progressive scan not so impressive
i dunno about u guys, but personally i don't perfer dvd players that have progressive scan. i have one with progressive scan and a $40 model, i like the cheap one better cuz it just about plays everything, even the disc that doesn't play on the one with progressive scan.

i think its because the $40 player has a less precise thus less sensitive laser, scratches have less effect on it.
I could be mistaken, but you DO know what progressive scan is, right?

It doesn't matter if a player has it or not, it's a matter if your tv actually SUPPORTS it. Which in that case, if you have a tv that supports it, you wouldn't be saying that progressive scan isn't that impressive.

I've seen dvds on a normal tv, and i've seen them in progressive scan. And there is a HUGE difference. Especially if you have one of those up-scan dvd players (and again, if your tv supports the higher frequencies)
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
even tho it provides better quality with progressive scan, its useless if it doesn't play some dvds at all.
that was my point
kkun Wrote:even tho it provides better quality with progressive scan, its useless if it doesn't play some dvds at all.
that was my point

That has nothing to do whatsoever with progressive Scan...that's a player compability issue Smile

if your prog scan DVD player doesn't play a certain DVD ... it doens't have anything to do with the progressive Scan feature.
Exactly! It had nothing to do with the progressive scan feature. It's the player itself
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
desfunk Wrote:Exactly! It had nothing to do with the progressive scan feature. It's the player itself
and with cheap disc's..
I see everyone everywhere saying that cheaper players play cheaper discs better but I have never had any trouble with my good players. Its the cheaper ones that seem worse to me... I even had a tenchi disc that wouldn't play on anything that only worked in a top of the range sony.