gundam wing might have somewhat of a good story and some cool characters but you knew what was going to happen from the very begining the gundams were way too powerful. Gundam seed well I would rather watch Barney, and yes this is my opinion , straying from the original story was a bad idea they should have just stopped.
Well, after all the Z Gundam movies are realeased in Japan, I'm pretty sre we can all look foward to them. Hopefully by the time I move to Japan, the 2nd movie will be out.
geo85 Wrote:Seed is totally boring and doesn't add anything to the world of Gundam except renaming things. The original gundam story was good but now they are just beating a dead horse. G-gundam had a good concept but bad excecution, 0080 was crap 0083 was okay. Now gundam wing might have somewhat of a good story and some cool characters but you knew what was going to happen from the very begining the gundams were way too powerful. Gundam seed well I would rather watch Barney, and yes this is my opinion , straying from the original story was a bad idea they should have just stopped.

You've already stated that opinion. Thanks for the further negativity on the topic.

X Gundam from the MAC set is really good. Good subtitles and a great story. So if you guys are looking for a new gundam to watch get that one. Actually you can get an MI one too if you can find one as MAC just ripped MI.
I'm just hoping that bandai releases ZZ,V,Turn A Gundam & I'm complete confussion as to when they will be released but i guess all I can do is wait! Just curious what series do you guys wana see get released asap?
Cidien Wrote:That's your opinion. However, most anime fans at least like gundam shows and many of us love them. Gundam is not dead. People love shows with giant robots in them.

Well Gundam Seed did crappy on Toonami it was so bad it was drop from it's shecdule and put on a dead air day and time Fridays at 12:00 am.
Do any very good shows do very well on CN primetime spots anymore? I don't bother even turning the channel to CN anymore unless it's late at night.
Cidien Wrote:Do any very good shows do very well on CN primetime spots anymore? I don't bother even turning the channel to CN anymore unless it's late at night.
I pretty much quit watching all but Adult Swim occasionally after Toonami got dropped from it's time slot for that Maguzzi shit.

And for the record, I'd like to state that I've very much enjoyed all Gundam save SD. Although, the original was a bit too old for my tastes...

By the way Geo, it seems kind of odd to see someone diss Gundam while plugging it in their sig :p .
Pages: 1 2