Studio Ghibli Box Movie Collection
I prefered Nausicaa over princess mononoke but my favorite Ghibli film so far problably has to Whispers of the heart ( haven't seen the whole Ghibli set yet - half way through)
Princess Mononoke is my favorite movie. I should get the Ghibli Set soon enough.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
The Ghibli set is very good but MAC is slowly releasing direct R2 rips of the Ghibli movies
Laputa all the way for me.
Grave of the Fireflies was great but very sad
Does the MAC releases differ from the MI release?
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
I own the MAC version (4 DVD) and the video and audio are very good when you consider they stuffed 3 movies in each DVD. I think the subtitles are the same as the 6 DVD MI version , there were timing problems in Pon Poko and Laputa in both versions. The MAC version also has inside cover art (check out the screenshots for the AS version to see how it looks like)
also those 2 movies can be bought separely on single dvds (new releases)
Are they direct R2 rips?
the reviews say it has english dub so must be R1 rips?
I thought disney didnt release none of those movies yet
let me pop one into the dvd player a sec
looks like R2 rip, got english french japanese chinese subtitles, high quality video audio wide screen
damn its also got english japanese and french audio!

I am clueless of source hehe cause i havent heard anything about R1s of this set...
that's pretty crazy, I know my neighbour yamadas had french subtitles but it seems the other ghibli releases have a french audio track. That is just great for me, makes me want to buy them even if I have the MAC set

Vive le francais!
Vive le Quebec libre et independant! (just kidding)