Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Really dumb questions out of know where.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK, in almost any anime I?ve seen, someone always get a nosebleed cause they see something sexual. Is this supposed to be an exaggeration of something that really happens? I don?t know of anyone getting a nose bleed from see a chick naked of anything stupid like that so where the hell did this come from?

Question two. This one is a little weird. OK, I?ve noticed in a couple of anime that their seems to be a tendency to, how should I put it, keep it in the family. These are non-hentai titles. Also, I have seen this in a few video games, most notably, FF X-2. Brother is disgusting and F?ed up. Of course when you switch to the hentia side of things, it gets weirder. The whole siblings screwing thing is just wrong. But hentai is for pervs (like me) so goes its namesake. So, does anyone know what the deal is on that?
that's a really good question, i've wondered the same thing.
Dont know about the second one, but as for the nosebleeds, Its kinda a myth in japan, all the blood is supposed to rush to your head when a person sees something sexual. Im not extually sure, please correct me if im wrong.
The best anwser I've found for the nose bleeds, I read in "The Anime Companion" and it makes it appear similar to telling somone they will go blind or grow hair on their palms if they masturbate. Purity maintained through fear. Mothers tell young boys that if they stare at a pretty girl too long they will get a nose bleed. Don't think dirty thoughts because everyone will find out and will know your a pervert. Why they picked a nose bleed isnt explained, but it seems to have somthing to do with blood pressure. Plus it's better than having mothers warning boys about other visible signs of dirty thoughts. I wonder how heavy the marerial used for those school uniforms is.
Not sure what all has been said, but nosebleeds, girls blush the guys get nosebleeds, I'll look for the exact explination later, but it says it's blood rushing to the head.
I always assumed it was some what of a "old wives tale". So, if you get a nosebleed, you must have seen something "bad" or been having dirty thoughts. It's the sign of a perverted boy. Schultz might have a better idea on what that's all about though.
Yeah, don't worry Blight, it doesn't happen in real life. You can keep looking Big Grin :p
Japan is weird like that... You can't show graphic depictions of sex but you CAN show child molestation with the bits blurred out... I've seen some pretty graphic hentai censored but with stuff like 12 dildos hanging out of an ass uncensored! The idea is that the Japanese regard everything they read as pure fantasy and that aslong as it is in your head it is allowed as they believe the line between fantasy and reality is so huge... I guess that's why they have so many weird media related murders and rapes...
After watching Plastic Little I had to know why men kept having nosebleeds everytime they saw a naked woman. In several place I read that it's related to a folk belief that sexual excitement in men leads to a change in blood-pressure, which in turn can cause a nosebleed. The more profuse the flow, the greater the excitement! Big Grin
elcoholic Wrote:Yeah, don't worry Blight, it doesn't happen in real life. You can keep looking Big Grin :p

Ha ha, well like I said before, it has never happened to me so I was like where the hell does that come from. But if it were true then I would have bleed myself dry A LONG time ago. Big Grin

I was half expecting to get a lot of laughs and no answers. I am glad that I actually know what it is about now. The second question I have a feeling no one will answer. Either cause they don't know or it is a subject which they would rather stay away from. But I would still like to know if I just imagined it or if this is like another fetish type thing cause it really seems strange to me.
Well I heard that the whole nose bleed thing is supposed to be symbolic of ejaculation. How true this is I have no idea. As for the "keep it in the family"...well it depends on what you watch and how closely related the people are. Can you give me an example to sort of clarify it?
Off the top of my head I can't think of any non-hentai examples of your second question. Well maybe Marmalade Boy, but they aren't really related.
One I know for sure is case closed. Two times in that show I have seen cousins that were married or lusting after one another.
I just don't understand what it was you saw in FFX-2. You do know Brother was his name, right? He wasn't Yuna's brother so his love for her was very normal.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I just don't understand what it was you saw in FFX-2. You do know Brother was his name, right? He wasn't Yuna's brother so his love for her was very normal.

Brother was Yuna?s first cousin. Cid is Brother?s dad and Cid was Yuna's Mom's brother. Riku and Brother are Yuna's first cousins. And he was really in love with her. There is far too much blood in between them for a relationship to exist.
Pages: 1 2 3