Naruto Video games
desfunk Wrote:I used to order from them as well, due to the decent amount of imports he'd get in.

But no, i wasn't an actual part of that site. A friend of mine was tempted to buy the domain when he sold it. But it probably would have been alot of money. Plus the whole legal issues behind things :p

As for the Naruto games. They've been talking about releasing the first one here for ages. Yet it hasn't appeared yet. Why? Because like you said, they probably ARE waiting for the series to hit US airwaves. Once it does, then the game milking will begin! They already have the One Piece games ready to come out as well (Grand Battle, and Round the Land are both pretty good games)

No, as I have stated before they are releasing at least the first one soon. They are doing the voices in house. Just wait and see.
Well, according to the IGN release posted, that's the first time i've EVER seen it 'officially' listed anyway. And that was still at Fall 2005 or whatever. Which just so happens to be a time when they pull out their new cartoon seasons on tv.

Just watch, when Fall kicks around. Naruto the game AND tv series will be out on tv.

If the series starts any earlier, that proves the point even more.

It doesn't matter whether the voices are being done in house or not. If they are, then it just goes to show even more that the series is already on its way to come out. They wouldn't go and dub an entire game, then from THEIR decide to give these voices to the tv series. I'm sure the tv series is already being dubbed as we speak.

That's what i think anyway.
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
'If' the series is already being dubbed it would already have to be licensed and fansubs would have to be taken of many sites who do their work honest. I think if it was licensed already we would have heard about it already. But plenty of time left to start airing the show before the game is released.
desfunk Wrote:Well, according to the IGN release posted, that's the first time i've EVER seen it 'officially' listed anyway. And that was still at Fall 2005 or whatever. Which just so happens to be a time when they pull out their new cartoon seasons on tv.

Just watch, when Fall kicks around. Naruto the game AND tv series will be out on tv.

If the series starts any earlier, that proves the point even more.

It doesn't matter whether the voices are being done in house or not. If they are, then it just goes to show even more that the series is already on its way to come out. They wouldn't go and dub an entire game, then from THEIR decide to give these voices to the tv series. I'm sure the tv series is already being dubbed as we speak.

That's what i think anyway.

It wouldn't be the first time. Besides, they wouldn't really give a crap weather the tv series is out or not. Naruto is already really popular here and will do very well despite the lack of an english release.
I remember back in 2001 they released the Hajime no Ippo game (under the name Victorious Boxers and is no longer in production) to the U.S., and the anime just barely came out (under the title Fighting Spirit). Maybe it will be the same case with Naruto. But I heard the Gamecube games have been a hot item for importing. If Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 isn't confirmed by next month or April, I'll probably buy 3. I already have the first 2 and the same with Narutimate Hero 1 and 2.

The first Narutimate Hero I found was just a beta test in comparison to the 2nd one but considering the position for Naruto is storywise (legally under the jurisdiction of VIZ), I guess it would make sense to release the first one. I really love Sasuke's super's with the Chidori. Especially with his monologues of how he wants to kill Itachi.

Well, as for the anime, I'm also in the same boat of hoping that 4Kids does not get it. I also hope FUNimation doesn't get it either. I'm ok with just VIZ licencing it and having Ocean Studios dubbing it, though I don't like how they translate the attacks in the manga and still haven't realized they have spelt Tessaiga wrong the whole time in Inuyasha.