Poll: How good are you at Soul calibur1?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I suck!
0%
0 0%
I suck a little less.
0%
0 0%
I don't suck but I haven't developed basic skills.
7.14%
1 7.14%
I have developed basic skills.
14.29%
2 14.29%
I can use block and throw and a number of other skills
0%
0 0%
I have learned the 8-way-run!
0%
0 0%
I can use all skills to a degree.
28.57%
4 28.57%
I have learned all skill and have developed tatics.
7.14%
1 7.14%
I can trick my human enemy with my tatics.
14.29%
2 14.29%
I have leaned many tatics and can swith them at anytime!
28.57%
4 28.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

So how good are some people at games?
I was the king at Street Figther 2 Turbo, Fatal Fury Special, and KOF 94', but lately games have gone the 3D route, with the exception of Virtua Fighter, Tobal, and sometimes Soul Calibur, most of them are button smashing pieces of shit. If you guys want a real challenge go try to beat Megaman 1 or Ghost and Goblins on the NES.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Already finished Megaman 1 ages ago, and loads of times over the years. Prefered Ghouls N Ghosts on the Megadrive (Genesis). Finished it, great game.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Yeah Ghouls and Ghost was great, but it was easier, Ghost and Goblins was a bitch. Megaman I beat back in 1988 and I was the talk of my 5th grade class(Well at least among the boys). Then everyone found out about pressing start right before you get hit trick to defeat rockman(I think that was his name, dude with one eye that would send pieces of himself flying), that pissed me off, cheating bastards.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
elcoholic Wrote:I suck at fighting games but will beat anyone on a racing sim.

It used to be fun with streefighter 2 and mortal combat but nowadays the games are to complex to get used to. It takes you hours and hours to become good at a charracter. That takes patience and I don't have enough of it.

Hmmm,True...You know what, I bet I could beat anyone at Marvel Vs. Capcom for

Dreamcast. Now that is a great fighting game. My best characters in that aare Wolverine

and Gambit. What are or were yours?
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Nobody I know can beat me at the Tekken games, especially tag. I don't know any games other than that, that I can't just beat people half the time with button mashing, including soul caliber. Tekken is the only fighting game I know of that when you get really good at a balance of defense/offense you will destroy all competition. My friends quit playing it because it would take them about 50 fights just to win one round.
Ryujin Wrote:Just to clear up a few things....Yoshimitsu was a first for the Edge/Blade/Calibur series is SoulCalibur 1. He was not in Soul Edge/Blade. Secondly, Hwang/Assassin rules you all, thats why I always beat your ass down Black Howling, your cheap tactics only prolong your life for a short time.

First when you fight Hwang for over a year you learn the weak points of him moves. I can see Hwang moves and counter them better than anyone else. Even if someone was better than me they wouldn't do as well as I would against Hwang. Second my so called cheap tatics has prolonged my life for more than 4 years. If they are so cheap maybe you should stop playing against me. I sometimes let you win but when you start getting cocky you have too learn your place. Also I have tried to train you by picking diffrent people. Hopefully the trainning will come in handy. A little advice Ultimatly I am anti-Hwang so stop picking him! If you picked someone else maybe you would do better.
-Kanon!!
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Hmmm,True...You know what, I bet I could beat anyone at Marvel Vs. Capcom for

Dreamcast. Now that is a great fighting game. My best characters in that aare Wolverine

and Gambit. What are or were yours?

Any game Wolverines in hes my best fighter....
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
In Marvel VS Capcom 2 I was unstoppable! Cable was sooooooooooooooooooooo cheap! As was Megaman/Rockman (they should of had X) and Captain Commando.
-Kanon!!
Black Howling Wrote:In Marvel VS Capcom 2 I was unstoppable! Cable was sooooooooooooooooooooo cheap! As was Megaman/Rockman (they should of had X) and Captain Commando.

BLAH you want to see a cheap fighter? Try fighting Cyber Akuma forgot which game hes in but hes a pain...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Black Howling Wrote:In Marvel VS Capcom 2 I was unstoppable! Cable was sooooooooooooooooooooo cheap! As was Megaman/Rockman (they should of had X) and Captain Commando.

Cable was alright, wish they had put Bishop in though. Bishop is the best out of the X-men

time travelers in my oppinion, although Cable is too.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
RPGs are my thing. As far as Soul Calibur goes Voldo is the only character I got anywere good at. He is a disturbing character but fun to use if you understand his moves and combos
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Puppet Master Wrote:BLAH you want to see a cheap fighter? Try fighting Cyber Akuma forgot which game hes in but hes a pain...
Shin Akuma kicks my butt at Capcom vs Snk 2 & cyber akuma kicks my butt in the arcade game (I too don't remember the name -_-)
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html