Other reasons to own a Gamecube
The only character I used in the game was Voldo. True he his hard as sin to learn to use and he is a definate Marylin Manson knock off but he is one cool character to use once you master his moves
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Black Howling Wrote:And Ryo maybe the reason why you don't like Voldo is because he is an SM freak.

Awww, what is wrong with S&M? Sure, I would not where my collar and chain to a fight, but at least that codpiece has got to help. I hate him because he is awkward as hell.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Ryujin Wrote:No, it just wouldn't. I hate when people think there is a magical knob that you can turn that tones a game down ever so slightly "jag up the edges a bit, that'll do!". Its just not that simple. As you have said the consoles run on totally different architecture. And if you were to try and make these games on PS2 or GC, you would have to lessen the AI, shrink the area's, lessen the number of enemies on screen, lessen the speed, lessen the effects, totally rework the physics, have much less happening at once etc... not to mention try to program it from the ground up. Hence it would no longer be the same game, thus a feasable port is not possible.

I know what it takes to Port a game. In the first place it depends alot how you write your AI engine and such if it can be easily portable.. When games that are written to be on multiple system design most of there stuff to be easily portable hence they can make it for all of them..

But again i know what it takes to do stuff on different architectures and how it works.. I do small little programming for my own use. Even in PHP if you wanna make a site that works on multiple servers you have to think about portablilty differences between Linux/Windows or different PHP configurations.

But the thing is they CAN be ported and they would probably look almost as good.. But they WON'T because it wouldn't be Economical to do it. (Besides being locked into a contract)
Schultz Wrote:i am positive that Ninja Gaiden or halo could be put on either the Ps2 or GC and looked pretty much just as good as it does on the Xbox.

Well from what I know, the PS2 could just about handle the ice stage from Dead or Alive 3 on it's own. But that was it. It couldn't handle the 3Dmodels and the stage at the same time. I read this in a game magazine (as we all know game magazines always tell the truth Wink so if you are going to disagree, do it with them not me.
-Kanon!!
Tomonobi Itagaki (maker of DOA3, Ninja Gaiden) said that, and despite trying to hype up his own game, he knows far better than the rest of us what each console is capable of, being the only one of us who has actually made games for both and having a large and talented team behind him I think he knows slightly better than you and me what they are capable of.

Shultz Wrote:In the first place it depends alot how you write your AI engine and such if it can be easily portable.. When games that are written to be on multiple system design most of there stuff to be easily portable hence they can make it for all of them..

Well if you are making a game and you know it will be multiplatform, then you have to make it for the lowest common denominator (PS2 in this case), and then you simply modify certain aspects at the end for each console (obviously the other console engines are also been written, but they are based on PS2 base code generally). Therefore games designed to be multiplatform can't take full advantage of every consoles power. But again if you take a game that was designed specifically for one console, one architecture, and to take full advantage of it and every aspect of that console, using little tricks and effects and coding everything around the strengths and weaknesses of that console and architecture. Now if this happens with a console like X-box which is significantly more powerful than the competition, and has a very different architecture then there is no way something like Ninja Gaiden or DOA or Halo or Panzer Dragoon Orta could be ported, simple as that.

Ask any developer, tech head, avid gamer or games journalist and they will all tell you the same.

Shultz Wrote:But the thing is they CAN be ported and they would probably look almost as good
No...just no, I know you'd like to believe it but you have to stop deluding yourself.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Ryujin Wrote:No...just no, I know you'd like to believe it but you have to stop deluding yourself.

Ryujin,

It CAN be done but it wouldn't be up to what they want the quality to be.. i said Almost which they never wanted almost the same quality..

Anything CAN be done if you wanted to put the time and effort into finding the ways to get it done. I kinda miss the days when all the programs you ran where pretty much optimized for all they where worth. now programmers just writes tons of stuff without truely getting optimized because of space being cheaper and power being more abundant. look the next version of Longhorn is going to be released on a DVD as its too large to fit onto a CD-Rom for the install. or will be put onto multiple CD-Roms.

*Offtopic*
Hell little offtopic but still about how things can be done.. a guy wrote a P2P program with only 15 lines of code. and i know other people doing something similar.
Well in the whole sceme of things there are two things that stand out. A first GAmes sell the system and B First party games use a systems potential far better than "most" 3rd party compines.

Xbox has a huge hil to climb. First off the only 2 games that have made any true profit for the Xbox is Halo and Halo 2. M$ has made the majority of it's profit thru Xbox live. Second do any of us here really think Halo would have done as well as it had if M$ didn't buy stop the release of Halo for the PC when it did. (Thier reason was if Halo was on PC Europe players would have played on thier PC's and not the Xbox)
Second if there was a sure fire way to have a libary of games avaliable to the public when you release a new system it is to have backwards compatablity. (Look at what it did for the PS2 and is a major reason GBA has survied over the years) But Zboz has already said that it's new system will not be Backwards Compatiable with old Xbox games. (I belive this is due to M$ trying to prevent priarcy, but hey that just my view)

Oh Ryujin, I got a good example for ya, which version of Dragonball Z: Budokai(first one not 2 or 3) would you rather play. PS2 had polgon graphics, GC had Cell Shaded graphics. Key note every Dragonball Z: Budokai since the GC version has been in Cell Shaded. I personal like the GC versions better.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
morgorath Wrote:which version of Dragonball Z: Budokai(first one not 2 or 3) would you rather play. PS2 had polgon graphics, GC had Cell Shaded graphics. Key note every Dragonball Z: Budokai since the GC version has been in Cell Shaded. I personal like the GC versions better.

I personaly liked BK1 on PS2 better. It looks more like an anime than any of the other Budokai's. IMO.
-Kanon!!
Black Howling Wrote:I personaly liked BK1 on PS2 better. It looks more like an anime than any of the other Budokai's. IMO.

Ah Budokai!!! The only game series I have taken an extreme dislike to so far.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Ah Budokai!!! The only game series I have taken an extreme dislike to so far.

BIG BANG....KAMEHAMEHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Kanon!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The reason to own a gamecube babyeater0 101 36,102 01-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Ryo of Inferno