Kazaa Downloading
I live 1.3 Km too far away from the dsl server (they recommend 4.5 KM, I'm at 5.8KM) but I still got it and it works just fine (d/l speed is around 100kb/sec)
Dowloading on WinMX isn't that bad for me. I'm actually happy with it. I hated it at first but not nearly as much as BearShare.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
They refuse to run it this far. And my dad refuses to pay so much for a connection that isn't going to be all that it should. But, he's going to bug the people for a Cable connect, so I'll be happy then! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
$30 for cable a month plus bought the modem for $200. AOL costed $21.95 a month. Pretty sweet deal I think. :mrgreen:

Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

Dowloading on WinMX isn't that bad for me. I'm actually happy with it. I hated it at first but not nearly as much as BearShare.

you should try eDonkey2000
www.edonkey2000.com or if you want a better client for it IMHO www.emule-project.net
its currently what i use for large files.. like anime episodes and full movies..
Quote:Originally posted by "Schultz"

you should try eDonkey2000

I tried edonkey2000 and even with a dsl connection, it is so SLOW, I coudn't even break 15kb/sec.

Is there a way to speed it up?
With edonkey it varies alot. Generally you will get better speeds if things have more sources availible.. Whats nice is even if a person only has part of a file you can grab those parts from those people and download the others from other people.. Also with eDonkey you have to find good servers. i generally get a server.met file from
http://www.thedonkeynetwork.com Also if you limit your upload bandwidth in eDonkey it limits your download. To try and prevent from leechers.
It sucks when people don't share though. Communist bastards!!!! :mrgreen:

Share or Die
We can form a search party and kill people that don't share. Or at least steal the track ball from their mouses if they don't have a laser mouse. :mrgreen:

I am kind of scared of anything file sharing. Too many bad people out there. Do they have any safegards against hackers?? By the by I am getting DSL soon the speed is 256k/s so I am quite extatic. 8O 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
you can get a firewall but then you wont be able to share files , you can only leech of people
If I had a dime for everytime my computer got hacked............

I'd be a dime richer
No you can't have my IP Address. :mrgreen: