What would make a good anime?
jugdish Wrote:i think it would be good to make an anime about a guy that posts on a HK dvd forum site annd drives the other uuses to such a frenzie that thats all they post about u

By my count, you used my name 5 times in your post. So basically you want to make an anime all about me. Whose the one with the obsession here that has people posting about him?
Blight Wrote:I got no clue what that is; could you elaborate?
Battle Royale is a book that you can get (translated by VIZ), 600+ pages. It is about a government program that puts 42 fifteen yearolds (9th graders) on a small island, arms them with different weapons, and they are forced to kill each other. The last one standing wins. The book is AMAZING. I have recommended it before on this site and actually have ranted in the rants section about how much I hate the film.

It is a manga, and I like the manga, but at times it does go waaay overboard with the sex, cussing and violence. The translation is not the best, but it is still quite consistent with the book.

The movie on the other hand, is crap. If you haven't read the book, then you think the movie is great. If you have read the book, then you realize just how god-awful the film is. Everyone I know who has seen the movie first and then read the book likes the book much more. Those who read the book and then saw the movie (like me) HATE the movie everytime.

If somebody could make like a 52 episode series, you could easily pack in all the yummy goodness of the book. If you have a chance you should get it and read it. I have never had someone read it who didn't love it. The last person I loaned it to read it in two days. He said he just couldn't put it down.
rarnom Wrote:Battle Royale is a book that you can get (translated by VIZ), 600+ pages. It is about a government program that puts 42 fifteen yearolds (9th graders) on a small island, arms them with different weapons, and they are forced to kill each other. The last one standing wins. The book is AMAZING. I have recommended it before on this site and actually have ranted in the rants section about how much I hate the film.

It is a manga, and I like the manga, but at times it does go waaay overboard with the sex, cussing and violence. The translation is not the best, but it is still quite consistent with the book.

I thought that was it from reading a review from another site about the movie. The concept is very sick but at the same time it is a true represensation of the modern worlds truths. I myself havent read it only heard of the film till now but I guess I will have to check it out sometime. BTW who is the author exactly and how much does it cost?
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
I think the movie "Army of Darkness" will be a great anime and has a potential in having a lot of episodes. You can create a lot of stories about his search for the way back to his world.
Puppet Master Wrote:I thought that was it from reading a review from another site about the movie. The concept is very sick but at the same time it is a true represensation of the modern worlds truths. I myself havent read it only heard of the film till now but I guess I will have to check it out sometime. BTW who is the author exactly and how much does it cost?
The author is Koshoun Takami and the book costs about $16 new. Here is a link for it at amazon.com where it is a little over $11.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...ce&s=books

If you are going to get it at a book store, just make sure you have the right ISBN number (156931778X) if you order it, because they might confuse it with one of the graphic novels of the manga...
takumi25 Wrote:I think the movie "Army of Darkness" will be a great anime and has a potential in having a lot of episodes. You can create a lot of stories about his search for the way back to his world.

It would be an amusing anime with how the movie was. It was a dark comedy which would make an intresting format....
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Vicious Wrote:By my count, you used my name 5 times in your post. So basically you want to make an anime all about me. Whose the one with the obsession here that has people posting about him?

Hey! C'mon.. my name was in there a couple of times too! ...at least mention me so they don't forget who to look for when it comes time to dish out the nominees for best supporting actor.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I think Guilty Gear would make a good anime. Black Howling 8 8,464 12-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Last Post: vooboo123