Eeeeek.. Weight Gain
Weight gain and food, eh?
As far is my weight is concerned, I've had a hell of a rollercoaster ride in the past 5 years. I gained 30 lbs my first year in the military...haha. My second year, I lost 17lbs of it. Then there was pregnancy...and after that, I managed to drop all of if. I'm about where I was when I left high school.
I hate the scale. Honestly, if you like how you look in the mirror, why care what scale tells you? Trying to get down to a certian weight is garbage unless you are excessivly fat. It's all about balance. I now play volleyball like it's going out of style, and I lift. I'm toning up, but I'm also gaining a little bit of weight, because of that muscle. Big Grin
I try to eat healthy, as much as possible, but I don't go out and eat things I don't like simply because it's good for me! :p
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
Ka-Talliya Wrote:Weight gain and food, eh?
As far is my weight is concerned, I've had a hell of a rollercoaster ride in the past 5 years. I gained 30 lbs my first year in the military...haha. My second year, I lost 17lbs of it. Then there was pregnancy...and after that, I managed to drop all of if. I'm about where I was when I left high school.
I hate the scale. Honestly, if you like how you look in the mirror, why care what scale tells you? Trying to get down to a certian weight is garbage unless you are excessivly fat. It's all about balance. I now play volleyball like it's going out of style, and I lift. I'm toning up, but I'm also gaining a little bit of weight, because of that muscle. Big Grin
I try to eat healthy, as much as possible, but I don't go out and eat things I don't like simply because it's good for me! :p

I absolutely agree with you. People should keep an eye on their weight but more important than weight is the fat percentage we have in our bodies. And we don't even need to have it measured, we can tell very well if our body has a lot of fat or not. Like you said, if we like the way we look in the mirror then there's no need to worry. Unless you're one of those persons who are clearly fat and think they look great (I know a few), being overweight is bad for your health.
I also eat the things I like, even if they're not very healthy, but as far as taste goes I've experienced that we can learn to like certain things we didn't before. Nowadays I like all sorts of vegetables but I wasn't too fond of them when I was 15/16. When I was 17 I decided to start eating healthy food and forced myself to eat vegetables, after a few months I was genuinely enjoying them and today I still do.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Unless you're one of those persons who are clearly fat and think they look great (I know a few), being overweight is bad for your health.

i say good on them, if they like being fat then its their "life choice"

who are the thin people to go and tell them its "wrong" or "bad"
its their life and their fat :p
and their death Wink :p
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
rav96 Wrote:i say good on them, if they like being fat then its their "life choice"

who are the thin people to go and tell them its "wrong" or "bad"
its their life and their fat :p
and their death Wink :p

I don't mean it's wrong. I just mean it's unhealthy, very unhealthy. You do know obesity has been considered the epidemic of the 20th century, right? Besides, I was talking about people who despite being fat think their thin, not people who are fat and like to be that way.
8 Drunken Stylz Wrote:Just because it's vegan, doesn't mean it's right! In fact, from my research vegans are a pretty misguided bunch. They've taken a damn good idea (respect the veggies, decry the meat) and done the worst thing possible... turned it into a religion. No, I know it's not a 'religion religion' but every vegan I've ever met shares the same narrow minded zealousness you see on cable TV preaching hours. And there's quite a few of them in the Brisbane share house scene.

Anyway, the point is that you digest and absorb legumes a lot better if there's not a bunch of carbs floating about. Not that that stops me eating Dhal w/ rice.

No shit Sherlock, besides, the idea of me being a vegetarian is completely out of the question. I just said that because that was the kind of meal it is and what it was referred to when I was introduced to it. I hate vegetarians for the most part cause they think that their way of eating is the only way an everyone else is a barbarian. I talked to a nutritionist before deciding on this as a regular breakfast choice (and no it wasn't some clerk from GNC). They said it would help out my lack of energy and you know what, I feel better now than when I ran 50 miles a week. And that is what matters most, how I feel. If I felt like crap and if eating what I am now didn't make my life better, than you would have something to grip about. But I feel great, so don't jump down my throat.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Well eating well and moderate exercise will at the least keep your current body size. The amount of food we have is changing are bodies in ways we never knew possable. Any one know the average age for a female to have her first period. 14.5 in Europe I wasn't able to find the us figure. Oh and that was in the 1970's the average age has dropped to 12.7 that is almost 2 years differance. I don't know what that means for all of us but it is scary to even think about. And weight gain, that is a topic I hate because I believe there is a lot of genics but hell of lot more lazyness.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Andromeda18_ Wrote:You do know obesity has been considered the epidemic of the 20th century, right?

your typing to a guy who has 6 Clinical Nutrition Lectures a week
course i know...
im just getting at that if they think its fine just leave em to it...
their death..obviuosly that is my personal opinion but when i qualify i have to "pretend" to care and say loss weight you fat f*ck or your gonna die Rolleyes

im in an EVIL mood today...allready picked two arguments for no reason.. :mad:
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
morgorath Wrote:I believe there is a lot of genetics but hell of lot more lazyness.

PREACH it Brother!!! Big Grin
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
morgorath Wrote:Well eating well and moderate exercise will at the least keep your current body size. The amount of food we have is changing are bodies in ways we never knew possable. Any one know the average age for a female to have her first period. 14.5 in Europe I wasn't able to find the us figure. Oh and that was in the 1970's the average age has dropped to 12.7 that is almost 2 years differance. I don't know what that means for all of us but it is scary to even think about. And weight gain, that is a topic I hate because I believe there is a lot of genics but hell of lot more lazyness.

I watched on a documentary that girls nowadays have their periods much earlier because of their diet. Children nowadays eat lots of fast food and other unhealthy food and are therefore much fatter at a younger age than they were years ago. On average a girl has her period when she reaches about 105 pounds. What happens is that girls nowadays attain that weight much sooner and so their period appears sooner as well. According to scientists that's just another fact that shows how much unhealthy eating habits are something to be avoided. If an adult wants to be careless about it, fine by me but they should be more careful with what their children eat, for their future's sake.

rav96 Wrote:your typing to a guy who has 6 Clinical Nutrition Lectures a week
course i know...

I supposed you were aware of that but I just wanted to make sure. :p Wink
Its no big thing after I turned 25 each year since I have gained weight each year and have developed alittle bit of a donut around my midsection. I was told after my last physical that the metabolism starts to slow between you 25-30th birthdays and you have to start working harder to keep in shape and all that fun stuff. Its fun getting older
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Mantis421 Wrote:I was told after my last physical that the metabolism starts to slow between you 25-30th birthdays and you have to start working harder to keep in shape and all that fun stuff.

Either that or you have to eat less. When your metabolism slows down you don't need as many calories a day as you did before. You either consume less calories or increase your energy consumption by working out.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I supposed you were aware of that but I just wanted to make sure. :p Wink

lol... guess someone has to Wink
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
watching TV last night *cough*Desperate Houswives*cough* and i came across this documentary

http://www.channel4.com/health/microsite...virus.html

BEHOLD the

FAT VIRUS

then i talked to my clinical nutrition lectureer about it and she actually said that it has been known for a while but is not the prevailing cause and still disputed...

obviously LAZYNESS and BAD DIET is the biggest cause ...

but for those who have lived of rabbit food and excercise like crazy for most their life and still abit in the chubby side it could be the cause...you never know?!??!?!???????
food for thought if you will Wink :p
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
You guys all seem to know a lot about weight, perhaps you can clear something up for me. We did the fat percentage test thing at school the other day. I know I messed it up this time, but a few years back I had like 2%-4% body fat content. Is that bad? What's supposed to be healthy? Weight is too confusing for me, all of these complicated tests and stuff :confused: :p .
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
article: in the late '70s, someone working on a chicken farm in India had the Ad-36 virus and came in contact with birds with SMAM-1. The two viruses got together, exchanged genetic material, and turned into a hybrid virus capable of infecting humans and making them fat.

so, that became our fat virus carrier... hmmm.....

so basically animals and insects became our disease carriers,
AIDS, Ebola, West Nile, Malaria, and of course much more

give us a liitle more time, next thing you know people will be walking around in gas mask and all armored up. ahhh!!! the horror, the horror
[Image: ffc.jpg]