about his and her circumstances (Kare Kano)
so i own the 26 episode series and it ended in a really wierd way perhaps more like it seemed to end on the 25th episode then the 26th was some add on stuff like whats going on after but there was still no definate end i was looking thru that manga and it looks like they might still be making it because i did not see some of the stuff the manga is about. so what i want to know is have they made more of his and her circumstances or is the manga not done yet or what

i would really appreciate the help thanks

Cyrus
It?s by Gainax man, it?s not *supposed* to end cohesively. See the final two episodes of Evangelion (directed by the same guy). Yes, the last episode was meant to be there. Again, see eps 25-6 of Eva ? eerily similar.

From what I can establish, there was creative differences between Hideki Anno and the person who wrote the mangas. Apparently, Anno wanted to keep the series from going really dark, the mangas steer into somewhat blacker territory. Who?d have thought it? Seems like it should have been the reverse. Still, by this time he *had* exorcised his daemons producing Eva and got married.

Anyway, in the later episodes of the manga, stuff like Arima?s real parents make a physical appearance etc. The series does set itself up beautifully for a sequel but I?ve given up hoping. Anno?s moved on to other projects, and although there are other very capable people in the company, I think they?d all prefer to whack out a torrent of even more original stuff (FLCL, anyone?). I guess it?s just something to savour as a beautiful and complete statement, and accept the fact the fact mangas and subsequent anime series should remain divorced from each other as two separate interpretations.

</sigh>

Eight Drunken Styles

Limes? What Limes?
I haven't bought kare Kano's manga yet because I thought it was another mushy shoujo manga. I'm particularly careful when buying shoujo manga because many titles dwell too much on romance. I mean, I'm all for romance but there has got to be more to a story than that. However, after reading your post, 8 Drunken Stylz, I'm quite interested in buying it. Would you mind telling me a bit more about it?
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Has spoiler stuff:

I started to buy the Kare Kano mangas just because I wanted to see what else was going to happen after the anime ended. To me, the main couple's relationship is really interesting because it doesn't just focus on being lovey dovey with the we're-going-to-stay-together-forever mood. That's how it started in the beginning, but now, but later on, the characters thoughts are more realistic. I really do wonder if they can stay together. Arima, the main guy, loves Yukino but feels he has a bad side that wants revenge.. which is making him question his relationship w/ Yukino. I think it's a fun read when you're at the comedy parts of the manga, and can get really serious as well.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Would you mind telling me a bit more about it?

Uh, yeah, what Nina said.

I've only read bits and pieces of the manga. I'm not really inclined to collect the whole set because the anime was a superior product, in my humble opinion, and I also considered the series pretty complete. I've got no desire to have anything added onto my existing Kare Kano experience, especially if it's from an inferior source.

And that's what I like about anime series. They're not open ended, they have one well thought out story arc that, once finished, has said all it needs to say. The great thing is that anime series generally doesn't need to extend or expand the mythos to appease the advertisers and audiences. The creators can go off and do something else original and what starts out great doesn't descend into crowd pleasing mediocrity. Think of what happened to Twin Peaks <shudder>. What a brilliant ending Bebop had, couldn't have been possible if they wanted to make a second season. Okay, bad example, they *did* make a motion picture.

Having said, I'm still secretly hoping for a spinoff series about Asaba.

Eight Drunken Styles

Limes? What Limes?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about Kare Kano His and Her circumstances FX/EZDVD PC Mot_Soldats 1 1,279 12-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Kiruyuki
  Kare Kano or His and Her Circumstances! chiahow 0 1,393 05-30-2002, 10:33 PM
Last Post: chiahow