Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Most Undervalued game for Playstaion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I'm not sure if this topic was brought up before or not but here goes. What do you

think was the most undervalued game for the Playstation? Also do you think it would

have made a good anime? Why or why not? Anyway I think the most undervalued game

for Playstaion was an RPG by the name of Legend of Dragoon. I loved that game and still

do. It was about these select knights who rode dragons and they had this draggoon armor

that contained the soul of a dragon. Anyway the best part was the end where you got the

divine Dragoon Armor which looked like it had a scwarzennegeresque influence. I think

this would make a good anime because there was a great variety of characters, the story

line was superb. It was done even better than the FF series. Anyway if you have a game

that you think should receive an honorable mention shout them out here.
I have to strongly disagree. Legend of Dragoon was nowhere was good as FF Tactics, IMO. But in regards to your original question, I'd have to go with Valkyrie Profile, which did fantastically in Japan, but never really got the deserved attention in North America. Combined with half-screen watercolored character portraits, a musical score by Motoi Sakuraba, and a Norse mythology setting, it doesn't get much better than this. Plus, the voice dubbing wasn't so bad either!
i would have to say final fantasy 7 just joking

um star ocean 2 wasn't valued that high and it is way advanced for the playstation

i guess ehrgeize for when it was made was very impressing and not many people have it so i guess it is undervalued

but i would probally say either star ocean 2 or parasite eve two just because people seemed to be all about res evil instead though pe 1 and 2's stories are awesome

star ocean has an anime

ehrgeize would be crap

but pe would be pretty cool tho i have the live action movie and it's just ok
i have legend of dragoon and don't get me wrong it's impressive especially cus sony did it but it comes no where close to the magic and fantasy that final fantasy has or the suikoden series it's pretty good but it doesen't deserve to play in the same court as the big boys tho it's pretty advanced.
I thought most Rpgs on the PSX were overrated. I didn't really like any of them, but if I were to choose one maybe Vagrant story that was OK.
Vagrant Story is one of those games i HATED when i first beat it. But then i went back to it like 5 years later, and realized that it's one of the greatest games on the system.

Valkyrie Profile has an INSANE fanbase behind it. And fetches quite a pretty penny on the 'market' *cough* ebay *cough*. I just find it funny, that i've owned that game since the MINUTE it hit storeshelves here, because I knew it was gonna be awesome. And sure enough, it's another one of the best games on the system.

I kinda agree with Legend of Dragoon. But more because of the insane amount of people who hate the game. Only because they claim it only existed to 'rip-off' final fantasy 7. So what if it did in ways, it was still a great game. And the quality in its backgrounds KILL FF7's renders.

Now, i'll add something of my own to this. And that would be Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. To this day, it still is my absolute favorite game on the ps1. Awesome modern setting, amazing storyline, and a fantastic cast of characters. Not to mention, it even came with an awesome bonus disc, which had a 5 minute anime trailer (for an anime that never existed), and interviews.

I'm sure I could add alot more to this list. But my mind is blank right now on underappreciated ps1 games.
Cyrus Wrote:um star ocean 2 wasn't valued that high and it is way advanced for the playstation
Star Ocean 2 to me is way better than 3...
I had high hopes, but eh, 3 sucked for all the time I cared to spend on it.
I didn't like the 3d graphics most of all.

As for Suikoden, I've played number two; the damage system was total bs. One attack you might do 200, the next 20...was kinda dumb to me; plus they did a good thing by taking it 3d, cause it just looked kinda better Tongue
is persona a import cus i have never seen it and im pretty up to date on rpg's especially for ps1
Obviously not, if you haven't heard of Persona. Wink
ive heard all about it but i havn't seen it around so i thought it might be an import everyone seems to like persona
Nope, bother Persona 1 AND 2 were released in the US. Part 1 came out around the beginning of the systems life span, and 2 came out around the end.

If you had to choose, 2 is the best out of them. But it's nice to play 1, since alot of characters and whatnot make appearances.

The only thing we got screwed out of, is the second 'part' of persona 2. Oh wait... wasn't Innocent Sin the first part?

Also, if you had never heard of the series being released in the US. I'm curious if there are any other rpgs which you missed out on?
I agree that LoD was underrated, the story I thought was weak and flat, but I actually enjoyed the combat system A LOT. Mastering some of the moves has taken me 5 play throughs; only Fallout 2 surpasses it in times played for me. I can?t really say anything other than that cause I don?t have that many PS1 games. Just the FF games and LoD. LoD is also the only RPG that has prompted me to scribe some fan fiction, a lot of what if questions and sequel stuff, mainly because the story had some good parts and some foundation for depth, but as a whole sucked. As a runner-up I say FFVIII cause everybody seems to hate it and I like it better than VII.
Blight Wrote:I agree that LoD was underrated, the story I thought was weak and flat, but I actually enjoyed the combat system A LOT. Mastering some of the moves has taken me 5 play throughs; only Fallout 2 surpasses it in times played for me. I can?t really say anything other than that cause I don?t have that many PS1 games. Just the FF games and LoD. LoD is also the only RPG that has prompted me to scribe some fan fiction, a lot of what if questions and sequel stuff, mainly because the story had some good parts and some foundation for depth, but as a whole sucked. As a runner-up I say FFVIII cause everybody seems to hate it and I like it better than VII.

I'm not sure any of the FF series counts as it is one of the most popular RPG series for

playstation, but ok. Also what did you think of the Scwarzenegger (Divine Dragoon)

armor? I really think that was sweeet, *starts drooling as he thinks about it.* It is kind of

funny though how it had a terminator influence now I think about it.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:I'm not sure any of the FF series counts as it is one of the most popular RPG series for

playstation, but ok. Also what did you think of the Scwarzenegger (Divine Dragoon)

armor? I really think that was sweeet, *starts drooling as he thinks about it.* It is kind of

funny though how it had a terminator influence now I think about it.

Post a thread like FFVIII rules and about ten people will wish for your death in about an hour, so that is why I said it. It may be popular as a series but A LOT of people hate VIII.
I loved FF 8. It was my fave out of 7-8-9.

But as far as undervalued, I gotta go with Dragon Warrior 7. That game was HUGE. I loved every minute of it.
Pages: 1 2