Is it safe to order from MAC?
elcoholic Wrote:Without the gatefolds right?

yea, overall including customs tax (which i'm adding in just to know what to expect) like $5.5 per disc and I'd really prefer jus go through JJ but I'm ordering around 45 anime series and he doesn't have half of em so I might as well just order them all from MAC and get charged less per disc.

Don't get me wrong I'm gonna order any and all FX titles I can get from JJ before they go out of stock
Anime Want To Buy / Sell / Trade List: http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=5548
Nobody explain to him exactly why what he's doing is stupid. I think it will be funny to listen to him bitch when he gets his order lol.
Cidien what you acting like that for we had a successful trade didn't we? You got the games right? I thought we were on good terms now you want me screwed over, wtf kinda person are you? I did my best to ship items as fast as possible and you could care less if I lose $500 from MAC wow thanks alot bud I'll never trade with you again when you're that considerate of others.

I know what to expect:

Customs Tax
Wire Transfer Fees
Some broken discs
Back Up discs instead of actual order
1 - 2 Months waiting for items

i'm in no hurry to obtain 43 anime series all at once i got enough backlog to last me 2 months and when it gets here the only anime I need to buy is new stuff and maybe I could finally switch over to R1 since I'll be completely caught up Big Grin
Anime Want To Buy / Sell / Trade List: http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=5548
balthier Wrote:Cidien what you acting like that for we had a successful trade didn't we? You got the games right? And now you act like a bitch wtf?

I know Cidien. What's your problem? Didn't you know you're supposed to name your first born after him? I mean you did get your videogames after all!!!
How does our trade have anything to do with this? I left you positive feedback in the good trades section ya moron. Now our trades over. Doesn't mean we're best friends. If I go buy something from the grocery store does it mean I have to like and be nice to the person checking me out and bagging my groceries? I guess I don't understand where you're coming from. Do you?
Wait, I messed up, that was shipping I read, I was in a hurry. I think I'll just go for a US distro, might order my perfect Macross set from them, though.
balthier Wrote:Thanks you answered my questions Smile

Umm I was going to use EMS shipping.. is Fedex better or more of a risk? They ask what shipping I want to use but I don't know if each shipping is free? Or which shipping is fastest and least risk ? I am ordering 1 of each title but about... 40 - 50 titles or something... just over 100 discs is that in risk of customs finding?
I asked for different shipping methods but they always use Fedex anyway. When i got some stuff confiscated they did ship by TNT a couple of times. But when i requested it again they refused.

Hentai comes by airmail.

I think i was just unlucky with customs. Other stuff i get through no problem. It's just Mac stuff which goes through a particular airport that i have trouble getting. It hasn't affected my other shipments.
Well, 3.50 per disc for 40 discs, plus 1.50 shipping per disc. It's a pretty good deal, still might order from US, though.
Plus tax and no (sweet) gatefolds. Loooong waiting time and large posibility that you won't get what you want but get lots of backups. Also if you have a problem than good luck solving it with their english (which you have experience with). Honestly, Ive read so many complaints about them from shops (I bet JJ has some stories about them too) and other people that I can't recommend them for saving just a couple of bucks. I'd order from closer to home if I were you.

Another thing, I don't know if your ordering lots of the newer titles but I read on arcticnightfall that MAC seems to be using alot of dvd5's lately resulting in bad quality. I haven't been keeping up with reviews lately so I don't know if its really bad or has been noticed alot. Just to let you know. If you do order from them keep us up to date. Its always fun seeing someone try to order from them for the first time Big Grin
nah I am basically ordering from MAC to "catch up" with anime. I just ordered inuyashas, infinite ryvius, and kiddy grade from JJ. I don't know if FX titles are gonna go out of stock for a while or permanently but i hope not because I would prefer order the newer and good anime from JJ or someone that sells FX.

Also I'm hoping that if MAC does send most the titles I want I will be able to concentrate on buying R1 animes as they are released and no longer have to wait months to years for FX or MAC to release the cheap HK box set.

Anyways, after placing an order with FX and it being shipped the exact same day customs busted them ... well it was an ordeal and now I don't think MAC can suprise me after losing my order from FX and being incredibly lucky to get my money back.

So I'm prepared to lose all my money. I'm going into this thing like it's the lottery, here's $500 and maybe in a month or two I will get a giant box of anime, if not I will just have to continue "slowly" picking anime off the massive buy list I have, which will schedule me for catching up somewhere around 2 years after my death Sad
That's all good. I never had the guts to take the risk. One thing I don't understand is you saying it takes months/years for HK companies to release something cause thats just not true anymore. Most popular sets are ripped within 1 month, two months max. But I hope everything goes well for your order.

Anyway, thats quite a story about fx. How did you get your money back and was your order confiscated at customs or something
elcoholic Wrote:That's all good. I never had the guts to take the risk. One thing I don't understand is you saying it takes months/years for HK companies to release something cause thats just not true anymore. Most popular sets are ripped within 1 month, two months max. But I hope everything goes well for your order.

Anyway, thats quite a story about fx. How did you get your money back and was your order confiscated at customs or something

No no, I mean as the anime is releasing on R1 I could watch it, however the entire thing won't be out on R1 for a year or two, and then add a month or two for FX to copy it. So in total it could be a year + versus buying the R1 version as it comes out and watching it.

About my FX order... most the titles were visible on the picture with the hong kong task force guy holding my anime :eek: now maybe that was someone elses and mine was in the box still but it was the EXACT same day. FX luckily responded later and refunded money.
Ohh, ok. That's actually a thing I don't like about R1 companies. I hate waiting a month or two to watch my next ep. If I would buy alot of R1's I'd definetly wait till they released it all. Whenever I start a show I ussually watch the 26 eps. within two weeks max. I hate cliffhangers and still have trauma's of the way DBZ was shown over here. They would show like 50 new eps. and start over again. Then show 50 more new eps, then start over at the begining again.

You should have mentioned earlier that you've had contact with fx (or maybe I read over it), that means that they're surely not busted.