Really dumb questions out of know where.
Blight Wrote:Brother was Yuna?s first cousin. Cid is Brother?s dad and Cid was Yuna's Mom's brother. Riku and Brother are Yuna's first cousins. And he was really in love with her. There is far too much blood in between them for a relationship to exist.

I had forgotten they were cousins. But really, if they're cousins it's no big deal. It's true that if first cousins have children these have an increased chance of inheriting certain diseases but that's all. I don't really find it weird.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I had forgotten they were cousins. But really, if they're cousins it's no big deal. It's true that if first cousins have children these have an increased chance of inheriting certain diseases but that's all. I don't really find it weird.

:eek: :eek: :eek: ! In earnest, I have no idea what to say to that.

Edit: After thinking about it, they just met during the first game, so it is not like my family where I have a few cousins that are more like brothers and sisters to me. It still seems weird, and I still think it is really gross, but it is far more understandable if they don't know each other.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote::eek: :eek: :eek: ! In earnest, I have no idea what to say to that.

Edit: After thinking about it, they just met during the first game, so it is not like my family where I have a few cousins that are more like brothers and sisters to me. It still seems weird, and I still think it is really gross, but it is far more understandable if they don't know each other.

As far as genetics go it's like I told you. Now, if you think of a cousin as if she was your sister of course it's weird. Then again, if you think of her as a sister you're likely to never think about her in a romantic way. The real problem with incest is a biological one. If a guy falls in love with his sister (or vice-versa) he never truly thought of her as his sister. Besides, in most countries it's not legal to marry a sibling but it is legal to marry a cousin.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Another thing i heard about the nosebleeds is that it only when males are virgin's and have never done anything. But i will see if i can check up with it more. Its also like the sneezing in animes which is another one that if someone is talking about you that makes you sneeze. Japan has some weird things like that.
Schultz Wrote:Another thing i heard about the nosebleeds is that it only when males are virgin's and have never done anything. But i will see if i can check up with it more. Its also like the sneezing in animes which is another one that if someone is talking about you that makes you sneeze. Japan has some weird things like that.

That sneeze thing was in Hakusho and I was like wtf? Now I remember another thing that I have wondered about. What is with grabbing your eyelid and sticking out your tongue? I can?t believe I forgot to ask about that since I have wondered for like 5 years.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
If you're asking the reason behind why people do it or some kind of historical understanding then I have no idea. But from what I get its sort of similar to "up yours" but a much much milder version used alot by kids and teenages trying to act young or "cute". But then again people in the west also stick out their tounge with a similar meaning..so I have no idea. Maybe the eye thing is something to do with making yourself look grotesque or like a demon or something.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Blight Wrote:That sneeze thing was in Hakusho and I was like wtf? Now I remember another thing that I have wondered about. What is with grabbing your eyelid and sticking out your tongue? I can?t believe I forgot to ask about that since I have wondered for like 5 years.
Saw that on Pokemon, my dad did the same thing I asked him what it meant. He said "Look in my eye, does it look like I give a sh!t?" so basicly it's an insult -_-

As for the nose bleed thing, yeah enough people have covered it already...
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Batz Kage Wrote:Saw that on Pokemon, my dad did the same thing I asked him what it meant. He said "Look in my eye, does it look like I give a sh!t?" so basicly it's an insult -_-

hahahhahaha
LMAO
Big Grin
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Being chinese i never thought twice about the nosebleed thing. To me it was quite simple. Extreme excitment and increase in blood pressure. The blood vessels on the nose can be quite prone to bleeding in certain medical types according to chinese medicine (I am one of these). Of course the anime depiction is a huge exaggeration but it is in line with other exaggerated anime emotions and i guess gradually became a convention in anime.
Batz Kage Wrote:Saw that on Pokemon, my dad did the same thing I asked him what it meant. He said "Look in my eye, does it look like I give a sh!t?" so basicly it's an insult -_-

As for the nose bleed thing, yeah enough people have covered it already...
Did they actually said that in Pokemon.
I-za07 Wrote:Did they actually said that in Pokemon.
No, that's just the reason I asked him what he ment.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
What's really funny is my fiance gets nosebleeds really easily, especially when he comes back from pt in the cold. So I always accuse him of thinking something dirty and he gets so flustered! Big Grin
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
ladysilverice Wrote:What's really funny is my fiance gets nosebleeds really easily, especially when he comes back from pt in the cold. So I always accuse him of thinking something dirty and he gets so flustered! Big Grin

I'm sure you're not the one giving him nosebleeds. It has to be dirty thoughts about an attractive girl that gives you a nosebleed. :eek:
Vicious Wrote:I'm sure you're not the one giving him nosebleeds. It has to be dirty thoughts about an attractive girl that gives you a nosebleed. :eek:
Did I say he was thinking something dirty about me ? No, I didn't did I? I never claimed to have that ability, so there! :p
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
Hey Lady Ice, I like the new avatar. Glad to see you're keepin' at the art, and it's nice to see your take on another of my favorite animes. Wink

Keep it up!
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection