Huge ADV sale!
onizuka17711 Wrote:No, but whether one person votes or not really makes no difference...As with Gantz, you not buying it makes no difference what-so-ever to ADV...There will always be the rest of the market.

And as for the environment, just about everything you do hurts it. If you care so much, then why don't you just curl up at the dump with the rest of the trash and stop consuming anything at all? You won't hurt the environment then...And just think! Your decomposed body can act as fertilizer!
I am not that fanatic Cool

Btw, one person not buying does make difference to Adv if one person here and there adds up to a significant sale drop. I think it's already happening. When Gantz sale figure drops below their expectation, their marketing plan will have to be adjusted accordingly.
I?m gonna steer away from the ?save the earth point?, and stick to what the truth of the matter is, 26 episodes on 13 discs is just shitty math. That is way too much packaging. Think of it this way. A lot of goods companies have to pay for shelf space. If you make more volumes, you make more cost for you. Shorten the number of volumes, raise the price to be the same vs. the new number of episodes, and you save money. Why the fuck doesn?t ADV do this then? Another point is I am a lazy ass. I don?t want to get up and have to switch discs every two episodes. Of course since they release it so slowly, I probably won?t have to worry about this problem Rolleyes , but if I?ve got the whole series in front of me, it would get old real fast. And hbk?s ?boycott? may not have much effect, but I know that there are many people that may walk through a store and see it (Gantz), pick it up, and notice two episodes per disc, and then set it down and walk away. That is a problem.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
You appreciate 26 episodes on 4 discs?

I appreciate video without horrible artifacting and pixelation.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Vicious Wrote:I really liked 12 Kingdoms. It took a few discs to get into it, but after that, I couldn't get enough of it. This last story arc was really really good.

Just a reminder - Less than 2 weeks to go until Hilarycon in Houston. Can't wait.

It's completely and utterly possible that I didn't give the show long enough to catch my interest... or that it just isn't what I was in the mood for. Maybe if they release a nice lookin' complete collection box set down the road I'll give it another shot...

I liked the idea of the show, a lot... and I loved the artwork... I just couldn't get into it after the first three volumes. :/

r00ster Wrote:You appreciate 26 episodes on 4 discs?

I appreciate video without horrible artifacting and pixelation.
Most 4 episodes are put in DVD5. If you use DVD9, 4 episodes can go on one layer and 3 episodes in 2nd layer. That gives the same superb quality.
r00ster Wrote:You appreciate 26 episodes on 4 discs?

That does sound shitty...
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
hbk101 Wrote:Most 4 episodes are put in DVD5. If you use DVD9, 4 episodes can go on one layer and 3 episodes in 2nd layer. That gives the same superb quality.

Unless you have a television larger than 13 inches... and then you'll notice a blatent drop in quality as soon as you hit more than 125 mins on a DVD9.

I cringe when I see 3hours worth of video crammed onto one, poor, over-worked DVD. That's cruelty to media, and should be reported to the ASPCA.

Blight Wrote:That does sound shitty...
You watch fruit basket and tell us if the quality is shitty.
hbk101 Wrote:What do you do with original cases? Throw them away?

It's called recycling. :eek:

Seriously, how many R1's do you buy to begin with? How is your boycott effective if you had no intentions of buying from ADV regardless of the episode count?
Blight Wrote:And hbk?s ?boycott? may not have much effect, but I know that there are many people that may walk through a store and see it (Gantz), pick it up, and notice two episodes per disc, and then set it down and walk away. That is a problem.

Actually, I think ADV is thinking the opposite. This will get more 'average' people to pick up the DVD. Most people that pick up a DVD at Best Buy to give anime a try don't know what the standard episode count is. So at a lower price point, ADV is hoping they'll get more 'newbies' to pick it up and give it a go.
Vicious Wrote:Actually, I think ADV is thinking the opposite. This will get more 'average' people to pick up the DVD. Most people that pick up a DVD at Best Buy to give anime a try don't know what the standard episode count is. So at a lower price point, ADV is hoping they'll get more 'newbies' to pick it up and give it a go.

I know a couple of very mild anime enthusiasts... as in.. they've seen Akira and GitS... who picked up Gantz just 'cause it was $17.99 CDN... with the art box. That's a really good point.

Andromeda18_ Wrote:I have to say I agree with hbk101 on this matter which is why quite often I feel a strong hatred towards the human race and I do hope we all die before destroying yet another planet.

The hatred of humanity in itself is very common. Once you realize the reality of human nature its hard to keep any remorse for human life and death no longer bothers you...Well that's true for me anyways. I wouldnt worry about that though honestly humanity will kill themselves and the planet will die to...Than be reborn and the process will start all over again that's the way the world is a never ending cycle...Life, Death, Rebirth...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Vicious Wrote:It's called recycling. :eek:

Seriously, how many R1's do you buy to begin with? How is your boycott effective if you had no intentions of buying from ADV regardless of the episode count?
When did I ever say I was boycotting Adv? I said I wasn't buying Gantz. As it is, I am anxiously awaiting for the arrival of Full Metal Panic Fumoffu.
Puppet Master Wrote:The hatred of humanity in itself is very common. Once you realize the reality of human nature its hard to keep any remorse for human life and death no longer bothers you...Well that's true for me anyways. I wouldnt worry about that though honestly humanity will kill themselves and the planet will die to...Than be reborn and the process will start all over again that's the way the world is a never ending cycle...Life, Death, Rebirth...

Pssst... guys.. the over-dramatics board is thatta way!

Seriously.. if this turns into another meaning of life, hatred of humanity, or 'I took Philosophy 101 look at how smart I am!' thread... I'm going to puke all over every last one of you.

hbk101 Wrote:I am not that fanatic Cool

Btw, one person not buying does make difference to Adv if one person here and there adds up to a significant sale drop. I think it's already happening. When Gantz sale figure drops below their expectation, their marketing plan will have to be adjusted accordingly.
If you bitch about your boycott though, you're just going to get this entire forum to buy Gantz just to piss you off...
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka