Poll: How good are you at Soul calibur1?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I suck!
0%
0 0%
I suck a little less.
0%
0 0%
I don't suck but I haven't developed basic skills.
7.14%
1 7.14%
I have developed basic skills.
14.29%
2 14.29%
I can use block and throw and a number of other skills
0%
0 0%
I have learned the 8-way-run!
0%
0 0%
I can use all skills to a degree.
28.57%
4 28.57%
I have learned all skill and have developed tatics.
7.14%
1 7.14%
I can trick my human enemy with my tatics.
14.29%
2 14.29%
I have leaned many tatics and can swith them at anytime!
28.57%
4 28.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

So how good are some people at games?
I was wondering because this site is a anime site. So is anyone really good at games? As in above-average? Mostly beat-um-ups e.g I played Soul calibur 1 for 4 years every day in a row. This poll is for Soul Calibur 1. Please don't lie.
-Kanon!!
Black Howling Wrote:I was wondering because this site is a anime site. So is anyone really good at games? As in above-average? Mostly beat-um-ups e.g I played Soul calibur 1 for 4 years every day in a row.

I seem to do best in fighting games like Soul Calibur, DOA 2 Hardcore and other fast moving ones as well as the fighting in games like Devil May Cry. I have played fighting games all my life though Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Killer Instinct, tons of fighters...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
I fought my brother for those 4 long years. He always picks Hwang. I swith from Cervantas and Seigfried. When I truly want to win I pick Yoshimistu. And do the back kick slash. Move. It's so cheap Wink
-Kanon!!
By the way the brother I am talking about is Ryujin.
-Kanon!!
Black Howling Wrote:I fought my brother for those 4 long years. He always picks Hwang. I swith from Cervantas and Seigfried. When I truly want to win I pick Yoshimistu. And do the back kick slash. Move. It's so cheap Wink

Yoshimitu? Hes in the Tekken games....I don't know why you mentioned him because I don't remeber him being in the Soul Calibur games at all...

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
oh Yoshimitsu has been all over the place. He's been on the SC line since Soul Blade. And, he is definetly my second favorite character. Cause nobody beat Cervantes. WHERE'S MY RUM Big Grin
He he... who needs a signature when you got such a cute ass kitty avatar.

I think I'll call him McGuffin
lol...It all depends on the rules you fight under with Soul Calibur last time I fought a friend of mine we made it ring outs only forgot the exact details but I still kept winning. The only stragey difference was charchter because I picked Voldo who normally I CAN'T STAND. But the best fighters? The quick Samuri Sword guy forgot his name and NIGHTMARE...

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Whoa! It looks likes two people has similer skill to me. I'd like to have a match sometime. A pity I can't fight online...
-Kanon!!
In the words of Mr. T, "What are you fools talking about?" Xiangchua is the best in Soul

Calibur. Whenever its time for serious buttwhoop, she can't be beat. I have never, ever

lost with her. In the arcade version I only needed one quarter to win entire game when I

picked her. Also no human player has beaten me while I'm Xiangchua,... at least not yet

anyway.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
I have been fighting Hwang for 4 years. So if I was you fight you I wouldn't suggest him. Also Xian plays simular to Hwang so if we were too have a match I would have the advantage. Plus my tatics are unique and unbeatable. Cool (and 4 years is very hard too top Wink )
-Kanon!!
Black Howling Wrote:I have been fighting Hwang for 4 years. So if I was you fight you I wouldn't suggest him. Also Xian plays simular to Hwang so if we were too have a match I would have the advantage. Plus my tatics are unique and unbeatable. Cool (and 4 years is very hard too top Wink )

Meh all ive done my entire life is watch TV and play video games never really made friends didnt give a damn and still don't. To put it simple I don't have much of a life when I am at home same things everyday. But the fights I had with my friend in all fighting games were SWEEEET same with the ones against my niece. Much to my surprise on DOA 2 Hardcore both put up a good fight and on Soul Calibur 2 my friend John won some matches.

But as I said if you want to see something funny fight someone with infinite health for both forgot how to do that but it's funny watching your opponet get pissed when they can't knock you off the stage due to the level getting in the way. Big Grin

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Actually I have been playing games all my life. But 4 years of my life was spent playing Soul Calibur. About 1 year of Dead or Alive 2, about 3 months of Soul Calibur and about 2 months of Dead or Alive 3. Not to mention all the years playing Street Fighter 2 and Alpha. Blah Blah Blah you get the picture.
-Kanon!!
Black Howling Wrote:But 4 years of my life was spent playing Soul Calibur. About 1 year of Dead or Alive 2, about 3 months of Soul Calibur and about 2 months of Dead or Alive 3. Not to mention all the years playing Street Fighter 2 and Alpha.

Wow! :eek: I 've never played games for that long. I think the longest I've ever played is half a year of harvest moon: back to nature. I only own DOA 2 Hardcore, 3, and Ultimate, Soul Calibur 2, and Bodokai 2. I think I'm okay at all the games I havent lost to any on while I'm playing Kasumi or Jann Lee (DOA), Yoshimitsu (Soul Caliber), Hercule and Kurian (DBZ Budokai 2). Then again most people I fuoght sucked pretty bad. My sister is the only one who ever gives me a challange.
Even Buddha can only be tried so far! - Yakuza saying
Just to clear up a few things....Yoshimitsu was a first for the Edge/Blade/Calibur series is SoulCalibur 1. He was not in Soul Edge/Blade. Secondly, Hwang/Assassin rules you all, thats why I always beat your ass down Black Howling, your cheap tactics only prolong your life for a short time.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
I suck at fighting games but will beat anyone on a racing sim.

It used to be fun with streefighter 2 and mortal combat but nowadays the games are to complex to get used to. It takes you hours and hours to become good at a charracter. That takes patience and I don't have enough of it.