Most Undervalued game for Playstaion
Lunar Silver Star Story

I loved that game and NO ONE ever heard of it. Funny thing is, I saw someone walking around with the Pendant on that you get with the LSSS Complete box set and I asked them about it and they freaked out cause I knew what it was lol.

Anywho, I didn't care much for the PS as an RPG platform. I loved FF7 and a few select others but my heart will always belong to the SNES.

You can't beat the Super Nintendo for RPGs. Anyone ever play Earthbound? That was my favorite game EVER and no one has ever heard of it either. Sad
[Image: totororun7ut.gif]
earthbound was pretty good and it's true the snes has a lot of great rpg's so does the ps1 ps2 is lacking though and yeah i have lunar silver star story.

btw i also have chrono trigger that game rocks Big Grin (on snes)
NOBODY ever heard of Lunar? Or Earthbound? What people have you talked to?

Then again.... on most boards i went to, alot of people were rpg freaks. So nothing ever got by them. Or me for that matter Tongue

Just like people who say Thousand Arms is an 'unknown' rpg. Maybe i'm just spoiled with keeping up with everything? So nothing is 'unknown' to me.
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Well I'm not sure if this topic was brought up before or not but here goes. What do you

think was the most undervalued game for the Playstation? Also do you think it would

have made a good anime? Why or why not? Anyway I think the most undervalued game

for Playstaion was an RPG by the name of Legend of Dragoon. I loved that game and still

do. It was about these select knights who rode dragons and they had this draggoon armor

that contained the soul of a dragon. Anyway the best part was the end where you got the

divine Dragoon Armor which looked like it had a scwarzennegeresque influence. I think

this would make a good anime because there was a great variety of characters, the story

line was superb. It was done even better than the FF series. Anyway if you have a game

that you think should receive an honorable mention shout them out here.

First game that popped into my head when I read the titles was legend of dragoon lol. That and suikoden 2. Suikoden 2 is one of the best games i've ever played.

Oh, and I loved FFVIII's story. The combat junctioning system sucked though. I had to restart my game (i was within a couple hours of the games end) because I got stuck 'cuz my characters wern't powerful enough. Got a strat guide and got all the GF's and most powerful magic and crap (and made sure rinoa was high enough to withstand more than a couple hits when the sorcerous takes her health in the later battle) and it was a breeze.
desfunk Wrote:NOBODY ever heard of Lunar? Or Earthbound? What people have you talked to?

Then again.... on most boards i went to, alot of people were rpg freaks. So nothing ever got by them. Or me for that matter Tongue

Just like people who say Thousand Arms is an 'unknown' rpg. Maybe i'm just spoiled with keeping up with everything? So nothing is 'unknown' to me.
Yeah, those are very well known, stuff more like 'Robotrek' and 'Brainlord' seem like more obscure titles.
I LOVE ROBOTREK Smile anyways hmm the only game that i really feel i have missed out on is xenogears i never did beat it by the way im trading ehrgeize i guess it's kinda an rpg lol if ya want to message me

ciao
Xenogears was awesome. Even though once you got to the second disc there was waaaay too much text to read through.
One game...Super Robot Taisen...Super Robot Taisen...Alpha! Not to sure how populer it is in Japan but it didn't even get released in Europe or America (for obvious reasons. Stupid West!)
-Kanon!!
The SRT series are HUUUUUGE in Japan. Hell! That's why there's like 20+ games in the series (between all the consoles)

Somehow, nobody ever took a chance to bring one over here. Then again, the whole licensing and crap behind it all is part of the problem.

I have a part on the dreamcast, and a part on the ps2. Both were quite awesome.
For me it would be tales of destiny, not at lot of people ew the tales series until symphonia, and the I love the Destiny storiy line, is a shame that Destiny 2 por PS2 wasnt release in USA cause that was a direct sequel, the same for tales of rebirth.

I dont count lunar because it was originally for the sega cd & it was popular there so...
There's no point introducing myself to the death.

My R1 Collection
My HK Collection
desfunk Wrote:NOBODY ever heard of Lunar? Or Earthbound? What people have you talked to?

I have never heard of Thousand Arms; what was the premise?

rarnom Wrote:I loved FF 8. It was my fave out of 7-8-9.

Ah, it is good to see some FFVIII love...

Cidien Wrote:Oh, and I loved FFVIII's story. The combat junctioning system sucked though.

The story for me was the best part; I think Squall had significantly more depth than a lot of main characters in RPG's. I however loved the Junction system. The last time I played through, I didn't use the GF's after the fight with Robot spider thing. It is a doubled edged sword though. In my opinion it made the game way too easy. By the second disk I was fully leveled up. It didn't help matters that I managed to get the Lionheart on disc two as well though.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Thousand Arms was a ps1 rpg released in the US by Atlus, and was developed by Red (the ones who do the sakura wars series, and many other games).

It was a 2d/3d rpg, with actual dating elements tossed in. Probably the first time they EVER translated a game with dating elements in it.

The battle system was awesome, the story was great, and it was just fun AND funny. I also personally loved the artwork in the game. Also, Ayumi Hamasaki did the opening AND ending themes.

I'm not sure how easy or hard it is to find the game anymore. But I haven't seen it for sale (used) in ages. It's another one of those rpgs that I had the minute they hit storeshelves here n_n

http://www.atlus.com/ta.html
Robojack Wrote:I have to strongly disagree. Legend of Dragoon was nowhere was good as FF Tactics, IMO. But in regards to your original question, I'd have to go with Valkyrie Profile, which did fantastically in Japan, but never really got the deserved attention in North America. Combined with half-screen watercolored character portraits, a musical score by Motoi Sakuraba, and a Norse mythology setting, it doesn't get much better than this. Plus, the voice dubbing wasn't so bad either!
Valkyrie Profile is my all-time favorite PS game.

And, sadly, I've only met one person who's heard of it.
And I dislike him. Strongly. So thats not good at all.

I agree, the artwork, storyline, characters, gameplay, EVERYTHING about this game is amazing!

As for other games... The Lunar series, FFVIII was under appreciated, I never hear m,uch of a fuss about Chrono Cross (love that game.), Vagrant Story and, the Suikoden games for sure.
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
[Image: guts20banner201smaller7jf.jpg]
Made By Blight ^
Valkyrie Profile is another game that has a HUUUUGE following. And rightly so, since it is STILL one of the finest games out there. It's one of those games that is so close to 'gaming perfection' that its just hard to top.
Wel, it's nice to see someone else who at least heard of it.

I tried playing it last night. But it turns out my brother took it with him when he moved out! Boy was a pissed.

So I settled for Chrono Cross instead. No complaints there. Big Grin
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
[Image: guts20banner201smaller7jf.jpg]
Made By Blight ^