Resolutions
forget in 3 weeks? nah. all my resolutions are things i already planned to do. they just seemed like the perfect reply to this thread. actually carry out is a different story though, hope i can.
Gemini, the glass is always half full. just remember to keep pouring.(wow, that sounds good... to me)
Puppet Master, good luck with 'art'. i know stuff like that can be a bitch. i dont remember the last timew i created anything enjoyed by more than a few people.
Onizuka, I hope you feel better. If i missed that mant days by this point, my school would have been pissed.
Well im at a stage where i dont know what i want to do with myself. If anything i should put less time into work and get out more.
I just dont seem to get sick for any reason.I never missed one day all through high school.In fact i dont remember having had to take a day off for being sick since i was about 13.They used to give out attendance awards at the end of year ceremony and no more than maybe one or two students would ever get it, followed by much teasing by everyone.Luckely i had a form room teacher that understood such embarassment and wrote me off the roll call for a week each year.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
WandererX12 Wrote:forget in 3 weeks? nah. all my resolutions are things i already planned to do. they just seemed like the perfect reply to this thread. actually carry out is a different story though, hope i can.
Gemini, the glass is always half full. just remember to keep pouring.(wow, that sounds good... to me)
Puppet Master, good luck with 'art'. i know stuff like that can be a bitch. i dont remember the last timew i created anything enjoyed by more than a few people.
Onizuka, I hope you feel better. If i missed that mant days by this point, my school would have been pissed.

Yeah I know the feeling of having any form of work going unapperciated it sucks. Many people consider art to be just defined as drawings, painting and other items of that sort but in my eyes the definition is much broader. But it can be a bitch when you have to go back and fix it because of a few problems in the final product. But meh that's what it takes sometimes and the end more than justify the means...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
argh... resolutions...
I resolve to get off my ass more often and possibly even find a career path that I enjoy that keeps my mortgage paid (savings are almost entirely gone now).
I resolve to actually put more work into my comic book idea and have something to show by my birthday this year.
wow... I've started writing three more resolutions but they are all more personal than I want to share. Mostly they have to do with me not being a lazy, self-centered, inconsiderate slob. Let's see how well I can do.

Good luck to all of you with your resolutions.
Happy New Year to all.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
I'm going to stick to my budget for once, and start chipping away at the debt I've created living beyond my means for the last 3 years... as fun as that has been. Wink

...at least I had 4WD in time for the blizzards we've been getting pounded with for the last 3 days.

Nothing like 10inches of snow (and it's still coming!) to make you feel really good about spending way too much money on a vehicle that makes trecherous snow and ice driving fun!
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
r00ster Wrote:I'm going to stick to my budget for once, and start chipping away at the debt I've created living beyond my means for the last 3 years... as fun as that has been. Wink

...at least I had 4WD in time for the blizzards we've been getting pounded with for the last 3 days.

Nothing like 10inches of snow (and it's still coming!) to make you feel really good about spending way too much money on a vehicle that makes trecherous snow and ice driving fun!

ur getting that much snow out there? here in toronto, its all mostly melted!
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
Onizuka17711, not being mean or anything.. but did you get checked for mono? I hope that's not the case though.

Ahhhh rooster, I am so glad I'm not in Canada! Although you guys have it good with the holiday vacation! We only got dec. 24 off and that's it! the other "holiday days" were half days Sad My co-workers were in Canada during the snowstorms and it sounded horrible. Someone was stuck in traffic for 3 hours. Have fun in the snow car Smile

I'm always amazed at people who do art/creative stuff. I tried writing.. but it's too hard for me. It was really frustrating. I think anything that becomes worthy of being 'great' takes a lot of hard work, otherwise anybody could do it.
I gave up on resolutions a long time ago. I either didn't remember them later on or I didn't get around to do them. I just go with the flow, I live my life and if I feel there's anything that must be done I'll get around to doing it. It's not that I don't make plans for the future but I think it's pointless to dwell on things to much. There is one thing I really intend to do this year and that's decide on how my trip to Paris is going to be. I was thinking of going to London but a cousin of mine who goes there often told me that at the moment London is a very expensive city and that Paris would be a better option. I suppose I still haven't given up on London completely because I really want to visit it (I think I'd spend the entire time there inside the Natural History Museum Big Grin ) but I also want to visit Paris very much and if it's a better option... Anyway I have to check everything very well because I have to choose between a road trip to Paris or a confortable airplane trip. A road trip would be a really great way of seeing more than just Paris but flying there sure has it's advantages.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Nina182B Wrote:Onizuka17711, not being mean or anything.. but did you get checked for mono? I hope that's not the case though.

Ahhhh rooster, I am so glad I'm not in Canada! Although you guys have it good with the holiday vacation! We only got dec. 24 off and that's it! the other "holiday days" were half days Sad My co-workers were in Canada during the snowstorms and it sounded horrible. Someone was stuck in traffic for 3 hours. Have fun in the snow car Smile

I'm always amazed at people who do art/creative stuff. I tried writing.. but it's too hard for me. It was really frustrating. I think anything that becomes worthy of being 'great' takes a lot of hard work, otherwise anybody could do it.

It takes hard work unless it comes natural.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
No, I was already checked for mono. They said that that wasn't it. Lol, I've already had that once :p .

Yeah, the school is pretty pissed. Every time I finish the catch-up work, I miss more school. The office knows me by name now which is funny, because there are like 500 kids in my grade alone :p .

I should probably pick a resolution that I can control, so....I've decided that I want to learn Japanese. Anyone know of any good websites or books that could help me?
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
r00ster Wrote:I'm going to stick to my budget for once, and start chipping away at the debt I've created living beyond my means for the last 3 years... as fun as that has been. Wink

What kind of vehicle do you have? Me, I bought a Jeep liberty last summer so now deep snow outside the garage doesnt even bother me anymore. I use to have a car and whenever there's a lot of snow I always get stuck.

We have'nt had much snow yet but its been very cold since new year's eve with temperature ranges from -15 celsius to -27 celsius.

As for Resolutions. I have a goal to lose at least 30 lbs before summer so I can have fun in the beach for the first time here in Canada. Im actually just 10 lbs overweight but I just want to be toned and strong too. Not for other people but for myself.
onizuka17711 Wrote:Stop being sick all the time :p .

Same here... Except mine should be stop taking all the drugs and booze that keeps making me sick! :p
I used to have the same resolution year after years which is to lose weight. But it seems like I can't stick to this resolution... so for 2005, I'll stick with only one resolution : 1600x1200.
You'll need it in due time
Puppet Master Wrote:It takes hard work unless it comes natural.
Hmmm.. not sure if I believe there are things that come natural for some people that they don't need to work hard at it. Even if someone is natural at playing the piano, or drawing, it still takes time and effort to practice the piano or produce a work of art.

Onizuka, I hope your school doesn't decide to fail you or make you take the semester over again. One of my friends was told to redo a senior semester of college Sad It was so sad because he couldn't graduate with us.
Nina182B Wrote:Hmmm.. not sure if I believe there are things that come natural for some people that they don't need to work hard at it. Even if someone is natural at playing the piano, or drawing, it still takes time and effort to practice the piano or produce a work of art.

I agree, to a certain extent. Like a basketball player that is really tall. They still have to work hard, but when they do, they have a natural advantage over some others. Great eyesight also helps artists. I remember seeing something on Tech TV that a sketch artist eyes naturally focused on strict parts of a picture to duplicate them on his copy he was creating. Beyond physicality though, it has a lot to do with weather you truly enjoy what you?re doing or not. I like writing so I do it all the time, thus developing my current level of skill through execution. It is a lot harder to practice and get good at something you aren't into. The way I like to see things is this. Take a fighter. He has tons of strength, but little experience. He goes against a fighter with far less power, but has trained for far longer than his adversary. So the brute gets his ass kicked even though he could crush him with one hand. So the truth is that all natural ability is moot if you have not the ability to harness it.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe