Gamecube rulez!
Sorry, I guess I kind of jump to conclusions at times.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Sorry, I guess I kind of jump to conclusions at times.
No worries I was kinda just being a cynical arse Big Grin
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Just so everyone knows, I saw that episode of X-Play, and they repeated the test and the results were the same. As for which console is better, who gives a f***. It was about which one could take a bigger betting and still work (or at least boot). I will agree that the test was unscientific, but one could also argue what kinda hit would cause more damage. Like with the weight for instances. A flat and solid hit could better distribute the weight, while a hit on the edge could cause more structural damage on that point. But arguing over this would be more of a waste of time than arguing which console is ?better?.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Nintendo's consoles have always been unbreakable. My old gameboy still works perfectly (and it has had quite a beating incl. falling down staires) and the old snes would easily survive any of those tests. And I'm not even talking about the controllers of which the snes was also unbreakable. There are quite a few frustrating games on the snes that caused uncontrolable controller bashing, preferably with help from a wall.
elcoholic Wrote:Nintendo's consoles have always been unbreakable. My old gameboy still works perfectly (and it has had quite a beating incl. falling down staires) and the old snes would easily survive any of those tests. And I'm not even talking about the controllers of which the snes was also unbreakable. There are quite a few frustrating games on the snes that caused uncontrolable controller bashing, preferably with help from a wall.

Ha ha, I lost three PS2 controllers to the damn chocobo race on FFX, including one I borrowed from my cousin. I just traded him controls when he wasn't looking and he didn't even know I broke it.
Blight Wrote:Ha ha, I lost three PS2 controllers to the damn chocobo race on FFX, including one I borrowed from my cousin. I just traded him controls when he wasn't looking and he didn't even know I broke it.

I MUST remember that trick Big Grin
Who the heck is going to do that to their consoles anyways? It's sort of a stupid test if you ask me.
[Image: totororun7ut.gif]
It is a silly test... And albeit the Xbox didn't boot at all, due to lack of a power button, on the third test... Well, the Gamecube didn't exactly boot correctly either... I own all three systems, and it is also shown in the test that there should be that annoying GameCube splash screen when the system boots. Granted they were looking just for the fact that it boots.. But still.
SpazzoidKlown Wrote:It is a silly test... And albeit the Xbox didn't boot at all, due to lack of a power button, on the third test... Well, the Gamecube didn't exactly boot correctly either... I own all three systems, and it is also shown in the test that there should be that annoying GameCube splash screen when the system boots. Granted they were looking just for the fact that it boots.. But still.

I saw that too, but then realized that there was no game and no controllers, so that is why it did that. However, the top of the cube was fucked up and obviously broke, but it did still boot and the lid I guess doesn?t matter that much on the machine. It could have had more plausibility if they had used PSI stress tests and stuff, but it was on a TV show so I would be expecting too much.