Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Eeeeek.. Weight Gain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So I went for my yearly health exam and found out I gained 15 pounds. Here's the weird thing though - all the pounds seemed to go to one area of my body - the stomach!!! It is a really weird experience for me because all throughout high school and college, I've been the same weight - around 113-115 pounds. I've always wanted to gain a couple of pounds to be a bit more healthy (I'm 5'5) but it never really happened no matter what I ate. Then after college I moved in with boyfriend and that's when the weight gain happened. (No, I am not pregnant Smile) The same thing happened to a couple of my girlfriends once they moved in with their bf/or got married. But they are very lucky.. because their pounds got distributed throughout their whole body. I hope this isn't an asian thing Sad I bet it's all the rice I eat plus turning into a couch potato.. I got a TV recently and I never realized how many reality shows were going on.. when did this start??? I guess there is more to life than watching anime dvd's and playing world of warcraft...
Nina182B Wrote:So I went for my yearly health exam and found out I gained 15 pounds. Here's the weird thing though - all the pounds seemed to go to one area of my body - the stomach!!! It is a really weird experience for me because all throughout high school and college, I've been the same weight - around 113-115 pounds. I've always wanted to gain a couple of pounds to be a bit more healthy (I'm 5'5) but it never really happened no matter what I ate. Then after college I moved in with boyfriend and that's when the weight gain happened. (No, I am not pregnant Smile) The same thing happened to a couple of my girlfriends once they moved in with their bf/or got married. But they are very lucky.. because their pounds got distributed throughout their whole body. I hope this isn't an asian thing Sad I bet it's all the rice I eat plus turning into a couch potato.. I got a TV recently and I never realized how many reality shows were going on.. when did this start??? I guess there is more to life than watching anime dvd's and playing world of warcraft...

It started a few years ago and has been spreading like the plague ever since.
Sound to me like the likely explanation is that you're gaining weight like a man... that is around the belly. Usually that means you'll be packing it on around the organs too. You can store many kilos of fat under your ribcage and never notice it externally. Suffice to say, that it's the most dangerous form of fat because you don't make an effort to lose it. If you want one possible solution, gain a few kilos of muscle mass. That'll increase your testosterone level and help you metabolise carbs faster. Your boyfriend'll be happy too because it'll increase your sex drive. You'll still have to burn the existing fat the aerobic exercise way. Also, cut out on the grain fed meat (almost impossible in North America, from my research) and switch to animals with green things like grass and algae at the bottom of the food chain (pasture fed beef, fish and kangaroo).
8 Drunken Stylz Wrote:Also, cut out on the grain fed meat (almost impossible in North America, from my research) and switch to animals with green things like grass and algae at the bottom of the food chain (pasture fed beef, fish and kangaroo).

People actually eat Kangaroo?! :confused: :eek: Well, you learn something new everyday.
Blight Wrote:People actually eat Kangaroo?! :confused: :eek: Well, you learn something new everyday.

Oh yeah , the lamb & beef industries here have held a monopoly on the public mindset regarding the consumption of native wildlife, traditionally it?s just been harvested as dog meat. But that?s beginning to change as people become more health (and budget) conscious.

And it?s good too. It?s a beautiful, solid, tender meat. Very dark, well marbled. And because it?s all hunted, not farmed it?s totally organic. None of those nasty growth hormones and antibiotics that you get in lamb and beef. You?ve just got to shoot the roo before it gets to about 3 years, after that it?s only good for curry. Thinking about it makes me begin to doubt my decision to become a vegetarian.

I used to work for a taxidermist who spent a lot of time in Africa. He?d eaten practically every exotic animal under the sun and according to him the only meat that?s any better than kangaroo is warthog, (with hippo coming distant third).

Mmmm, Skippy.
Blight Wrote:People actually eat Kangaroo?! :confused: :eek: Well, you learn something new everyday.
I've had it.
Its actualy pretty tastey.
8 Drunken Stylz Wrote:Oh yeah , the lamb & beef industries here have held a monopoly on the public mindset regarding the consumption of native wildlife, traditionally it?s just been harvested as dog meat. But that?s beginning to change as people become more health (and budget) conscious.

And it?s good too. It?s a beautiful, solid, tender meat. Very dark, well marbled. And because it?s all hunted, not farmed it?s totally organic. None of those nasty growth hormones and antibiotics that you get in lamb and beef. You?ve just got to shoot the roo before it gets to about 3 years, after that it?s only good for curry. Thinking about it makes me begin to doubt my decision to become a vegetarian.

I used to work for a taxidermist who spent a lot of time in Africa. He?d eaten practically every exotic animal under the sun and according to him the only meat that?s any better than kangaroo is warthog, (with hippo coming distant third).

Mmmm, Skippy.

Hmm, I bet it is really expensive (if you can even get it) over here. But I would like to try it one day. One thing that does seem weird is that if cost is a reason people eat it, why would they? Do the hunt it them selves, cause game is always expensive to buy.
Blight Wrote:One thing that does seem weird is that if cost is a reason people eat it, why would they? Do the hunt it them selves, cause game is always expensive to buy.

It's actually cheaper to eat kangaroo a lot of the time. Mostly you get all these guys out west on the cattle and sheep stations just hooning around in their utes (pickup trucks) with a few rifles blowing them away. There's bloody millions of 'em. And thrills are pretty thin on the ground when you're seven hours drive from the nearest population ecentre and it's 40 degrees Celcius. So it's eaither roos, pigs or foxes.
8 Drunken Stylz Wrote:It's actually cheaper to eat kangaroo a lot of the time. Mostly you get all these guys out west on the cattle and sheep stations just hooning around in their utes (pickup trucks) with a few rifles blowing them away. There's bloody millions of 'em. And thrills are pretty thin on the ground when you're seven hours drive from the nearest population ecentre and it's 40 degrees Celcius. So it's eaither roos, pigs or foxes.

Wish I could do that with Deer. Man I can eat me some dear sausage.
Blight Wrote:Man I can eat me some dear sausage.

Hmm, sausages are a lot like governments. You lose a lot of respect from them when you see how they're made.
Nina182B Wrote:So I went for my yearly health exam and found out I gained 15 pounds. Here's the weird thing though - all the pounds seemed to go to one area of my body - the stomach!!! It is a really weird experience for me because all throughout high school and college, I've been the same weight - around 113-115 pounds. I've always wanted to gain a couple of pounds to be a bit more healthy (I'm 5'5) but it never really happened no matter what I ate. Then after college I moved in with boyfriend and that's when the weight gain happened. (No, I am not pregnant Smile) The same thing happened to a couple of my girlfriends once they moved in with their bf/or got married. But they are very lucky.. because their pounds got distributed throughout their whole body. I hope this isn't an asian thing Sad I bet it's all the rice I eat plus turning into a couch potato.. I got a TV recently and I never realized how many reality shows were going on.. when did this start??? I guess there is more to life than watching anime dvd's and playing world of warcraft...
Hehe, I put on 30-40 pounds over the summer. People still think that I look like a twig that weighs about 85-90 pounds :p .

Urghhh!!!! i have the same problem but you know what...
ive gained like 10lbs of fat from what i was this time last year... :o

its good its in one area in a way coz when you suck it in you can get away with looking thin Wink
but bad in another coz having fat around the gut increases the chances of heart disease and certain cancers..but dont worry about that we arent 40+yrs ...yet Wink

if it was distributed evenly people would notice the weight gain and it will p*ss you off even more :p

urghhh just do cardio and weight training...ive given planty of advice prior in other threads so maybe find that... and yay ive now finally started to do something about my belly..lets see how far i get Wink Rolleyes
At Michigan State it was always referred to as the freshmen fifteen. It has to do with changing eating and drinking habits as well as less exercise.

Start paying more attention to your diet and get out for a half hour walk a day and you will see the weight go back to normal. Cardio and exercise always help but you don't need to go all out...
If you just want to lose the weight, go to the arcade once a week, and play $10 worth of DDR. j/k

Actually, yeah, I noticed a weight gain when I moved out of my mom's house, and in with roommates last year. I'm pretty sure it had to do with my eating habits.
i don't know, but it sounds like 2004 people gained weight. i, myself, gained 15 lbs more. ahhhh, but i blame it on my laziness that year.
i head that running helps loose calories and walking loose fat...... don't know, but either or i'm loosing something. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4