Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Naruto Video games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK... so I got bored playing Berserk and decided to check out what other cool anime themed games we aren't getting over here and stumbled across Naruto for my PS2.
The opening scene alone is worth the download time and the game seems to be an excellent 2D fighting game with some 3d graphics along the way.

I've only had about 10 minutes of play time so far (have to wait till tomorrow night to play again) but I'm seriously impressed with this title. I think the title is something like Naruto Hero 2.

While I was reading a review for this Naruto game I saw that there is another one available for the GC that is supposed to be even better. Has anyone else had a chance to play this game?
the anime club at my university had a naruto tournament. i didn't play but it looked awesome.
Um, the first Naruto ps2 game is confirmed and the sequal is highly likely to come stateside very soon. Just gotta wait a little while for them to translate and voice everything. The voices are to be done inhouse.
I really enjoyed the first Naruto game over the second on the ps2.

Only because the first didn't really require any japanese knowledge.

To get through the story mode in part 2, required understanding. Due to certain fights having different objectives. Plus, it would have helped wandering around the city.

The thing is, part 2 looked WAY better then the original game, and added alot of new things to its gameplay (though i hate how they changed the super attack system)

I've got a crapload of ps2 imports that are based on anime. Alot aren't that good, but you'll get one that comes along that is actually pretty good. The naruto series, all the full metal alchemist games (the 2 action rpgs, and 1 fighter), and the Godanner game is AWESOME! (not to mention it's only on a cd, not a dvd)

I used to deal in ps2 backups for awhile. But i don't do much anymore (other then for myself). Due to the massive illegality behind it :p
I got a chance to put more time into Naruto today and all I can say is that I seriously wish I knew how to read Japanese. It looks like there is a pretty solid story there and the graphics do a better job of capturing the feel of anime than any other game I've played so far.

I'm stumped right now in a match where I have some sort of objective that I can't figure out... I keep winning the fight but still losing the mission.

I'll probably spend some time playing multiplayer with my friend next time she comes over. She's a huge Naruto junkie and she also enjoys video games. Should be fun having some one on one game time.
Just make sure not to play it with someone who doesn't know HOW to play. Or someone who can't grasp videogames well. Or you'll be in for a world of hurt (when you destroy them in every match)

That happened with my one friend here. But that's cause he's one of those 'button masher' type people. And the naruto games actually require abit of skill.

What fight did you get stuck on? The one where you have to be their master fighting that other guy on the roof? It took me FOREVER to beat that fight (until i read the mission faq over on gamefaqs)
Yeah... I've been stuck on that roof top for about half an hour now... just read that FAQ and it helps knowing what needs to be done.
Wouldn't the game have MUCH more selling potential in the US if they would wait untill the anime is broadcasted there? If they do it well they could make another DBZ kind of franchise of it. I think in Japan the franchising for Naruto is on overdrive and making them lots of money because there's so much naruto stuff to buy. If they bring it stateside now it will only be interesting for the anime fanatics and it'll land in the budget section pretty fast.

He desfunk, you wouldn't happen to have been a part of the canadian backup site that just shut down this month would you? (backups-4-ps2) I used to order from them.
I used to order from them as well, due to the decent amount of imports he'd get in.

But no, i wasn't an actual part of that site. A friend of mine was tempted to buy the domain when he sold it. But it probably would have been alot of money. Plus the whole legal issues behind things :p

As for the Naruto games. They've been talking about releasing the first one here for ages. Yet it hasn't appeared yet. Why? Because like you said, they probably ARE waiting for the series to hit US airwaves. Once it does, then the game milking will begin! They already have the One Piece games ready to come out as well (Grand Battle, and Round the Land are both pretty good games)
desfunk Wrote:As for the Naruto games. They've been talking about releasing the first one here for ages. Yet it hasn't appeared yet. Why? Because like you said, they probably ARE waiting for the series to hit US airwaves. Once it does, then the game milking will begin! They already have the One Piece games ready to come out as well (Grand Battle, and Round the Land are both pretty good games)

I think you are right, I just hope that those damned 4 kids Entertainment MFers don't get the rights. They have already ruined two things that I wanted to watch before with their damn editing, name changing and horrible voicing. I love Naruto as a manga and have been waiting to see it in English as an anime but with stupid kiddy companies like that I?m starting to get scared. I guess how this ties in with the thread is if the show sucks ass cause of the translation it will drag all of the other stuff, including games, down with it bad or not.
That reminds me. How is the One Piece show on US television? Was it rapped a much as we anticipated or is it worse Big Grin What changes have they made. Is Sanji constantly sucking on a lolipop?
elcoholic Wrote:That reminds me. How is the One Piece show on US television? Was it rapped a much as we anticipated or is it worse Big Grin What changes have they made. Is Sanji constantly sucking on a lolipop?

As soon as I heard about them changing the names around, I pronounced it dead. I am too afraid to find out. It is probably raped though since they show it for kids on Saturday morning and I seem to remember foul language, drinking, and plenty of blood in the manga so I?m pretty sure that it was ruined. If anyone has seen it I would like to hear their testimony though.
Smart move. I watched one episode on Fox, and wished for my death.

The voices SUCK, the opening is some lame rap "HERE COMES LUFFY!!! WITH HIS GUM ARMS!!!" Or something stupid like that. "AND ZORO, AND NAMI TOO!".

Now, I'm not one to complain if they DO bring the games out, and use the shows voices. Cause hey! I'm just happy to get the game in english.

I've actually seen in a few cases, when the game comes out it still keeps the original characters names. Even if the show on tv DID change them.
desfunk Wrote:I've actually seen in a few cases, when the game comes out it still keeps the original characters names. Even if the show on tv DID change them.

Well, that would be cool, just anyone who didn't have exposure to it in anything other than it's watered-down form would probably think it would be stupid. I would probably at least give the title a rental before I passed judgment on it (even though I didn?t give One piece a try because of the chop-job and horrible voices on Shaman King, it is a different medium after all). But the unaware populous would basically have no choice but to think it would be ignorant.
If your interested in another good anime game try the full metal alchemist game. I just dl-ed it (only 700 mb somehow, fits on a cd) and I'm having lots of fun with it. Using alchemy to transform useless object into things you can fight with and it has some rpg elements and ofcourse anime cutscenes. I don't exactly know how long its been available in the US (its in english) but if you want something else to dl try it sometime.
Pages: 1 2