Positive news reguarding FX
I have 2 other sites I go to that are simular to JJ's the other two have items JJ doesen't carry like Japanese snacks and drinks the other has anime film cells to go along with its anime releases. But this site here still has the best prices on anime from the comparisons
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Mantis421 Wrote:I have 2 other sites I go to that are simular to JJ's the other two have items JJ doesen't carry like Japanese snacks and drinks the other has anime film cells to go along with its anime releases. But this site here still has the best prices on anime from the comparisons
Yes the snacks swayed me on one ocassion! Big Grin
yeah this site is a little cheaper then most but the site i buy from has more of a selection and freebee's depending how much you spend so...

and merchandise and candy and all that
Cyrus
I actually used to buy (before this FX mess) exclusivly from here and one seller on ebay. Cheapest this way. I get all my snacks through my anime club which buys pocky and stuff in bulk and we re sell em as fundraisers... Get a nice discount dealing in bulk cases and the good pocky turns out to a less than $1 each and a bit over $1 for thsoe neat flavor ones.
If you have been staying up on the discussion over at the iloveasiandvd forums, it seems that Flora has been caught. I translated the news article and could not decipher much, other than than the police seized a lot of his personal property (3 houses? Wow, pirateing dvds makes more money than I thought).

So no more FX it seems.

I request everyone send a e-mail to MAC telling them to stop sucking and go back to using DVD-9's. Without FX arround they are our only hope to get our precious drug fix. That is unless MI begins to make their own rips or another company forms.

MACs email: mailto:[email protected]
(may wanna make it short and simple. I am not sure if they actually have anyone fluent in english on staff.)
[Image: kitty.gif]
Damn that sucks...Something tells me trying to contact MAC would be a waste of time I doubt they would listen to anyone...Hell even many they would just deal with the suckers who know nothing.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Damn this is a nightmare... MAC might get the attitude of 'if you dont like dvd-5 then go somewhere else... oh wait you cant!'... MI is our only hope... They have done good R1 rips before havent they? Im sure one or two sets aren't just FX/MAC rips, right? Oh well lets hope some more fansub with R2's come out...
gubi-gubi Wrote:Damn this is a nightmare... MAC might get the attitude of 'if you dont like dvd-5 then go somewhere else... oh wait you cant!'... MI is our only hope... They have done good R1 rips before havent they? Im sure one or two sets aren't just FX/MAC rips, right? Oh well lets hope some more fansub with R2's come out...

Let's hope MI steps up to the plate or MAC gets their damn acts together. Anyone whos foolish enough to buy shit quality shouldnt have any $...

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Well, I e-mailed my plee to mac and got this responce:

Quote:we are use dvd9 now..
thanks

Hopefully they are not BSing and really did switch back. Guess we will see once they have some new sets out.
[Image: kitty.gif]
darkanx Wrote:Well, I emailed my plee to mac and got this responce:

Hopefully they arn't BSing and really did switch back. Guess we will see once they got some new sets out.

Yeah ive heard that too but for some reason I don't trust em.

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
emailed them too. No reply yet.
got this reply

it is all dvd 9 now...

i am sure about this...

if disc 1 is dvd9 for 6G and disc 2 is 3G,, i will change to 2 dvd5.. coz this will be better disc... understanD??

Hard to understand when you cant speak english worth a crap.
darkanx Wrote:If you have been staying up on the discussion over at the iloveasiandvd forums, it seems that Flora has been caught. I translated the news article and could not decipher much, other than than the police seized a lot of his personal property (3 houses? Wow, pirateing dvds makes more money than I thought).

So no more FX it seems.

I request everyone send a e-mail to MAC telling them to stop sucking and go back to using DVD-9's. Without FX arround they are our only hope to get our precious drug fix. That is unless MI begins to make their own rips or another company forms.

MACs email: mailto:[email protected]
(may wanna make it short and simple. I am not sure if they actually have anyone fluent in english on staff.)

What about what you had told us in the beggining of this thread? Which news is true and which is not? Or was Flora caught after your first post in this thread?
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Or was Flora caught after your first post in this thread?

The news that the person Flora was caught was posted on that other forum after his first post here. So that's new news and if its true new bad news. But I still think 'if' fx was busted there will be new company(s) to fill the gap. I've heard people say that if fx is out they will start burning dvd's themselfs to sell so there must be some people thinking on a bigger scale that see this as an opportunity (or atleast I really hope so). There's alot of money to be made in the R1 rip business. On that forum they also mentioned that 3 of his houses were confiscated so Flora wasn't doing to bad for himself (again, if its true).
With FX gone, there's a HUGE void to be filled, one that MAC can't do on its own. Hopefully another company comes along and takes advantage of this opportunity.
Macross. An experience often imitated, but NEVER duplicated. Shame on those who think otherwise.

Visit MacrossWorld for all your Macross needs!